Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Due To The "rusher" Patch It's Now Impossible To Finish A Mission In Under Half An Hour

PrincessBabycakes

WEll, that's kinda what I said. No matter what you do to online mode, nothing will ever solve anything because you either have grief from rushers or grief from explorers. You can't just please them both and that is why anyone with a minimum amount of intelligence says. Play solo/private. That's where there is no grief and were everyone just has fun.

What about the proposition that people who get to the end get to be extracted on their own? They're not helping their teammates so why keep them in the level at all?

True but don't forget that the mission is scaled for 4 people. You extract one or two people and the other are stuck having to fight something calibrated for 4 people which depending on how your warframe is, it might or might not work.

Sure you can argue that these people wouldn't be helping anyway but if it's just 1, well, DE pretty much said they wanted to end up with rushers and by rusher simply assume anyone who goes ahead of the team ignoring their wants. Still, just 1, 3 an still do it. If 2 people get there and say, they don't spring a timer up to get the otehr out. It goes from not getting rewards to being overrun if their warframe/weapons aren't up to it.

True but don't forget that the mission is scaled for 4 people. You extract one or two people and the other are stuck having to fight something calibrated for 4 people which depending on how your warframe is, it might or might not work.

But if it's at the end of the level you could make a good argument that most of the enemies are already wiped out. And the hardest most difficult part of the level (assassinations) are already done

But if it's at the end of the level you could make a good argument that most of the enemies are already wiped out. And the hardest most difficult part of the level (assassinations) are already done

I made a post about this last night, and after the boss the initial wave or 2 of mobs after him, I've had to sit on extract or hold players hands for upwards to 5-15 minutes due to the extract change / also the map displaying the wrong direction + no height indication for whether you need to go up or down.  I understand why players get lost in the new tiles, but even for us 'semi-explorer / semi-rusher' types that no we don't go 100% through the map opening every box/killing every enemy or 100% ignoring everything but are more like 80/20 where we kill at least 80% / get at least 80% of the loot the extra 5-10 minutes starts to add up per level and is pretty painful.

And yes solo/private play does solve this issue, but its kind've nice to see allies on the map.

As well as the benefit of being able to level a frame/equipment more easily by having allies to help with the damage output / safety net of coop play. 

You need half a team at an extraction point, right? So basically a mission will be as fast as the second player (2 being half of 4). If not even one of the other 3 players besides you is faster than 30 minutes because they get lost or can't climb vents, then you are clearly playing in the wrong levels. If you have your second warframe (frost can't be your first, right?)and are building your third you must have good weapons to compensate for your weak warframe, so you should go to harder levels where players know how to move.

Wait a minute. If you can't solo it, how are you sitting at the extraction point all by yourself?

Because I work together as best as I can with my teammates while we get to the boss. Usually after the bossroom the map becomes more complex. I can kill solo enemies no problem (even with my base level paris with no mods) as long as I'm a bit careful about it. Usually the way the map works on that boss is that the boss is about 20% through the entire map and is pretty straight forward to get to.

You need half a team at an extraction point, right? So basically a mission will be as fast as the second player (2 being half of 4). If not even one of the other 3 players besides you is faster than 30 minutes because they get lost or can't climb vents, then you are clearly playing in the wrong levels. If you have your second warframe (frost can't be your first, right?)and are building your third you must have good weapons to compensate for your weak warframe, so you should go to harder levels where players know how to move.

I cant simply go to another level when farming a specific blue print. But as you've pointed out this isnt my first, or even second warframe and while these arent exactly my first weapons either they're also brand new. I like starting out as "level 0" from time to time.

I made a post about this last night, and after the boss the initial wave or 2 of mobs after him, I've had to sit on extract or hold players hands for upwards to 5-15 minutes due to the extract change / also the map displaying the wrong direction + no height indication for whether you need to go up or down.  I understand why players get lost in the new tiles, but even for us 'semi-explorer / semi-rusher' types that no we don't go 100% through the map opening every box/killing every enemy or 100% ignoring everything but are more like 80/20 where we kill at least 80% / get at least 80% of the loot the extra 5-10 minutes starts to add up per level and is pretty painful.

And yes solo/private play does solve this issue, but its kind've nice to see allies on the map.

As well as the benefit of being able to level a frame/equipment more easily by having allies to help with the damage output / safety net of coop play. 

Thank you for your input, I appreciate other people who are in a similar position speaking up as well. I feel as if moderates are an unvocal majority as opposed to the vocal minorities of 100% explorers/100% rushers. People who neither rush there and back without killing a single enemy other than the assassination target or explore every single container seem to be under represented on the forums.

I sent you a friend request, I realized I still need Ember helm. I'm running a Loki with sprint and stamina mods, I certainly won't slow you down. I'll just throw in some unranked weapons in a couple slots for xp.

Didn't really matter what level i was playing last night, I did a range of levels while farming. its not like im chilling around on earth or mercury most of what i did was higher level like sedna, eris :x And a lot of exta =_= finally got all the frost bps saw had 8 helmets when i finished.

And yeah, there are some bosses that i can't solo with some of the frames / weapons i'm bringing in.  If i was trying to solo them I'd play differently (ie. different loadouts).  But last night I wanted that fuzzy feeling of being on a team, though that backfired guess I shouldn't play when my friends are away or if i listened to the forums i should treat this game as a solo player experience even if my average mission time is like 15 minutes =_= because that is rushing.

I sent you a friend request, I realized I still need Ember helm. I'm running a Loki with sprint and stamina mods, I certainly won't slow you down. I'll just throw in some unranked weapons in a couple slots for xp.

I'll add you later tonight when I get home, the last thing I'm missing is helm too.

No, you cannot. Unfortuantly the game doesn't spwans a certain number on enemies in the rooms and that's it. The game constantly keeps on spawning enemies and the more people the harder they are and the larger their numbers are. If you sit 2 people at the end and leave 2 people behind who are exploring and let's say, they are just about right level for the mission as far as equipment wise. They are likelly lining up for an &#! kicking. Especially if they enter a large room cause large rooms spawn a lot of enemies and then rooms around the large will start spwaning endless smaller waves of reinforcements. Also the room where you stand will also spawn reinforcements. The only way to stop these spawns is to actually kill everything very quickly but if you don't kill the enemies very quickly because as I said, the equipment isn't vastly superior to what's being thrown at you. Then you get the endless spawns and if they don't get simply overrun which odds are they are. Then they will eventually run out of ammo and that's when they'll die.

Again. Online has no miracle solution, you can't ever please both sides so if you play online mode then you have to accept the fact that someone might just screw you over.

You kinda gotta deal with it

or find people at your speed

Its better then before rusher = no credits for rest of the team

I dunno about you but losing 3k credits for 15 minutes of work because some volt or ash said no collecting and rushed is not fair at all

Why are you spending 15+ minutes for 3k, when you can get 3.5 for speed running Vor in 5min or less?

Would you suggest some sort of matchmaking based by rank?

I'd suggest having a wallrun tutorial. :p

From reading your OP it seems that your problem is 'people can't figure out the vertical-wallrun-to-fan' room, which is pretty unintuitive, and they don't want to listen to you (which is the state of random pubs since time immemorial).

No, people just want to explore every single room in the mission rather than rush to the exit after the boss is dead.

I hate dealing with these absolutes... I very much doubt most people are either exploring every single room or rushing to the extraction ignoring everything.

Cant we at least agree that there are SOME people out there who are moderates? That both want to explore on the way and kill stuff on the way to the extraction point while only slowing down minimally to do so?