The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Shaking

stacey69

I need it to be an option to remove it because my eyes cant focus quickly enough before the next shake and it makes me feel dizzy and i cant move my char, its like being blinded. i do play on a large screen but i felt the same on my moniter. either remove it cos its stupid anyone can shake the world that much with a damn button mashing mace or axe anyway.

If you cant remove it just tone it down a bit and make it a distance thing. why should someone shake my screen from another part of a map? its just plain silly and ill keep complaining untill you at least numb it down a bit or an option to remove it.

Thanks ! :)

yeh ive faced this with another game i played, worst thing was it happened more and more as your character grew with crits. an option to keep our screens stable isnt a bad idea at all, hope your idea comes to fruition.

While Screen shaking may seem cool to some, it's mainly just annoying for everyone else. It screws up aiming as well. If the person using the weapon wants the world to shake for themselves by all means, but to mess up everyone else's game play for an annoying effect is pretty lame. I suggest making the screen shake ONLY for the person using the weapon as this makes much more sense then some Comic Book earthquake effect on everone else, as the shock from the connection would certainly cause one's helm display to quake for the person using the weapon. Nothing worse then someone or someones spamming the shake again and again as your trying to do a defense.

I came back to this expecting to have been flamed horrificly. Im shocked by the response. Thank you to those peeps who replied. Lets hope the devs see this and other posts about it and at least give us a client side option to minimize the shake or turn off completly. Ill harras DEScinbed in council chat. Do the same guys and he might tell someone hes sitting near what we want:)

/hugs ¬_¬

*lines up shot* SHAKE! *shoots the ceiling*

Yeah, that gets old, real quick.

Someone mentioned the lens flares. They don't really bother me, but I'd love to see a sabotage mission to destroy the on board lens flare generator. Just because it would be funny.

I'd rather we did not have screen shake when activating very basic skills such as Shock and Fireball.

I can understand certain kinds of screen shake being intended to be detrimental to aiming. I can see them having screen shake being an option intended for harder difficulties, since it's a difficulty altering factor. 'Normal' has no screen shake whatsoever while harder difficulties incorporate more shaking which encourages more careful gameplay. If someone can just turn screen shake off, then they basically strip away a factor of difficulty from the game. So why not make it built into the game's difficulty?

But I hate how spastic the screen shakes when using several ranged skills. Our warframes are designed to handle those elements, they shouldn't get knocked around by the most basic abilities which are fundamental to those frames.

Glad to see this kind of response to this topic, I have the same issue with the way the screen shakes when shooting down the sights of my Latron Riffle.

I think having some visual kick on a rifle is good, it creates some realism and helps create balance for players using smaller less "kicky" guns. My feedback on the current kick is that its too noticeable and can break immersion when consecutively firing down the sights. It kind of distracts me from the game enough for me to comment to others I'm playing with.

I do tend to notice it more after long stints of playing the game, hopefully its not just me getting old and grumpy.

Im 40 now and wear glasses. My eyes just cant re focus after each screen shake. If i was the one using the weapon making it shake maybe my eyes would be ready for it but as its not me doing it (i refuse to use shake weapons) its unexpected. I agree with the realism thing. I dont mind some shaking of like a Rhino smashing around or a big explosion but its just too much at the moment and the timing of it is making me leave groups when people have these weapons cos i just cant aim or focus my eyes and its not pleasent.

Cant see how an option to dull it down a bit or remove it from weapons client side would be game breaking. Im a lot older than most gamers and my eyes aint what they used to be hehe. Help plox ! :)

I play a sniper. When you're zoomed in, the screen shake is insane. It's rather annoying that a monster stomping far down a hallway will still shake my screen. If the party is fighting a bunch of Moa stompers, if I'm close enough to see the battle then my screen will be shaking so much I can hardly aim.

They should tone down shaking and make it so your corsair doesn't deviate as much. Maybe make it so only the appearance changes?

First of all you have a pet Pirate that runs around and aims for you? I want one.

Secondly I am quite amused by all the talk of Melee Weapon shake in here, and yet not one mention of Banshee. I am Earthquake Central in every new room we encounter.

Fluffanutter

Edited by Fluffanutter

*lines up shot* SHAKE! *shoots the ceiling*

Yeah, that gets old, real quick.

Someone mentioned the lens flares. They don't really bother me, but I'd love to see a sabotage mission to destroy the on board lens flare generator. Just because it would be funny.

It could probably be only my luck, but most of the times I see flares, they line up with my crosshair. And seing how I use lex for sniping, it's not pretty.