The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

"change The Colour Scheme To Improve Performance"

Evil.Tactician

Every single time I load Warframe, before even going into a mission, I get the following message:

"do you want to change the colour scheme to improve performance"

This usually alt tabs me out of the game and it's reasonably frustrating to say the least. Whenever this occurs, my CPU is on around 5% load, and I'm using 28% of my RAM, having just under 12 GB of ram FREE.

Specs:

Windows 7

Core i7-4770k  @ 3.5 Ghz

16 GB Ram

2x Nvidia GTX 770 SLI

Needless to say, I should not be getting this message unless there is a performance issue with the game itself.

Disabling AERO is not a solution, the game should work fine with it on.

http://superuser.com/questions/314570/disable-do-you-want-to-change-the-color-scheme-to-improve-performance-warning

Warning! This will disable every other Windows Troubleshooting notification, so unless you could tweak your system without its notification, I wouldn't really recommended it.

But it's not that important, I guess, so just disable it if it keeps nagging you up.

Windows always prompts that whenever any program uses a hefty portion of virtual memory (not even actual memory, when it uses the paging file/virtuam ram that's stored on your HDD).

Microsoft Excel triggers this for me frequently, but that's because I'm working on spreadsheets with hundreds of thousands of lines which results in gigantic files and huge caching chunks.

Also, have you unparked your cores? Could be related (although it's unlikely). Core Unparking Guide and a Direct Download Link to the utility.