The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal Too Op?

MoistWomble

Bosses scale with players now. If you and your team bring in better gear/mods, then the bosses will be higher leveled. That causes an issue when a bunch of players bring in weaker equipment but the cumulative Conclave (which I am assuming it scales off of) is enough to boost its level past what the players can handle. Jackal has been fine for me lately (nothing over-the-top, and I'm loving the scaling), but it's also a boss I've killed probably a thousand times.

Pretty much, bosses can be harder in groups. Prepare for the fight, learn how to target/counter the boss, and work together.

Also, if Jackal just stands there and launches wave after wave of missiles, then there might be a problem. I have only seen him launch a few barrages since U14, so it might just be a bug.

I do know how to kill him, the squads were good, no newbies. Once we almost killed him but then he started to spam the rockets, couldn't hide after those pillars because the rockets were coming for us avoiding the pillars.

Also, if Jackal just stands there and launches wave after wave of missiles, then there might be a problem. I have only seen him launch a few barrages since U14, so it might just be a bug.

Yes that's what it happens...

Edited by Just4Games

Bosses scale with players now. If you and your team bring in better gear/mods, then the bosses will be higher leveled. That causes an issue when a bunch of players bring in weaker equipment but the cumulative Conclave (which I am assuming it scales off of) is enough to boost its level past what the players can handle. Jackal has been fine for me lately (nothing over-the-top, and I'm loving the scaling), but it's also a boss I've killed probably a thousand times.

Pretty much, bosses can be harder in groups. Prepare for the fight, learn how to target/counter the boss, and work together.

Bosses scale with the host's conclave rating and amount of the players in the squad, as far as I know. This is very bad for new players, because they might face a level 40+ boss if the host is a experienced player with maxed gear.

Yes that's what it happens...

Weird. I vaguely recall reading someone else saying that happens, so it must just be a bug. Maybe something in his animation for it gets broken (like going down during it), and that just causes it to repeat. That'd be my guess, but I haven't a clue. In any case, let's hope for a fix soon,

Bosses scale with the host's conclave rating and amount of the players in the squad, as far as I know. This is very bad for new players, because they might face a level 40+ boss if the host is a experienced player with maxed gear.

It wouldn't be just the host's rating. I played a game with some friends who just started out (I wasn't host), and my modding on Lato+Oberon made Vor level 30. Conclave rating for the whole group would explain that. Man, as horrible as I felt for making that fight happen and confusing/scaring them all, it was pretty hilarious.

It wouldn't be just the host's rating. I played a game with some friends who just started out (I wasn't host), and my modding on Lato+Oberon made Vor level 30. Conclave rating for the whole group would explain that. Man, as horrible as I felt for making that fight happen and confusing/scaring them all, it was pretty hilarious.

I think Vor caps at 30. It could be the highest conclave rating in the squad or something, but it should be the average conclave rating in the squad.

Edited by PeanutMonster