Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime Or Bo Prime

Deidaku

Question

10 answers to this question

Right now I'm getting a lot of use out of my Bo Prime. The crit chance, status chance, base damage and the combos all add together to make a solid melee weapon. That's not to say that the Orthos Prime is bad though - I'd suggest picking up both non-prime versions if you haven't already and trying out their respective stances to see which you prefer.

The Bo Prime Ornament is really really common. Looking for Loki P Chassis, i found 9 of them. And already sold 2 last month. Real problem are bp and mostly the handle.

However, i use Orthos Prime, i read online that Bo Prime is better for status builds or for its stun ability, but i really haven't tried it by myself.

bo prime because of its 25% status and nice damage of 75. basicly a serro with more crit chance

Except Serro has much bigger range and has elemental base damage, meaning crappy impact and puncture procs don't happen instead of better elemental/combo procs and that you can have better damage type overall, getting full benefit against the target you're modding for.

Bo Prime has other better things though like attack speed, coptering animation and crit.

The two weapons aren't really comparable...

Edited by Naftal

orthos prime is much better to get from the void and also cheaper to get from the trading channel, if you are really looking forward to get the bo prime... the only part you're going to have trouble to get is the handle since it's in a t4 exterminate and also cost alot in the trading channel. The Serro is also a good compromise if you don't want to get both but it's a clan tech weapon plus its a elemental weapon too.

Edited by genthis

Right now I'm getting a lot of use out of my Bo Prime. The crit chance, status chance, base damage and the combos all add together to make a solid melee weapon. That's not to say that the Orthos Prime is bad though - I'd suggest picking up both non-prime versions if you haven't already and trying out their respective stances to see which you prefer.

All I need is the rare Orthos stance and i would have tried them all out

thanks for the tips guys

Personally, I use Orthos prime over Bo Prime. Mostly because I like the combo's in bleeding willow over those of flailing branch. And like the others said, Orthos is probably easier and cheaper to obtain over Bo, but ultimately it comes down to what you prefer more, more slash and damage output and a much farther reach, or more impact and status/elemental chance with massive stun capability.