Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Rework

Cowpower99

So ever since his nerf which was a long time ago i got some ideas for his abilities.

1) Freeze is l completely useless, but why not change it an AoE that freezes enemies around frost for 7 seconds with 3/4 the range of banshee's sonic boom at max rank. deals 50 damage too, its also spammable

2) ice wave is fine

3) snowglobe should be limited to 1 globe at a time with a duration that is toggled like banshee's wub wub or hydroid's swimming pool. I know this may be a problem when trying to revive a downed mate when your globe is protecting an artifact, but with my idea of a new freeze it should freeze enemies around u giving u a nice defense to revive em without sacrificing a new globe.

4) avalanche; its fine, but it'd be better with the bug it used to have freezing enemies for 6 seconds.

Lemme know what y'all think of this reworked frost. Seems pretty defensive, and offensively balanced to me :)

And he actually freezes enemies much better

Wait, you come here talking about a "Frost nerf" (which honestly, wasn't that bad), and you come here posting another, vastly more crippling nerf??

I don't know why I wasted my time reading this.

i just want him to be useful in places where his globe is like paper  in higher levels where u need to spam the globe like 4 times, At the same time preventing globe spammers who abuse the globe for their team ( globe trolling ). Whats wrong with that?

Edited by Cowpower99

i just want him to be useful in places where his globe is like paper  in higher levels where u need to spam the globe like 4 times, At the same time preventing globe spammers who abuse the globe for their team ( globe trolling ). Whats wrong with that?

Because channeled abilities prevent the regen of energy from energy siphon. I would much rather have to recast it after regenning some energy than channeling it until my energy is gone, and then it's "welp, GG"

Frost is fine the way he is.

As far as globe trolling, that's why I only play with clan members and friends. I only resort to online mode if there's a dire need for it.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Because channeled abilities prevent the regen of energy from energy siphon. I would much rather have to recast it after regenning some energy than channeling it until my energy is gone, and then it's "welp, GG"

Frost is fine the way he is.

As far as globe trolling, that's why I only play with clan members and friends. I only resort to online mode if there's a dire need for it.

with a maxed efficiency build u can last for a maximum of 3 minutes on banshee's soundquake, and twhy not apply it to frost with a limit of 1 globe

Lol at freeze is completely useless, signifying that it has no use at all which is untrue. I use Freeze all the time. It is definitely not a stupid easy to use skill but its excellent when you need to stop high priority targets.  But yes, Freeze could use some quality of life tweaks that make it more effective against non corpus.

And everyone wants bugged Avalanche back because it was awesome easy to use CC which frost should have since he's not a big offensive frame despite what DE might think or intend.

Lol at freeze is completely useless, signifying that it has no use at all which is untrue. I use Freeze all the time. It is definitely not a stupid easy to use skill but its excellent when you need to stop high priority targets.  But yes, Freeze could use some quality of life tweaks that make it more effective against non corpus.

And everyone wants bugged Avalanche back because it was awesome easy to use CC which frost should have since he's not a big offensive frame despite what DE might think or intend.

well when i use on high lv corrupted gunners ( lv 40+) my team just keep shooting them while i freeze it making it sorta useless, but it does have some utility

with a maxed efficiency build u can last for a maximum of 3 minutes on banshee's soundquake, and twhy not apply it to frost with a limit of 1 globe

By using my globes intelligently instead of just firing and forgetting, I can make them last a LOT longer than that. Besides, all channeled abilities root the frame for its duration. Are you implying that Frost should stay rooted inside of the globe for the entire duration? Because in order to stay consistent with ALL other channeled abilities, that would be necessary.

Also,

At the same time preventing globe spammers who abuse the globe for their team ( globe trolling ). Whats wrong with that?

This comment makes me feel like you just want to take his trollability away, despite the tactical usefulness of multiglobing. Ok. Lets do that with all of the frames.

> Loki's Switch Teleport. No longer targetable on players. This prevents people trolling you across the map and aggrevating you. Never mind that it's perfectly useful for using Invisibility, switch teleporting a downed ally out of the middle of a massive crossfire, and then rezzing you in a safe spot.

> Trinity's Well of Life. Because you can sit there and well of life/energy vampire troll a boss with its 10x HP multiplier for hours, lets take away the multiplier so you cant actually get any real use out of it.

> Valkyr's Ripline, Let's not let it target players anymore because of its ability to pull players to places and interrupt their gameplay, never mind the fact that it can be used to move a vulnerable frame out of trouble.

I'll stop there, because I'm fairly sure you get what I'm getting at.