Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Whistles And Tricks?

Syncrasis

I would like to be able to tell my Kubrow to "sit", and then be able to call it back to me with an (audible) whistle of some sort. It makes sense to be able to do this with a canine companion. I would like to tell my buddy to sit tight in an intense situation, or an unexpected plunge in health. Maybe there would be a range or time limit, so you don't just leave them somewhere.

Additionally, the whistle could be more than just a sound or action, it could be a physical item. Maybe it could have different sounds, different makers, different appearances... Imagine a Grineer kubrow whistle vs the fluttery sound of an Orokin one..?

And this idea then grows into: How about the ability to teach your Kubrow cosmetic tricks? Roll over, play dead? Throw a Grineer face mask as a frisbee??

The Xbox One Warframe will require you to utilize Kinect to manually pet your Kubrow; do so improperly and they will turn on you, devouring your Tenno and forcing you to start the game ALL OVER again.

If it's wrong to use that as my ride back to Vor's Prize again, then I don't want to be right.

Jokes aside: how do Tenno use a whistle when their Warframe's have no mouths?

That joke aside as well: a simple variation of the Waypoint button (I think keeping the Waypoint separate from Kubrows will be important for helping navigate other players) could solve all these problems: a click on a specific enemy and they'll focus it, a click on a location they'll stay at it, a click on a locker they'll Scavenge it.

The idea's good, but I'm not sure a "whistle" would be the best option.

And on tricks: eehhhhh, same area as Warframe Dances imo; don't really fit. An expanding of what the Kubrows do while resting on your ship, though, COULD fit into that position.

Jokes aside: how do Tenno use a whistle when their Warframe's have no mouths?

That joke aside as well: a simple variation of the Waypoint button (I think keeping the Waypoint separate from Kubrows will be important for helping navigate other players) could solve all these problems: a click on a specific enemy and they'll focus it, a click on a location they'll stay at it, a click on a locker they'll Scavenge it.

The idea's good, but I'm not sure a "whistle" would be the best option.

And on tricks: eehhhhh, same area as Warframe Dances imo; don't really fit. An expanding of what the Kubrows do while resting on your ship, though, COULD fit into that position.

Ohh, good point! Tenno don't really have mouths, at least not accessible outside their helmets. That waypoints idea sounds like something that could be interesting. What if you could get your squadmates to also highlight the same enemy with a marker for all the Kubrows to attack the same target at once? Dogpile them, hah!

As for tricks being too much like dancing, which was said to be a thing which will never happen... I don't know, they already make Kubrows butt-scoot so it doesn't seem like so much of a stretch to me. I agree about it not being something in missions though, maybe something ship and dojo specific! Dojos could use things like this to make them feel more alive.

In all likelyhood, DE probably shares your feeling that it is too much like dancing. But I will forever hold the dream in my heart.