The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gtx 780 Ti & Amd Fx-8120 Eight-Core Processor | Less Then 30 Fps

94Mooni

I am getting less then 30 fps in almost every mission (if not every), am i wrong in thinking that i should get more fps with my gpu/cpu/ram?

CPU clocked to 15.5 (3286 MHz)

91b2eb3f4be9963d69cf13c6b4b33f6e.png

And before anyone tells me to go fullscreen i can say that i tried that without any results.

Warframe Settings:

235acad1212ede56b05532a24f2ccdd3.png

8074543721de87b1585fb2d0dad3044d.png

Do you have this issue in other games?

Also...  You're running in "Borderless Fullscreen"  If your 780ti downclocks itself while in "desktop mode" guess what?  your GPU performance is lower too.

I have a pair of 780GTX in SLI config.  When they're in powersaving I can still run warframe at a decent framerate, but yeah you should try the game in regular "full screen" and see if you have the same problems.  I DO run warframe in borderless fullscreen with v-sync on and have a steady 60fps at all times.

Good luck.  Hope my babbling helps.

=)

Edited by sushidubya

if you're having this problem with other games as well you should check the heat of the CPU and GPU just do some stress tests , any results above 78C or something is not good for a CPU and that the cause , I'm telling u this cuz I had the same problem with FPS drops and it turned out that my CPU was overheating due to not enough airflow . Hope it works and good luck.

Thx for all the replys, im not sure about the amd settings or driver but i can run counter strike global offensive without any fps problems at all almost never gose below 60.

okey back to amd settings. I think the only thing i got is AI Suite 2 and the only thing i have done there was clocking the cpu.

and about the heat im not sure what to trust but AI Suite says 55C and a widget i got says its 44, both while playing. (fullscreen this time.)

oh S#&amp;&#036;, fullscreen somehow helped this time never went below 70fps in a T2 Ext <.< maybe it had something to do with the fact that i was testing in a solo mission this time.

will be back with info about multiplayer game later.

also this seems to be it becouse when i went to fullscreen i got promted to turn that off.

Turn off windows aero. It has issues where it locks fps usage at 30fps when in windowed or borderless fullscreen mode.

Thx for all the replys, im not sure about the amd settings or driver but i can run counter strike global offensive without any fps problems at all almost never gose below 60.

okey back to amd settings. I think the only thing i got is AI Suite 2 and the only thing i have done there was clocking the cpu.

and about the heat im not sure what to trust but AI Suite says 55C and a widget i got says its 44, both while playing. (fullscreen this time.)

oh S#&$, fullscreen somehow helped this time never went below 70fps in a T2 Ext <.< maybe it had something to do with the fact that i was testing in a solo mission this time.

will be back with info about multiplayer game later.

also this seems to be it becouse when i went to fullscreen i got promted to turn that off.

Glad you figured that out.

If you still want to use windowed mode or borderless fullscreen (useful for multi monitor setups + multitasking), you can make it so that windows will automatically turn off aero when an application is launched (and reenable it when it is closed) by going to the warframe.exe, right clicking into "properties"-> "compatibility"-> checking "disable desktop composition".

Glad you figured that out.

If you still want to use windowed mode or borderless fullscreen (useful for multi monitor setups + multitasking), you can make it so that windows will automatically turn off aero when an application is launched (and reenable it when it is closed) by going to the warframe.exe, right clicking into "properties"-> "compatibility"-> checking "disable desktop composition".

Alright i will probably try that out then since i got 2 monitors.

Im back after a 40min~ T4 surv that we lost becouse we for some reason could not use the pod, the "press X" thing simpely did not appear but thats a problem for another thread/time.

However my fps was mostly around 45-60 spiking down to 35 some times but even then i did not fell any lag like before.

So i would totally consider this problem solved and if i run in to problems with the borderless without aero ill just go back to fullscreen.

Thanks to everyone that helped! :D