Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Useful? But Why Doesn't The Ultimate...

Emtro

Why doesn't the Trinity ultimate restore shields and HP to fallen allies. Even if you don't want to allow them to revive after death, the time before death should be salvageable by that full restore. Other war frames have nukes they can clear the swarm that's sitting on a downed player but a Trinity, which is supposed to be the healer of the game, can't even revive someone because they don't have a nuke to clear the enemies with. And that invulnerability doesn't clear enemies it just makes you wish you had a nuke more since you'll never get to your dying friend on time.

Loki doesn't have 'nuke' skill either, Blessing costs100 energy and roughly affects half the map pretty good if you ask me. 

Why would you need aoe damaging skill when you have 2 forms of invulnerability (link/blessing).

I think you have chosen the wrong class.

I had my own idea about Trinity's ultimate.

That it would revive people nearby, but not everywhere on the map, like the heal currently does. But let it still have the heal like it is.

But yea, i would love atleast something that could help out with downed teammates, since i kinda had the idea it would have been like that.

Anyway, if you can't reach a teammate, then the swarm is huge. But if you are it is always possible to use link and just stand and give the damage to the one linked to while you revive your teammate.

Giving the ultimate an instant mass-revive sort of additional power for the dying {not dead} -in addition to healing those nearby of course-  sounds much better to me. You can't exactly spam that one anyway, might give us a reason to use it other than just spamming Energy Vampire and Well of Life.

Edited by CapricaSix

If you have fallen allies, you aren't playing trinity right.

Or your teammates are just that stupid you can't do anything to prevent them from being killed...

Cause she is a healer, not Jesus.

even then he'd only be able to res himself :P

If you have fallen allies, you aren't playing trinity right.

...or you are playing a game that doesn't offer a proper way to see squad health status.

Anyway, the brief invul period can still allow a brawler to reach the fallen, or keep them from dying while they revive.

Edited by Mfne

I agree that keeping tabs on teammates health is a bother, but considering that healing seems to be a niche thing any way it probably wont get improved. And there's really only a few scenarios in which well of life is effective or even plausible. If you get swarmed by chargers and runners/leapers then well of life isn't worth the cost since anything you can cast it on will die soon while giving little returns, tough things like ancients aren't very lethal if the team stays somewhat together they should be dead before someone can loose their shield, bosses are the best place for either of the leech skills as they're basically the only thing you would need a return of life/energy and last long enough for those skills to run their course. In all the pugs I play I hardly ever NEED to use any abilities and when I do use them, blessing, it's either because i'm waiting for someone at extraction or someone's a bit low on HP and I want to feel useful.

I would propose a reworking of trinity's abilities to make them better both in regards to healing and making trinity a frame people want to try out. Since currently it's kind of difficult to justify giving up a clear-the-area ultimate for a team heal that hardly ever needs to be used.

1. Make well of life/energy vampire a PBAoE (or maybe a ground effect like Ember's fire blast) type ability where everyone close to me regens health/power. Range should be close but not REAL close, about enough room for people to be shoulder to shoulder so we don't block other's shots. Amount regen'd and duration should go up with card level.

2. Link is fun but only really helps me out, Could be changed so that I pick a teammate (much like how it currently works with picking an enemy, place my crosshairs on them when casting) and all damage I receive gets turned into health for that person. If no one is picked it defaults to me. Range shouldn't be a factor since if I can see them they can't be TOO far away. Amount recovered and duration should increase with card level.

3. Blessing should stay pretty much the same except being able to revive downed, not dead, players. Would be nice for the players who charge into a room or fall behind without risking someone else trying to revive them. Keep the cast time as well since this ability is pretty potent.

And maybe have Trinity's alt head have players' health displayed under their name or something. While not a great alternative to simply pressing a button, tab, and checking it would be better than the current method of standing still for a few seconds without shooting. Also seeing shield strength would be a nice addition.

There isn't a proper healing interface yes, but players can bring up the health screen without entering the menu. If you really want to be a dedicated healer, you can figure out a system.

The thing is, without a decent squad status indicator interface, support classes can't fill their role properly. While it does work somewhat, keeping proper tabs on your team pretty much takes you out of the fight.

I'm not saying that it should be a main damage dealer, but in a situation where a healer really adds to teamplay, you are too busy checking team health every 3 seconds and hunting for energy orbs that you rarely get any meaningful damage output.

Now if we had a status display that tells us shield/health/energy of squad members (maybe just the names and warning indicators if they drop below 50%), we could do the healing part properly and still do some support damage.

I don't care about getting fewer kills, my only concerns is that at the moment, it tends to be a better choice to bring just another brawler compared to a dedicated healer, that is in those situations where Trinity can be useful.

Edited by Mfne

Use a 2H weapon and you could do aoe meantime invulnerable ^^, sometimes i use Bless in this way as a prevention tool instead of a healing tool, works very nice also for to revive fainted ppl, (link has some range so if someone is firing from long distance could happens that link doesn't work if there is nothing near).

p.s. about link: don't do it with a hostage from those hostage rescue mission near, it kill them (happened to me yesterday ò.ò).

Use a 2H weapon and you could do aoe meantime invulnerable ^^, sometimes i use Bless in this way as a prevention tool instead of a healing tool, works very nice also for to revive fainted ppl, (link has some range so if someone is firing from long distance could happens that link doesn't work if there is nothing near).

p.s. about link: don't do it with a hostage from those hostage rescue mission near, it kill them (happened to me yesterday ò.ò).

Ah there we have the allied part of the link description =)

sry but with "link" and my fully moded DHS I can clear out whatever the f*** i want and can revive whoever the f*** i want...

I am allways in closecombat with hek and DHS getting support by shades ghost ability and i never had any problems with surviving or reviving.

with a good sense of using "link" Trinity is just a badass suporting tank who can solo i think evry boss....

Ah there we have the allied part of the link description =)

Always thought for "allied" it meant other players, but infact it consider also the hostage and the sentinel, although the sentinel is a glitch and it will be fixed. At this point i am wondering if also the orokin sarcophagus in defense missions could be targetted from link ò.ò (since for example Mag can restore its shields).

I don't think you understand just how offensive that comment is. Using religious references to flame and attack someone on a forum should bannable.

Anyway, OP, if you use Link like you should, nothing in the universe can hurt you for those 2-10 seconds (that can go even higher with a duration mod).  You're saying that you can't revive someone within that time frame?  Just ignore the enemies, they'll hurt themselves on you while you res your squadmate.  It's pretty much a get out of jail free card.

I've no strong feelings one way or the other above her ultimate, since I only find use for it solely on infinite defense and even then only preventatively.  However, saying that it's impossible for a Trinity of all frames to revive someone just because she can't kill everything in the room in a matter of seconds is preposterous. 

Edited by DERebecca
Removed insult