Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Solution For Rushers And Explorers

lokozar

I like this. Also, 2 pointers to aid your opening post:

1) When 1 person completes the objective or is about to arrive to the objective point (rule not implied for exterminate), the host server should lock access of people into the game. This should solve some "I want to get a piece of the action (boss) but never got it" or "I want to get easy cash (since you are near extraction)." (This guy leaves then waits and then goes back after timing it down).

2) When a rusher leaves, his name should be flagged onto the host server and will not be allowed to access the host server again. This prevents seeing the same rusher back in the game. Does make the game harder but people should be able to solo/duo/trio well properly anyway. (Requires iteration since we do not want problems.)

1. Agreed. That is what I meant by "locking down the match" - it only refered to a boss fight back then. However I think it could make sense to extend that to other mission types as well, yes.

2. Agreed as well. But it doesn't necessarily make the game harder, because as long as the goal of the mission isn't met, other players could step in for the leaving rusher. Also there would be the mentioned difficulty down- (or up-) scaling.

Edited by lokozar

The original suggestion is very good. Its fair and EVERYONE gets to play the way they want.

About the scaling issue: if a rusher wants to rush, they will rush. They will just be afk at the exit. It would even make no difference to the difficulty scaling though i would welcome a feature like that (dont think it is easily implemented though).

There is no benefit to the explorer by forcing the rusher to stay in the mission until the explorer is done. It is actually just as unfair to force someone to wait as it is to just quit the mission prematurely while you want to loot.

I do both, exploring AND rushing, depending on my mood, how much time i have or what i want (farming BPs, XP, resources or just enjoying the game)

I dont understand why you want to force your own playstyle on others. BOTH rushers and explorers.

Edited by Keth

The original suggestion is very good. Its fair and EVERYONE gets to play the way they want.

About the scaling issue: if a rusher wants to rush, they will rush. They will just be afk at the exit. It would even make no difference to the difficulty scaling though i would welcome a feature like that (dont think it is easily implemented though).

There is no benefit to the explorer by forcing the rusher to stay in the mission until the explorer is done. It is actually just as unfair to force someone to wait as it is to just quit the mission prematurely while you want to loot.

I do both, exploring AND rushing, depending on my mood, how much time i have or what i want (farming BPs, XP, resources or just enjoying the game)

I dont understand why you want to force your own playstyle on others. BOTH rushers and explorers.

^This.

Btw., I just read, that the private option isn't so private after all. It seems that every player on your friendlist can join a private match, without anything preventing this. The argument to stick to private matches thus just has become a little bit more of a non-solution - for everyone / every playstyle.

I did a few matches last night where a single friend hopped into a match with me and one other person.  I was able to start the countdown alone without requiring a second person in the three person match.  If there were 3 people from the beginning of the match then it took two people at the exit to start a countdown.

I need to do more testing with this but I think that with the patch they have provided only takes into account the original number of people in a match.

Edited by Tsukinoki

how about, in order to extract you need to "use" the extraction pods, and when you are using it, most of the agro will come to you but you cant do anything but to wait until the other players use the extraction pods too, this will make rusher die if they decides to extract by himself and forces him to wait for others

might get annoying for ones that wont get into the pods though, might need another solution

how about, in order to extract you need to "use" the extraction pods, and when you are using it, most of the agro will come to you but you cant do anything but to wait until the other players use the extraction pods too, this will make rusher die if they decides to extract by himself and forces him to wait for others

might get annoying for ones that wont get into the pods though, might need another solution

And what about all of the maps with only a single escape pod?

And what about all of the maps with only a single escape pod?

it already didn't make sense how 4 tennos can use a single escape pod though, i dont even know why they put that in

111st post right here folks

Edited by Babalenong

Interesting concept that could work, however like others have mentioned my concern is more for coming in as a new player, though locking out the mission entirely to additional people could work as well (though this could cause issues with disconnects).

As to segreation of people into 'rushers' and 'explorers'; it seems like there is one developing currently in the bad way (resentment/anger towards the other group). Having a choice could allieviate some of that potential animosity.

Another way to go could be to add a new mode to missions, making them timed.  Thusly you could choose a timed or standard mission (the devs would need to work out a reasonable time frame for most missions obviously, assuming it's even possible given the randomish nature of maps).  A timed mission say giving a 50% boost in end credits, or similar bonus rewards (again the devs are better suited to make the decision on that end).

A timed mission is implicitly suited more to 'rushers' but not exclusivly to them (fast/partial explorers could get some benefit too), they would still need the rest of the team to finish it within the time frame (or loose out completly, which is a definate down side).  By adding the timing as well it adds some inherant additional presure to the mission making it a little more difficuilt (prehaps adding that extra difficulity some people want too).

Edited by Loswaith

No. It's not desirable to punish someone for his favorite playstyle. Griefers are another topic, but let's assume the rusher is just a player that loves to rush - without any ulterior motives. That's completely fine, but there has to be a system in place that prevents anger, if this rusher is teamed up with players that don't want to rush. And the other way around. A team of rushers shouldn't be forced to wait for one or two explorers or even AFKers.

That's the spirit behind this thread.

Interesting concept that could work, however like others have mentioned my concern is more for coming in as a new player, though locking out the mission entirely to additional people could work as well (though this could cause issues with disconnects).

As to segreation of people into 'rushers' and 'explorers'; it seems like there is one developing currently in the bad way (resentment/anger towards the other group). Having a choice could allieviate some of that potential animosity.

Another way to go could be to add a new mode to missions, making them timed.  Thusly you could choose a timed or standard mission (the devs would need to work out a reasonable time frame for most missions obviously, assuming it's even possible given the randomish nature of maps).  A timed mission say giving a 50% boost in end credits, or similar bonus rewards (again the devs are better suited to make the decision on that end).

A timed mission is implicitly suited more to 'rushers' but not exclusivly to them (fast/partial explorers could get some benefit too), they would still need the rest of the team to finish it within the time frame (or loose out completly, which is a definate down side).  By adding the timing as well it adds some inherant additional presure to the mission making it a little more difficuilt (prehaps adding that extra difficulity some people want too).

Yes, that would be something for a lobby system. Nice idea. Also stealth missions and exploration missions that give extra rewards by accomplishing different goals. I would like that. It could complement each other very well - as said before.

• 3 weeks later...