The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would It Be Better If Kubrow "link" Mods...weren't Links?

[DE]Momaw

We have mods that we can install (very gently) in our kubrows that link their stats to ours.  The thing is, when you think about it, the frames that most need a strong companion are the ones that contribute the least to the link. Frames that are light on defenses like...I dunno, Vauban or Ember, will have significantly weaker kubrows to protect them than frames with strong defenses like Frost or Zephyr, despite the fact that the frames with strong defenses are more able to fend for themself.

As a secondary issue, the "character" of each kubrow breed is reduced because the player has way more influence on its stats than the animal itself does. Shouldn't a Raksa have the strongest shields by a lot, because it specifically says it has a shield generator system and an ability specifically meant to regenerate shields?  Shouldn't the Sunika have the best armor by a wide margin plus lot of HP, because it is designed to be a war dog?

So:  Would it be better if kubrow health, armor, and shield mods served as multipliers of what the KUBROW has rather than sharing what the PLAYER has?

We have mods that we can install (very gently) in our kubrows

I've always imagined that when installing a mod to our Kubrows, the Tenno insert some weird card to the Kubrows' butt hole. Why cannot we just train them? ;_;

Edited by PeanutMonster

Ehm, re Peanut's comment, it seems a lot of players strangely think this. My thought is, that's what the collar is for; you put upgrades there and it has the shield generator, etc...

Anyway, yes OP, I agree with the thought that it should be the other way around. This would add to the benefit of running with a kubrow instead of a sentinel.