Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silencer

-CM-Zura

all im saying is, have the silencer have a radius that allows for them to be detected so you cant shoot if your too close etc... its a simple implementation

Interesting.

Anyway considering the "it's still good to hear even with the silencer" - see this

and consider the areas, where we are moving around, working facilities, some mines, asteroid, there is a lot of ambient sound, no silence.

Silencers arnt acctualy silent they make alot of noise still. It's a common missconception that they do, They are not like in COD where your undetectable look up some videos even on a small pistol it make a noise loud enough to be noticed.

This. Also the term is Suppressor rather than silencer because of aforementioned reason.

WOW! Where did you get that? Self drawn?

Like dragonboss already said, DX:HR concepts. The weapon design in that game was fantastic.

Look at that beauty of a sniper rifle:

8vEVgcH.jpg

Then look at our Snipetron and weep.

On the plus side, the Viper looks amazing.

Edited by Psyked

I think the big point to me, is that the old option so far, as far as weaponry goes with a stealth strat, allows the use of melee weapons and the paris. with the use of a surpressor mod, skin, or whatever direction, it will allow people to use more weapons for stealthy play. maybe with the soon to be thrown weapons they can be used for this, personally im ok with that. I assume someone wont be able to carry as many throwing knifes as they could bullets for a side arm.

hmmm a mod to where the more more it's upgraded, the more effective it is for stealth/noise reduction?

Personally I would hate a silencer, that works only sometimes - the "silence" should be there from the beginning, but there should be another kind of penalty to balance it out, for example the damage penalty I already suggested here. And when the silencer mod is completely upgraded, it can even provide a little damage boost.

There is also the obvious penalty when used with anything else than Snipetron and Lex - the damaged output per one bullet is not big enough to instakill an enemy and thus enemy has to be hit several times. This can cause hitting the wall instead of enemy and that would emit a hit sound, which can be noticed by other.

Also, if we didn't kill the enemy fast enough, he could shout out something about being under attack. There are lot of possibilities how to handle this.

Right now, this can sound op, but that's a problem of how the stealth works currently. I managed to, on many occasion, kill enemy almost in front of other enemy with Paris, and the other completely ignored, as well as they ignore the dead bodies on ground :/

Also the silencer in real life aint so silent i know this cause i've shot a rifle with one on(.22) sorta silent but more of a flash hinder

Already mentioned here, so one more time, guys - we know, that real silencers emits some kind of sound, but you are clearly forgetting, that this is sci-fi setting we are talking here, so there is no reason the technology shouldn't be advanced enough. Considered penalties would be added because of balance issues, not because "it doesn't work that way in current age".

Not only would this be a cool Idea but a reward for going a mission without setting off an alarm would be nice. I've done full missions stealth with my bow for fun but with no reward at the end what's the point other than to say you did it? A reward would be a nice update before getting a silencer. 

Not only would this be a cool Idea but a reward for going a mission without setting off an alarm would be nice. I've done full missions stealth with my bow for fun but with no reward at the end what's the point other than to say you did it? A reward would be a nice update before getting a silencer. 

Yeah, did the same - it's fun for a while, but in the end you find out that doing it the normal way is not only faster but you also get more credits/resources/affinity.

It's a classic risk/reward scenario but missing the reward part :(

But that is rather the issue with stealth than a possible silencer mod :)

About 1  month ago,

Steve told me that they will eventually come up with SILENCER MOD

No promises yet, but this will likely be a weapon stat (aka loudness) that some weapons have small values for and other can be modded to reduce...

Edited by Zyfe3rX

Personally I would hate a silencer, that works only sometimes - the "silence" should be there from the beginning, but there should be another kind of penalty to balance it out, for example the damage penalty I already suggested here. And when the silencer mod is completely upgraded, it can even provide a little damage boost.

There is also the obvious penalty when used with anything else than Snipetron and Lex - the damaged output per one bullet is not big enough to instakill an enemy and thus enemy has to be hit several times. This can cause hitting the wall instead of enemy and that would emit a hit sound, which can be noticed by other.

Also, if we didn't kill the enemy fast enough, he could shout out something about being under attack. There are lot of possibilities how to handle this.

Right now, this can sound op, but that's a problem of how the stealth works currently. I managed to, on many occasion, kill enemy almost in front of other enemy with Paris, and the other completely ignored, as well as they ignore the dead bodies on ground :/

Already mentioned here, so one more time, guys - we know, that real silencers emits some kind of sound, but you are clearly forgetting, that this is sci-fi setting we are talking here, so there is no reason the technology shouldn't be advanced enough. Considered penalties would be added because of balance issues, not because "it doesn't work that way in current age".

yeah, i like your idea better lol

No silencers please, it ruins the aesthetic, and they've already announced plans for things like throwing knives, which hopefully will be a stealthy secondary you can use.

Fellow tenno, I have a bad news for you - there is a hidden poll running right now, and the silencer mod is currently at second place ;)

Bdahahahaha... YES of course... When they have the tech for intergalactic travel bows are the S#&$. Throw that crap out of the game plz.

Actually considering how strong the Tenno appear to be a bow would be a highly effective weapon. They have the strength to drive a blade through the torso of a massive cyborg with what looks like half a foot of armor plate. The draw weight on the Paris must be rediculous, something like 45000 pounds may not be unreasonable. And that's before you factor in the electromagnetic acceleration.

No silencers please, it ruins the aesthetic, and they've already announced plans for things like throwing knives, which hopefully will be a stealthy secondary you can use.

lol and if you dont hef enymore trowing knifes what will you do ?? use a Braton added a silencer or a braton whitout silencer ? dont say Paris thare are enough excuses 

Fellow tenno, I have a bad news for you - there is a hidden poll running right now, and the silencer mod is currently at second place ;)

Well and I have bad news for you. It didnt won.....

Besides that. Why should they create silent weapons in the first place if every other weapon would be able to become a silent weapon as well. Doesnt make sense to me....

Edited by Venarge

Well and I have bad news for you. It didnt won.....

Besides that. Why should they create silent weapons in the first place if every other weapon would be able to become a silent weapon as well. Doesnt make sense to me....

Q:Do you really like to run whit a BOW(for now)and charg and shoot ?

While you hef a Braton-added whit a silencer? that shoots rapidly whit low damage?

We have a "few" options for 'stealth' gameplay.... which is absolutely useless in online mode but in solo.... it opens up awesome new gameplay. I like online but what made me stick to this game are "SOLO MISSIONS" (please devs don't forget about this). Most maps are impossible to solo at low levels without stealth so the more stealth options the better.

Silencer +1

We have a "few" options for 'stealth' gameplay.... which is absolutely useless in online mode but in solo.... it opens up awesome new gameplay. I like online but what made me stick to this game are "SOLO MISSIONS" (please devs don't forget about this). Most maps are impossible to solo at low levels without stealth so the more stealth options the better.

Silencer +1

hey how about like adding a buttom like

Private

SOLO

and Below Stealth(for ppl who want to go stealth whit ppl?)?

hey how about like adding a buttom like

Private

SOLO

and Below Stealth(for ppl who want to go stealth whit ppl?)?

Don't know what this post is insinuating but it really is near impossible to go stealth in online mode. Almost without fail somebody of the four will go charging ahead screaming and shooting. Stealth with people would be awesome but is near impossible.

Don't know what this post is insinuating but it really is near impossible to go stealth in online mode. Almost without fail somebody of the four will go charging ahead screaming and shooting. Stealth with people would be awesome but is near impossible.

i tought about that... Stealth mode...whare ppl cant join in the Match but when all player gathered whit an option like going whit 2-3-4 player

when the party is full no 1 can join in the progress even friends..