Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Slight Solo Mode Changes

DecoyCode

So the gist is that when specifically in solo mode, the first five defense mission waves have one less spawn point or so, and bosses with shields have one extra second of delay before shields recharge.

Now before you go beating me down saying, "Game should be played with other people as per design", These changes are only meant to affect your ability to move forward, not farm efficiency.

Certain planets have required defense missions to get to the boss, earth for example. Reducing the number of areas enemies spawn from for the first five waves would help with the area coverage one person simply doesn't have. You can be able to drop an enemy in two hits, but you still have to move around a lot just to kill everything shooting at the defense objective. This doesn't buff solo farming all that much, because the next waves would still be just as challenging before this change.

The second one is fairly simple. Its more just to give you a better window of damage dealing. In a party of two or more, boss shields rarely get to recharge with a bit of coordination. Someone will always be hitting it, but when soloing you still have to reload or swap weapons. Additionally, you currently have to bring quite a bit of ammo just to constantly knock the shields back down. One second isn't enough to make grouping less efficient, but its enough for more frames to have a fighting chance when soloing.

Once again, not sure if these have been suggested before, my bad if they have.

Fully agreed with the shield recharge delay. I had to buy a rifle ammo box to kill the Grineer boss in Saturn. Pistol (LATO) ran out of ammo by the time the shields were down, and obviously the guy recharged by the time I reloaded. With the Braton about half of each clip was spent on shields each time, and the other half on taking out health. It's excarberated by his shield and magnetic abilities where you can't shoot him, and probably already wasted ammo from your clip.

And as for the solo mode - well, I prefer solo mode. I've only played solo mode, in fact. My brother plays in a group almost exclusively, and I've watched him do it... it's not for me at least as the main gameplay mode, my playstyle just doesn't mesh with the way others play. Which would be fine, if the game didn't severely punish solo players. The difference in the time it takes to rank weapons and warframes and gain experience in general in a group vs solo is staggering. I have 12 hours 52 minutes of gameplay. 22 completed and 7 failed missions. I have ~2200 kills. My mastery is 7600. The total experience on my warframe is 295 000. By comparison my brother has 8 hours 40 minutes of gameplay, 40 missions completed and 1 failed, ~1200 kills, 28 000 mastery and 1 292 000 warframe experience. Enormous difference! He has several level 30 weapons, while my highest is 12. And so forth. So the progression really isn't on any sort parity between groups and solo players, that's for sure. I suppose it's intended, but it's a damn shame regardless.

Since they have ways of telling how many members are in a party, I think that they should nerf boss shield regen quite a bit in solo play. Some bosses, such as hyena, are damn near impossible to solo simply because of how fast their shields recharge.

Also some bosses have shields that recharge after they do a certain move...and in solo mode that should either be tweaked or made to happen less often.