The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Use A Second Battery For My Laptop?

Cemges

So the gaming laptops are still lasting only around 3 hours and this is simply not sufficient if one is planning to take it to university or job etc. So I am wondering, since some people do it with their phones, can it be done with laptops? I mean can I carry a second battery that is fully charged with me to use if the other one runs out, so as long i regularly use both, or is there other dangers of doing so? Because I mean why people don't do this if they can? I don't see anybody doing that. It's not like they are too expensive either.

Btw my main problem is battery life being a setback for laptops. Why does it have to be a limitation, or why didnt I or someone else think of doing it before? Because I couldnt find anything about that on google

Edited by Cemges

no wallsocket in work place? i think others don't do this because laptop battery have a cost, they don't wanna bring more stuff but i think its possible to do

You still need to carry the extra battery anyways, so why not bring the charger instead?

As for wall sockets (or lack thereof), I often bring one of those block socket splitters to get more sockets (since workplaces generally have wall sockets) by detaching one electrical appliance on my workplace from one of the wall sockets, then plug in the block socket splitters and replug the electrical appliance. Of course, if it was at a place such as a hospital, I would not do it. 

You can buy a second battery just make sure it can be used in your laptop then just swap it out when you need it.  I used to carry an extra laptop battery in my laptop bag just because I sometimes found I didn't have battery charge when I needed it so I just swapped in the other battery.  It was from my brother's identical laptop he didn't use anymore.

im on a laptop, when im at a place where i can charge i charge the battery and then take the battery out, saves the battery and saves the laptop from any unnecessary heat.

but back to your question yes you can have a second battery and doesnt matter whether its charged or not if you wish just make sure its the right battery, since each laptop uses different styles

Edited by Clats01