Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Needs A 'vote To Kick Player' Button

TheTechieAngler

it is so frustrating especially playing on survival and people keep activating life support at 70% it just wastes it, baring in mind the life support drops passed a certain amount of time drop so much... it just ruins the game and get everyone annoyed when youve asked the person nicely to only activate life support at a certain percentage.. but they dont listen and just ruins the fun game you were hoping to play with friends... 

they should make the /i command a kick option for those hosting keys. i am tired of mk1's in my damn t4 keys being massacred after 40s on the clock!

and then i'm the #$&(% when i close the key and reinvite the players that will survive and the mk1 starts ranting about not being reinvited.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

I must admit it does get a little frustrating when novice players use sound quake on infested defence stun locking all the enemies for 20 seconds effectivly bringing the mission to a screeching halt, or using radial blind on sargus ruk so he won't attack won't expose week spots bringing the mission to a screeching halt.

However there will never be a kick because that is giving players to much power over other players, and it will most certainly be abused.

I think maps can only hold a certain number of life support if I'm not mistaken. If is the case, a life support should occasionaly be trigger even if the % is not that low.

its different everytime 80% of my missions have been survival and majority of them have always been different such as appollodorus i do that alot to test new weapons and the life support is always different 

they should make the /i command a kick option for those hosting keys. i am tired of mk1's in my damn t4 keys being massacred after 40s on the clock!

and then i'm the #$&(% when i close the key and reinvite the players that will survive and the mk1 starts ranting about not being reing 

i absolutely hate the new people using volt and we still ahve to clan research him its a kick in the teeth, yeah he has low health and that to start with but come on, just taken a really hard work item to get and now its a play thing...

yes clearly we should be able to kick players when they don't play like us. What could go wrong :)

you tried going for 15+ mins when someone keeps activating at 70% hardly anything drops by 20mins and then if you planned to go 30-40 mins its ruined because of that one player.. 

I must admit it does get a little frustrating when novice players use sound quake on infested defence stun locking all the enemies for 20 seconds effectivly bringing the mission to a screeching halt, or using radial blind on sargus ruk so he won't attack won't expose week spots bringing the mission to a screeching halt.

However there will never be a kick because that is giving players to much power over other players, and it will most certainly be abused.

but its a vote to kick so 2 or less votes the player stays in.. so it has to be the 3/4 of the team to kick the player so it wouldnt give power to anyone really, you have the chance to say yes or no so no dictators power will go to anyone 

i absolutely hate the new people using volt and we still ahve to clan research him its a kick in the teeth, yeah he has low health and that to start with but come on, just taken a really hard work item to get and now its a play thing...

Why do you let other people's satisfaction affect yours?

Clearly, you must be a newer player, as I've had him since long before he was made clantech.

Do you think that mattered to me at all? That newer players were going to have a harder time attaining him than I did? No. No it didn't. Why would it matter if the inverse is true now?

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

when i was newbie i didnt mind playing with anyone. I listened to the other people. but now newbies dont listen at all which kind of shows society never listen to people that have the experience and knows what works.  

I can pose the exact opposite. I usually drop into lower level missions with fully forma'd prime gear and assist newer players so that they can come to understand this game better. Yes there are some out there who don't listen, but the majority do. They have many questions and I don't mind answering.

"Kids these days"

Doesn't life support only restore 30% anyway? If so and they activate it at 70 or less then it isn't wasting anything.

iirc, from the Survivals I've done, the longer it goes, the less often Lotus drops a new capsule, so it's useful to stockpile as many as possible and hope (or have a Nekros and hope) many mini capsules drop so you don't need to use the big ones just yet.

iirc, from the Survivals I've done, the longer it goes, the less often Lotus drops a new capsule, so it's useful to stockpile as many as possible and hope (or have a Nekros and hope) many mini capsules drop so you don't need to use the big ones just yet.

That doesn't answer anything.  If life support is always restored 30% from the capsules then activating it at 60% or 30% gives the exact same results. You activate 2 at 60% each time and you have a total of 60% restored.  If you activate two at 30% then you still have a total of 60%restored.

The only way it is wasted is if you activate it before 70% or below. You could arguing that activating it right at 70% might be risky because someone might pick up a personal Life Support drop, wasting it, but that is it.  There being less capsules later is irrelevant.

That doesn't answer anything.  If life support is always restored 30% from the capsules then activating it at 60% or 30% gives the exact same results. You activate 2 at 60% each time and you have a total of 60% restored.  If you activate two at 30% then you still have a total of 60%restored.

The only way it is wasted is if you activate it before 70% or below. You could arguing that activating it right at 70% might be risky because someone might pick up a personal Life Support drop, wasting it, but that is it.  There being less capsules later is irrelevant.

Ok, picture this scenario, which is very likely:

Imagine having a full squad doing a survival, now imagine a lot of those mini capsules drop, remember that time, nor player actions stop while you're activating LS at 70%, and note early on you don't really need to be topped off as enemies are weak enough to where you'll most likely stay at full LS just by mini capsules alone (sometimes I get to 30 minutes in and capsules dropped 20 minutes prior by Lotus are still untouched, you're basically stockpiling capsules early because she won't drop them often later on and relying on your own killing speed to keep up the chances of minicapsules helping you, moreso than the big capsules). The general rule I've noticed is to activate ONE LS when it gets to 30%, only topping it off when the Survival drags on and you're not sure if you can keep up going 60% and you need that extra time or you can't get to the next big capsule in time depending on the map. (which would've required the big capsules your team stockpiled early on, it sounds like it hurts you, but in practice you actually buy yourself more time later)

Edited by TenshuYuusha

If you are getting that many personal life support modules (PLS) then you would never get close to 30% anyway.  Personally, I wait until at least 50%, but as long as they are waiting until 70% or lower they are not wasting them. 

What to take from this is that people have differing philosophies on how it should be played.  People should not be kicked just because they like to play in a different way than you. If you want people to play your way only then you can play a private game and explain your tactics and strategy before hand.  If you want a long run then you will get better results and better teamwork anyway.

If you are getting that many personal life support modules (PLS) then you would never get close to 30% anyway.  Personally, I wait until at least 50%, but as long as they are waiting until 70% or lower they are not wasting them. 

What to take from this is that people have differing philosophies on how it should be played.  People should not be kicked just because they like to play in a different way than you. If you want people to play your way only then you can play a private game and explain your tactics and strategy before hand.  If you want a long run then you will get better results and better teamwork anyway.

True, the point to the general ~30% rule is basically saying you don't need to top the LS gauge up early (meaning use it right when you see it's at 70%, you're thinking of this too plainly when there's several variables), and just coast with half or a little above half until things get serious and congested. It's a waste EARLY to use them at 70% (unless you want the Survival to be shorter then go ahead, use the LS capsules however you like), when it drags on later, sometimes you wanna be topped off because of the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Note I was only answering your question, I personally don't think a kick option should be implemented... it's the whole f'ing reason why there's Public, Private, and Invite Only, imo.

Edited by TenshuYuusha

I can pose the exact opposite. I usually drop into lower level missions with fully forma'd prime gear and assist newer players so that they can come to understand this game better. Yes there are some out there who don't listen, but the majority do. They have many questions and I don't mind answering.

"Kids these days"

you must get the good lot every new player i get they just do their own thing and dont listen therefore they keep bleeding out...