Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid And Vay Hek Key

DirtyIrishman

So I've been away from the game since Zephyr came out, and now that I'm back I'm attempting to catch up on some of the things I missed in U13. So me and some friends all started trying to farm the Beacons to make the Vay Hek key, and after a lot of farming, and a lot of trading, we finally got -one- key because the Beacons were so rare (except for Delta) that we decided to just pool all our beacons together to have one person make the key.

After all this work, we use the key, go into the mission and fight Vay Hek. Cool beans, only when we're done the key is gone. Not realizing the key was a one time use item, this is perhaps the worst thing I've encountered in Warframe to date. The beacons are impossibly hard to farm, and once you do get them all you're not guaranteed that you'll even get the BP you need. I can't be the only one that feels this way, is there any chance on getting a nerf to the difficulty of this now that it's not the most current content?

Keys have a;ways been a one time use and with the buff to the drop rates of beacons, the most painful thing when fighting hek now is the one hour wait

Edited by Teh_Grunt

the most painful thing when fighting hek now is the one hour wait

You say that, but Kappa beacons are almost non-existent. We had to trade platinum and cores to get them because all we were getting were delta beacons. Also they aren't called keys, so it was a bit of a misunderstanding I suppose. It's called Vay Hek Frequency Triangulator.

Edited by Severanth

You say that, but Kappa beacons are almost non-existent. We had to trade platinum and cores to get them because all we were getting were delta beacons. Also they aren't called keys, so it was a bit of a misunderstanding I suppose. It's called Vay Hek Frequency Triangulator.

That's just your experience. I had no problem getting the keys, and in the end I gave them away because I was taken into missions just from people I was in teh Alliance at the time, so I gave keys back to others so they could also do it.

It only feels like grind when you are doing the missions purely to get those Becons. I just run missions everywhere for the hell of it and started running them on Ceres to start collecting those as well for a future thing. The collecting was not the primary purpose, and they just pile up.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Beacons : "Beacons can be traded between players."

You just have to use the tools the game gives you. After all, once you have Hydroid, you don't do them anymore. I still run Ceres to help others with becons every so often, lt's fun to set gear to hunt all the mini bosses solo.

i got Hydroid yesterday after ONE MONTH of farming.

The ebst you can do is try to get together one key for yourself.

Ask around in your clan or trade chat for leftover kappas or whatever you are missing and then try to build a group with key sharing.

Meaning with with everyone having 1 key built your group can run the mission 4 times.

Otherwise it's pretty much impossible to get the necessary Keys in any reasonable amount of time

That's just your experience. I had no problem getting the keys, and in the end I gave them away because I was taken into missions just from people I was in teh Alliance at the time, so I gave keys back to others so they could also do it.

It only feels like grind when you are doing the missions purely to get those Becons. I just run missions everywhere for the hell of it and started running them on Ceres to start collecting those as well for a future thing. The collecting was not the primary purpose, and they just pile up.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Beacons : "Beacons can be traded between players."

You just have to use the tools the game gives you. After all, once you have Hydroid, you don't do them anymore. I still run Ceres to help others with becons every so often, lt's fun to set gear to hunt all the mini bosses solo.

Try it today, smug early-adopter. Today, it's impossible. Also, kappa beacons cost major plat. I have seen them as CHEAP as 20 plat, but rarely. Try it today.