Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Weapon Changes.

lightdragon64

So i have not gotten a big chance to test every single one of the weapons that has changes made to it. but i am willing to provide feedback on the weapons i do have/had.

Overall i feel that this weapon balance is a good thing due to the fact that it makes the game seem more realistic. 

let's start with the Vectis: Overall i like how the damage and crit ratio on this weapon have been buffed up. it feels a bit more like the way it was when it first came out where one shot to the head would almost always guarantee an instant kill much like a sniper should.

All explosive weapons: I decided to filter all explosive weapons such as penta and orgis into one category considering the nerf to them is all the same. all in all i think that the idea of reducing all the weapons ammo down from a high number of 500+ to a small 20 is fine and makes sense. when you think about it every grenade in the penta is about 1ft. to 1/2ft. in length and i would imagine about a pound in weight. no carrying about 500 of those grenades sounds like an impossibility. however a small amount like 20 is much more reasonable and makes a lot of sense meaning also that i would have to be a lot more Conservative with my ammunition and use it in appropriate situations instead of spamming like crazy. (overall ammunition changes are fine with me) 

Attica: i'm considering remaking this weapon due to the changes it had made to it, orignally the slow fire rate and lower damage kind of pushed me away  but now with the update i may consider getting it again to try it out. 

(sniper ammo pool for launchers) once again i think that this is fine, it means that launchers and explosive weapons should all be treated as a weapon only meant to be used accordingly and not extremely crazy like before 

so overall thoughts? i like the update i don't think much needs to be tweaked about it i feel this update will make players realize there is a much more tactical way to play the game instead of just going in guns blazing. also with the update weapons i have had in the past and gotten rid of i am considering getting once again due to the changes that have been made to them. 

So all in all i feel this is a good update!

Edited by lightdragon64

Launcher max ammo: 14.2.0.
If the launchers (Ogris, Torid, Angstrum, Penta...Castanas) use sniper ammo pool, then it is okay for me....but 20-30 is too low for ammo max - use base sniper ammo max (80) then -  Yea i am a crybaby - hate to run on endless defense above 40 w. I like gunblazing.)

btw - after this ner.. update of heavy weapons - every weapon could have an individual max ammo, not?  NOT. Lets have categories, right, but this mixing up of rifle/secondary mods with sniper ammo using and limited max ammo is not a good thing (bows? meh :) )

The complainers are complaining because they are not having fun.  Most of them generally agree that some kind of ammo nerf needed to happen.  However, if the changes made prevent someone, (who enjoyed the game and the particular weapons that were altered) from having fun or otherwise diminish their enjoyment then they have every right to complain and voice their opinion.  What should not happen is for their criticism to be disregarded because "complainers complain."  I would imagine that would be adding insult to injury.  

I will also say that none these particular weapons are among the ones I used.  However, if they were, I could easily understand how the magnitude of the change would cause distress.  Furthermore totally disregarding these opinions implicitly tells the person who was enjoying the weapons, as they were, that their enjoyment was ill-gotten.  They were not supposed to be having fun using those weapons the way they were, and perhaps their preference even means that they are bad players for enjoying something that was too convenient and useful.  

As someone who has played with people who use these weapons, I can say that in no way was my own enjoyment of the game diminished by having other people around me using them.  I will also end by  amending the statement, to which i objected, too read; complainers complain because they care.

i never said anything about realism in the game (were playing space ninjas who have elemental powers) i was just talking about a nerf for having such a high amount of ammo for launchers was needed...

Umm...

Overall i feel that this weapon balance is a good thing due to the fact that it makes the game seem more realistic. 

So you said this one post before.

Umm...

So you said this one post before.

okay... so i guess i have to be a bit more specific about what i meant... the guy i was replying to insultingly said i should keep my realistic opinions to myself and i guess i SHOULD had said that i never really meant that we needed to make that game unbelievably realistic... but overall a nerf was necessary