Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Original Warframe: Raudiga

Tekka_Croe

I'm posting this under Fan Art instead of Fan Concepts, as I haven't yet fully thought out Raudiga from a gameplay perspective.

Raudiga is a light-weight skirmisher 'Frame, developed by the Tenno using experimental shield technology... "borrowed" from the Corpus (hence the padded casings on the arms/legs bearing some resemblance to the leg casings on the Corpus Moas/Jackal).

The color scheme presented here is simply based on my standard color scheme in Warframe.

-Abilities-

1- Eye of the Storm  Raudiga extends and strengthens her shields on her leg and delivers a vicious spinning kick, damaging enemies surrounding her with a chance to ragdoll.

2- Asymmetric Movement  Raudiga micro-corrugates her shielding on her hands and feet, allowing her to move freely on walls and ceilings, at the cost of a constant energy drain.

3- ???

4- ???

I'm thinking she'd have 75 Health and 100 Shields, her relative squishiness being mitigated by high movement speed.

rfkv9zr.jpg

(Fun trivia- the Raudiga 'Frame is an adaptation of my character Reina Cloude [ http://fav.me/d7hyzgr ] into the world of Warframe.)

I may update this post if and when I do any additional artwork relating to the Raudiga.

Your thoughts?

Okay first of all: I really, really like the looks of her. She loses the 'fragility' trend look amongst the female frames. Additionally, from the hips up, she has a slight androgynous appearance. She feels quite original in build. Well done.

Her abilities need some work however. The first could sort of work, although I'm slightly concerned about range. Some more experienced on frame creating should probably be able to provide more input.

The last thing that bothers me slightly is her name, as it has not much to do with her theme other than a name recycle of your character. Could use some revision.

The last thing that bothers me slightly is her name, as it has not much to do with her theme other than a name recycle of your character. Could use some revision.

The name goes a bit beyond being just a rehash.  It's derived from "Sandraudiga", an ancient Latinized Germanic term which is thought to mean roughly "she who dyes the sand red."  I felt it was a good fit for a skirmisher-type character.

I really like the design . 

It's more reminescent fo the first generation of frames ( rhino , Exal Nyx volt and Loki)

For abilities well she's a taekwondo frame right?

I suggest taking inspiration from Regal from Tales of symphonia

Replace the handcuffs by whatever firearm you're holding and voilà :)

Edited by Deidaku

The name goes a bit beyond being just a rehash.  It's derived from "Sandraudiga", an ancient Latinized Germanic term which is thought to mean roughly "she who dyes the sand red."  I felt it was a good fit for a skirmisher-type character.

Thats actually really awesome. Thank you for pointing that out!

Great concept, and I have one idea to throw out here. What do we think about having Raudiga having leg combat based abilities? like channeling energy into the legs and having her do a roundhouse kick or a high-to-low diagonal kick that projects said energy towards enemies? like a "Capoeira" theme