Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scavenger Artifacts, Underpowered?

AdultHero

So lately I've been playing with the ammo artifacts a lot, and after a while I feel that having them on doesn't make much of a difference to the ammo drops. At all!?!

Take my last game at Callisto. I had played to wave 15, but only found 3-4 sniper drops from waves 11-15! This is infested defence, where hundreds of mobs spawn, and you need several hits to take down Ancients, and this is might be all we get to support a sniper? I went from full ammo with a Paris at wave 11(with a maximum-rank max ammo mod attached) to a mere 23 ammo upon ending wave 15, with no sniper drops in sight. Now, my accuracy may be in question, and I do miss my fair amount of shots, but I like to think that I can shoot a big &#! Ancient in front of me in the head without missing.

But yet there's still more to that story.

So, I claimed my mod, afraid to go on any longer due to my supply of ammo being in the red (which is a big but separate issue for gameplay), exited, came to the squad lobby screen, glanced over my scores and then froze. Lo and behold what did I see

we had 2 sniper scavenger artifacts on.

Have you guys and girls had any similar experiences in your games?

Maybe instead of ammo drops, scavenger artifacts could give a small ammo regeneration effect? It'd have to be balanced separately for each weapon type(1 shot per second is useless to a rifle but could be great for a sniper), but it could make those artifacts really useful.

Scavenger Artifacts don't increase droprates, they just show you on your map (yellow points) where you can find Sniper Ammo (at least, that's what I could figure out so far).

Correct me, If I'm wrong

I was sure the scavenger artifacts increase the value of those ammo drops instead of making them more likely.  I haven't noticed a difference in either case!

And you are right. Scavenger mods increase the amount of bullets you pick up from ammo drops.

I was sure the scavenger artifacts increase the value of those ammo drops instead of making them more likely.  I haven't noticed a difference in either case!

They don't, but that would be nice.

Why not just take an upgraded 'ammo drum' mod with sniper ammo boxes?

Please read more carefully and you will see that I did have Ammo Drum on and maxed out.

Sure, you can gear up ammo boxes till your Tenno rolls over from the virtual weight of them, but that would fast turn into another credit sink. And surely, surely I should be able to get a fair amount of sniper drops from 5 waves of infested with 2 of my 4 precious artifact slots taken up by a scavenger artifact.

Do they really? Check again.

And to re-iterate; normal Sniper ammo box pickup restores 10 ammo. Thus, it has to be more than 10 if you so claim it to be that it increases ammo pickup amount.

Edited by matrixEXO

And you are right. Scavenger mods increase the amount of bullets you pick up from ammo drops.

Well I have a pistol scavenger artifact ad I get +20 when picking up rifle ammo and +20 when picking up pistol ammo.

I don't see a change in drop rates for pistol with it and it certainly doens't give me more ammo per pickup.

How about some empirical evidence?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/27109-pistol-scavenger/

It's not encouraging.

Also, if you're using the Paris and have a maxed Ammo Drum mod, you're going to get, what, 27 more arrows (+30% of 90)?  And that's all you'll get for the entire match.  If you instead use those mod slots to do enough extra damage to kill 27 enemies in one hit instead of two, at any point, you'll have made up the difference.

How about some empirical evidence?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/27109-pistol-scavenger/

It's not encouraging.

Also, if you're using the Paris and have a maxed Ammo Drum mod, you're going to get, what, 27 more arrows (+30% of 90)?  And that's all you'll get for the entire match.  If you instead use those mod slots to do enough extra damage to kill 27 enemies in one hit instead of two, at any point, you'll have made up the difference.

Damage is not the point being discussed here. We are discussing the utter ineffectiveness of our ammo artifacts.