Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refinery Module For Liset

-CM-s7even

First off not sure if this is in the right section.

Ok as someone who has thousands of common crafting mats I would love to see a new Refinery system added to our Personal ships allowing us to take large amounts of crafting materials, some credits and "X" amount of time to turn them into higher tier materials!

For me it gets very boring killing Ruk over and over and over again for Cells, and the extractors almost never give me the mats that I actually need.

So basically even If it takes 100 to make 1 I'm ok with that as it would be another way to get much needed materials at the cost to time and credits and those I have a plethora of.

Also buying mats with Plat is a joke and it really really needs to be re-looked at! 1 Orokin Cell for 20P is crazy talk!

Couple of points here:

A) What would you use to get an Orokin Cell? It's a freakin' cell.

B) You haven't explained the mechanics of this concept at all.

C) If you need Orokin Cells so badly, just run DS Defense missions on Ceres. Should give you quite a few if you farm there.

D) The reason for the high prices of resources in the market is to deter players from buying them unless they're willing to cough up some serious coin.

Edited by Kestral9999

The only thing I have to say about plat prices is:  items are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

I saw a thread not too long ago about selling excess material in bulk for credits.  I think that and this refinery idea would go a long way to giving payers a use for the tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions of a given material that they don't need.  I can't tell you how many people I've seen with a quarter million nano spores and nothing to use them for.  

I don't know if Orokin Cells are something we would be able to craft (what WOULD you make them out of?), but if things like Morphics/Gallium/Neurodes (Neurodes in particular don't have a boss node anymore and I don't seem to get them in the places everybody else does) could be crafted with common mats - and I'm feeling hundreds or thousands of two-to-four common mats depending on the item in question - it would give players a sink for all these mats and would give us another avenue to collect rare mats that are tedious and un-fun to farm.

Could also require recipes to craft certain items; Neurodes might be a (reusable) recipe you can buy in the market, but something like an Orokin Cell might be a quest reward - imagine a quest chain that involves you fending off Corpus incursions from an Orokin derelict, and by listening in on their comms or capturing a VIP you find they're searching for a lost planetary Orokin installation.  You race to the dig site on Mercury and fight fight your way through the defenders to reach the heart of the installation and recover its secrets, then fight your way back out as the Corpus enact a scorched earth policy to try and keep the Betrayers from defiling the sacred Orokin secrets.  The final reward is a load of raw materials, a few O Cells, and a reusable recipe to craft your own.

What if you could like combine common mats to make something that when opened could have multiple outcomes as to what you get, kinda like the log in bonus? And have rare drops and common drops from that? That's a pretty dumb idea though if I say so my self ^_^