The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

@Llyssa

Dismissing aesthetic preferences as "nostalgia" is a weak and disrespectful stance to take.  It implies that people who have played both versions and prefer the previous are unworthy of intelligent discernment.

Personally, I don't like DE's penchant for removing and replacing functions rather than adding functions to their game.  They tend to give with one hand and take away with the other.  I enjoyed charge attacks myself, and miss them on charge-heavy weapons (some of which have little use now) - would it were that we could enjoy charges, channeling, and combos all together.

meh i liked all the charge attacks, but if it had low damage i would just do a light melee build

I didn't mind them. TBH, if they brought back Charge attacks, there would have to be a slight buff to non charged attacks to make them be more necessary instead of just using charged attacks 100% of the time.

(...) Oh and in case of the glaive, finaly being able to throw it when equipped without having to do some other strikes first and needing that stupidly rare combo.

I just realised that i made a mistake there and you can indeed throw the glaive while in melee mode. Though i don't know if it's because it does not have it's stance mod equipped right now. So i made a little mistake with that statement. However i stay to the rest of my comment.

The throw is also takes some time, if only there would be a mod that could increase the speed of the throw. Hmm...

I just realised that i made a mistake there and you can indeed throw the glaive while in melee mode. Though i don't know if it's because it does not have it's stance mod equipped right now. So i made a little mistake with that statement. However i stay to the rest of my comment.

The throw is also takes some time, if only there would be a mod that could increase the speed of the throw. Hmm...

I think normal attack speed does.

I used to use Glaive all of the time before melee 2.0.  I pretty much never use it or its kith now.  The death of charge attack mods being the reason in my case.

You should be happy those mods are gone because now it go's off of the light attacks dmg, the galive used to only get about 300, mine dose 1,400, same with charge speed.

If anything it would give De more options for  combos , plus it was fun , and it was a different way to use our melee , player options + fun ,

it 's in the game already for most weapons / easy to adapt it .

I have missed it sense it was taken out  

If anything it would give De more options for  combos , plus it was fun , and it was a different way to use our melee , player options + fun ,

it 's in the game already for most weapons / easy to adapt it .

I have missed it sense it was taken out

I feel you bro.

Why do y'all say the galatine sucks, I slaughter with it learn how to do the combos they are not that hard and problem solved, try doing something that doesn't invole spamming

Melee 1.0: I spam [hold E].

Melee 2.0: I spam [EEpauseEEEEEEEEEEuntil I get dizzy]*repeat

In both systems I end up spamming some form of E. Really, by the time the utility of most combos take effect(most movement combos) everything is dead. If they want each combo to do something unique AND useful, the keystrokes that make the combo different need to take effect immediately and by the third keystroke.

Anyway, both systems promote spam of some sort.

Edited by billthebetta