Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Back To Rant Some More About Kubrow Customization!

stpwncold

So, where did I leave off before...

First, a small group on the forums begins to complain that they've spent all their money on the Genetic Scrambler. "The RNG is too damn high!!" It's quickly gotten rid of before any normal person has had the time to find an egg, create an incubator and wait the two days until they could even see what their new pet looked like.

Update! Primetime, Thursday, In chat I asked Steve when the Kubrow customization solution would be implemented. He responded "Several weeks." Good news right? LOL

Now a ton of us are stuck with Kubrows we don't want unless we buy an imprint for $200.00 worth the plat (and trust them with something that cannot be verified). Don't believe me? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/282982-auction-startingvery-rare-dark-crimson-black-king-of-raksa-kubrows-follow-this-topic-and-don%C2%B4t-lose-his-news-%E2%98%85-%E2%98%85-%E2%98%85-%E2%98%85-%E2%98%85/?hl=%2Bvery+%2Brare+%2Bdark+%2Bcrimson

BRILLIANT!

Now questions...

How much did the Genetic Scrambler cost per roll? There is no information on the Wiki, it needs it's own page even though it has been discontinued.

Second... How "rare" is a "rare"? 1 in 10? 1 in 20? Anyone good at math here? Take a look at the table below and please let us know approximately how many possibilities there are?

uPobX8T.png

Scrambler used to cost 10 plat per roll.

And if I am mathing right, according to that chart, there can be 60 different possibilities of colors/coats. (6 kinds of coats, 10 different colors)

EDIT: Assuming you can have mixes of at least 2 colors and 2 patterns, that ups it to about 3600 possible. Or more/less depending on combo restrictions between rare/common colors and coats.

Edited by Zagrax

I can confirm the scrambler cost 10p each time it was used, I used it once on my first kubrow. And Even if we arent getting kubrow customisation probably for another month I hope we get euthanasia soon, I need to inject about 10 or more rejects.

And if I am mathing right, according to that chart, there can be 60 different possibilities of colors/coats. (6 kinds of coats, 10 different colors)

What makes it even more difficult is that you can have a rare and a common coat at the same time. I have one Kubrow with X-Splotch and Striped Legs.

I think you can have a maximum of 3 colourson each coat, mathing probably inaccurate.

Try alot more because some of these can be combined together. For example I have one with the lotus and stripes running from his chest to his back. Also the colors can be in any spot in the patterns. So I would say that there are at least several hundreds of combinations.

In that case yeah. I only touched Kubrows very briefly when the patch hit, and realized they're not really worth the high cost of upkeep when my sentinel does its job better and doesn't eat anything/die as much/require high investment in rank 10 mods/have 3 hour cooldowns. (I also had one that looked like a bengal tiger that I lost due to a bug, and support said his fur color was an arsenal glitch, even though the only thing I did to him in the arsenal was add my masters badge to him). Sooooo..yeah. Kubrows....don't care about them anymore, but if the coats/colors can be mixed that ups the amount of combos significantly. 

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that the Genetic Scrambler doesn't suck even a fraction of an amount compared to:

Get Egg (10p or grind for an hour on Earth or more)

Get Incubator Power Core (100,000 credits plus Argon, then wait 8hrs for crafting or another 10p to rush it.)

Now time to Incubate (48hrs or 15p to rush it.)

Now lil pup! Should I wait for another 48hrs to see if it's a runt?

48hrs pass, another ugly Kubrow.

Buy Stasis Slot for 10p.

Repeat.

THE SCRAMBLER WAS MUCH BETTER!!!

Spend 10p, oh not the color I want? Well at least I don't have to waste another 100,000k, Argon, 45p and 2 days of my life).

::keeps rolling the dice until something cool comes up, who cares, it's my plat!:: 

Edited by stpwncold

I think you can have a maximum of 3 colourson each coat, mathing probably inaccurate.

3? Well then...

720 combinations of colors(assuming you can get the same colors on all three coats-- 120 if you can't), I think you can get separate patterns for head body, but I can't seem to find anything on how they work, or how many patterns there are for each, stripe on head+splotches on body- clearly you can't have lotus body(or can you?) so.... that'll have to wait

All assuming you can get max 3 colors, and my math is right