Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why?

So i have been playing for 7 months and i keep seeing mods for like other warframes i don't have 

like i don't have Excalibur any more i have ash, but i still keep getting Excalibur mods on certain planets

i was wondering if there is a reason to do this, is it for transmuting or what?

In every gamble, you also have the chance to win nothing/crap. See mod drops as a gamble. If you get a weapon/warframe mod, you win. If its a skill mod, you loose. Of course you can use those skill mods to transmute or fuse other skill mods up. But their main function i think is to scatter the loot tables even more.

Edited by Netheroc

When there are certain warframes with you on a planet, mods for those warframes drop more often.

Although, of course, basic warframe mods, like excalibur mods always drop.

What about tailwind? After the first mission since it's introduction to drop tables, I had 40+.

When there are certain warframes with you on a planet, mods for those warframes drop more often.

Although, of course, basic warframe mods, like excalibur mods always drop.

This is not true. Skill mods all drop from certain enemies/containers.

This is not true. Skill mods all drop from certain enemies/containers.

Yes, I realize that all skill mods can drop from enemies and containers, I have noticed that certain mods drop more often when there are warframes for that skill on the mission with you.

I used to never see ash skills, but then I was on a mission with one, and it just so happens that it dropped one.

Drop tables are fixed though, each mob has a set chance to drop a mod from its list. From my experience you will see alot more of some mods if you are killing alot of the enemy type that drops it. 

Tailwind, for example, is a common drop from grinner lancers ( a common enemy) so if you are fighting alot of grinner you are likely to get alot of these. Almost 100% sure that tables are not changed in some way by what/who is in the mission. For sure it wasn't that way back before the encrypted data files and have seen nothing to tell me things have changed since then.

So i have been playing for 7 months and i keep seeing mods for like other warframes i don't have 

like i don't have Excalibur any more i have ash, but i still keep getting Excalibur mods on certain planets

i was wondering if there is a reason to do this, is it for transmuting or what?

Because some of the guys on the team who supposed to fix up drops and RNG just don't give a sh!t about you and he believes he've created the best of the best ever. /yes, thinking about DESheldon/

He keeps dodging and dodging the bullet on livestream regarding drop tables for months. Not for long I suppose, I mean he is not a superman so he can't dodge 100% all the time is he? :P

They mentioned in a livestream once that skill mods drop from enemies so if you decide to max, say, bladestorm, and you later decide that you only want a rank 1 bladestorm, you can get a new bladestorm and level it appropriately.

I'd really be interested in seeing how many players do this... I would guess a vanishingly small percentage of them do.

Because some of the guys on the team who supposed to fix up drops and RNG just don't give a sh!t about you and he believes he've created the best of the best ever. /yes, thinking about DESheldon/

He keeps dodging and dodging the bullet on livestream regarding drop tables for months. Not for long I suppose, I mean he is not a superman so he can't dodge 100% all the time is he? :P

These sorts of responses (i.e. "DE hates you/wants to punish you/are lazy/etc.) are a really incendiary and pointless way to crank the drama to 11 IMO.

And since I'm thread coppin' already, super vague thread titles like "Why?" are really annoying. :P

Edited by ArbitUHM