The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Mods Just Don't Drop....

BlindSentinel

I have 12,000 kills now, lvl 4. And i've gotten maybe 2 or 3 multishot mods (for pistol) so far. Is that normal drop rate for multishot?
And another thing i didn't get, is a tactical pump mod drop in more then 2 weeks,...i remember selling it 50 times when i didn't have shoguns to use it on. 

Some Mods are very "rare" indeed. Tho with the last Patch and the Change from Rare to uncommon on some mods did help a lot.

I have 28k kills and from some mods i only have 1-2(like Pistol Convulsion for ex.)

50% of my kills are against Grineer tho. I just love fighting those!

I agree with this.

I am mastery rank 5 and so far, I have not seen any of the following mods at all:

Rifle/pistol multishot.

Melee attack speed. (fury, which is uncommon accoridng to council chat?)

Melee fire attack.

Warframe energy max (flow i think it's called)

RNG is all well and good, but at some point it gets a little frustrating.

Any suggestion where should i farm for it, does the difficulty lvl effect drop rate. I mean is the same drop rate for rare mods on Mercury or Pluto or Eris?

The higher level enemies do drop Uncommon and Rare mods more often. Or at least for me it feels like that.

I do Mercury/Tolstoj runs often aswell(full clears, no boss speedruns) and i almost never see uncommon+ mods there.

edit: Good Missions for great XP and lots of mods are Sedna/Kappa and Ceres/Kiste. Both are Mobile Defense. You can farm tons of XP there and usually get 8+ Mods from them.

Edited by 7rance

BlindSentinel, on 15 Apr 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

Any suggestion where should i farm for it, does the difficulty lvl effect drop rate. I mean is the same drop rate for rare mods on Mercury or Pluto or Eris?

"Random" cannot be stressed enough. It literally is random, across all missions and areas. There's not a place to farm for rare mods, really, but each faction DOES seem to drop a lot of specific mods, mostly common and uncommon. Your best bet for mod farming may be doing a few defense missions, they tend to drop often. But again the drop rate is random, some missions they drop A LOT, others, barley anything. Recently I have picked up tons of common and uncommon ability mods -_- but a few useful ones as well, can't complain (:

Yea that's why i posted, cuz it maybe a bug.....i mean shotgun reload speed isn't rare, and if it was rare it should drop once a week if i play 5-6 hr a day, or at least once in 2 weeks xD

And one mod i forgot to mention is Regenerate for sentinel, i accidently sold that one i got when buying the sentinel, and didn't get one so far...my sentinel is lvl 25 now

Since U7 started i got every except two mods, Flow(max power) and Deep freeze(pistol freeze dmg),  then the last patch did the rare is rare thing and mostly common drops. 

Finaly got miself a Deep freeze in a laggy heavy fight with infested ancient in online mode, so i'm a bit happy , but yeah RNG is the nemesis.

Im building a rhino frame and fear I will never get the mod cards for it :(  ,   but on the other hand I now have about 12 Loki decoy cards.... I have a loki frame as well lol , would luv some way to ensure you can get the card for frames you build just sayin.

RNG is Random Number Generation, an algorithm to produce completely random number.

:) ohhhh

i googled Warframe RGN, i got login reward :)

Im building a rhino frame and fear I will never get the mod cards for it :(  ,   but on the other hand I now have about 12 Loki decoy cards.... I have a loki frame as well lol , would luv some way to ensure you can get the card for frames you build just sayin.

i have a Rhino it gets a little boring after a while, it all gets down to hitting iron skin and spamming charged mele, get Frost

To expand, it's the RNG that decides what you get when a mod is 'dropped'. Think of it as 'Luck', though it's technically anything but.

Yep. A randomly calculated luck.

That somehow stress you out, confusing and made you think "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?!".

Nevermind my reply, just another same rant against RNG...

Higher level mission have a small tendency to drop more rare mods, or at least on fusion core. I never see common 2's except on low level missions.

It could very well be a glitch. Anyone remember Redirect. First day of the mod change, i got two. Next day, another three. Before that, i did not find one.

Higher level mission have a small tendency to drop more rare mods, or at least on fusion core. I never see common 2's except on low level missions. It could very well be a glitch. Anyone remember Redirect. First day of the mod change, i got two. Next day, another three. Before that, i did not find one.

yea redirect, and steal fiber i get 10 of those every day