Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help On My Frost Prime Build And My Kubrow's

Borockobama

Question

Below is a picture of my currently 6 formad Frost prime i need to forma him hopefully 1 more time and thatll allow me to place intensify stretch and vigor and have a nice solid build, because of the changes to his snowglobe and the overall lack of power strength in this build i went with Steel fiber due to his 4 second invunerability period on his snow globe which does do i think its a 5x multiplier towards his armor and takes that and adds that to his power strength allowing his snowglobes final hp to be decent enough to withstand quite a few hits. Opinions?

k9ayb7.jpg

This next picture is of my kubrow, which atm is a solidified mess, i see myself formaing her about 3-5 more times because its 50 mod energy for the link mods AND the maul Bite then 25 for the rest so maybe 3 more Forma MIGHT solidify that? Not entirely sure opinions?

I've only formad her once btw

2vi2drn.jpg

I prefer to use long range weapons (Vectis Paris Prime) Lex prime as my secondary and Reaper prime as my melee with Stalking Fan scythe stance  Fulfilling a more utlity role than a solid defense role able to switch accordingly.

Any opinions i will take into consideration and will greatly appreciate any and all overall advice thanks!

Edit: Do keep in mind these arnt done and i plan on maxing all the mods for my warframe and saving link armor for last on my kubrow! Thank you!

Edit x2: I forgot to mention i am using the Arcane Squall helmet in my Frost prime Build

Edited by Borockobama

13 answers to this question

T4 heavy gunners eat pretty fast your snow globes without blind rage.

edit: fixed builder link, copy paste over old link only changed outlook of link. -.-

Low forma stuff. http://goo.gl/bqAXQh  ooor http://goo.gl/JKkWgT

Kubrows don't need help in builds, only mod that does not fit there is lockpick, so all u need to do is forma highest cost mods.

Edited by Agullimux

T4 heavy gunners eat pretty fast your snow globes without blind rage.

edit: fixed builder link, copy paste over old link only changed outlook of link. -.-

Low forma stuff. http://goo.gl/bqAXQh  ooor http://goo.gl/JKkWgT

Kubrows don't need help in builds, only mod that does not fit there is lockpick, so all u need to do is forma highest cost mods.

Thanks for the update! I saw my Snowglobe falling really fast because of them and i thought because of the change to how his snowglobe worked that it would actually help and it still falls pretty fast

Well there is choice 
a) use stronger snow globe with power str mods
b) multiple cheap snow globes with optimal power cost reduce 75%

c) don't use snow globe

30 second basic duration of snow globe is enough. (getting fleeting expertise penalty fixed with duration mod(s) )

Maxed Blind rage is kinda bad in away that optimal power cost is more effective, but i like using avalanche and i don't want to be stuck spamming multiple times. Snow globe has fast casting speed.

Maxed blind rage and intensify = 8 965.0 hp and  33 power cost   (129% more power str)

optimal power cost  build 6 445 hp and 13 power  (57% more power str)

hope this helps to choose what u want.

Warframe builder says that snow globe without power mods (maxed mod) is 4450 and wiki says  3500. Not sure which one is updated.

kubrow: every kubrow need at least one defensive polarity because loyal companion is first mod u want on kubrow for easier leveling and avoiding loyalty issues. (more time to notice kubrow is in bleed out) Also remember to mark every game kubrow with "G".

Is your frost from the times when globe had no hp because you have so many formas? :O

Inside globe steel fiber gives u 5% more dmg reduction because steel fiber + snow globe gives max cap armor

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber

At least i believe there is cap because with steel fiber i still take take noticeable damage inside globe.

Edited by Agullimux

Well there is choice 

a) use stronger snow globe with power str mods

b) multiple cheap snow globes with optimal power cost reduce 75%

c) don't use snow globe

30 second basic duration of snow globe is enough. (getting fleeting expertise penalty fixed with duration mod(s) )

Maxed Blind rage is kinda bad in away that optimal power cost is more effective, but i like using avalanche and i don't want to be stuck spamming multiple times. Snow globe has fast casting speed.

Maxed blind rage and intensify = 8 965.0 hp and  33 power cost   (129% more power str)

optimal power cost  build 6 445 hp and 13 power  (57% more power str)

hope this helps to choose what u want.

Warframe builder says that snow globe without power mods (maxed mod) is 4450 and wiki says  3500. Not sure which one is updated.

kubrow: every kubrow need at least one defensive polarity because loyal companion is first mod u want on kubrow for easier leveling and avoiding loyalty issues. (more time to notice kubrow is in bleed out) Also remember to mark every game kubrow with "G".

Is your frost from the times when globe had no hp because you have so many formas? :O

Lol no i was still learning Warframe and i tinkered i think twice with his polarities before finding a good fit. Are your calculations also taking Squall as well into consideration? Id rather go for optimal energy usage because the build youre offering tells me no energy siphon and instead rejuvination so id rather not run out of blue in the field. I use Frost ALOT even out of Defense missions hes just a nice solid frame that fits my playstyle. 

Quall has not taken into calculations is it 15% more power str? does it calculate (57%+15)=  72% more power str  or (57% x1.15)=65 more power str

Any way helmet is calculcated difference is small.

Build i gave is minimum forma build. Your helmet makes optimal manacost build taste more better.

Each can take own consideration what aura they want to use. I just find original aura polarity usefull because sometimes i take damage and there is no healer in team. slash damage(true shield), poison aura and fire eximus flames go true globe and mistakes happen. 

by optimal i mean blind rage only 27% str and 15%cost

and because i don't know what mods you have second build was more about mods  i believe you might have. 

more edit. with optimal build i usually start using 2x snow globes in t4 defense  around 25 wave.

Edited by Agullimux

Quall has not taken into calculations is it 15% more power str? does it calculate (57%+15)=  72% more power str  or (57% x1.15)=65 more power str

Any way helmet is calculcated difference is small.

Build i gave is minimum forma build. Your helmet makes optimal manacost build taste more better.

Each can take own consideration what aura they want to use. I just find original aura polarity usefull because sometimes i take damage and there is no healer in team. slash damage(true shield), poison aura and fire eximus flames go true globe and mistakes happen. 

by optimal i mean blind rage only 27% str and 15%cost

and because i don't know what mods you have second build was more about mods  i believe you might have. 

I am only missing a Blind rage and a Fleeting Expertise, way too lazy lately to run Vault runs but i should. Squall Stats are a 15% inc to power Str and a -5% to shields. I think optimal would be a better suit anyways because id rather fill a more utility role than a set solid defense role. Able to defend and dps or holding ground for a team until later. Should i still use Steel Fiber though? I find that if im not gonna run Rejuv the -dmg from True dmg is incredibly useful.

Steel fiber, i use it with poison resist on infested, outside infested no. Problem with steel fiber is, that i don't know is there damage reduction cap. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber if damage TAKEN cap is at 19% it means steel fiber only would give 5% less damage taken inside globe.

edit: with your 900 plat u could easily get blind rage and fleeting expertise around 30 plat total? (unranked)

Edited by Agullimux

Ideal Setup for Globe is 72% Power Strength from Intensify, Rank 2 Blind Rage, and Arcane Squall Helmet. Then you install Fleeting Expertise and Streamline to bring the cost down to 12.5 energy, and install Steel Fiber to add another chunk of health to SG.

End result is 8015 absorption for 12.5 energy. Personally I choose to drop Blind Rage, allowing for a bonus 10% duration and an extra frame slot. Thus resulting in  7070 absorbtion for 12.5 energy - good enough IMO. I sometimes swap Constitution and Vital for NM and Stretch for lower levels, or if I need the smaller globe I swap Constitution for a midranked NM.

Defensive build is http://goo.gl/xEYTEJ.

When I play offensively, I choose to rank up BR to Rank 7, giving me 50% efficiency but making abilities hit much harder. However the added range for Avalanche and IW makes Snowglobe a little awkward to use (it's too big, imo).

Offensive build is http://goo.gl/67J70o.

Builder is already including the +5 x armor value from Frost's base 190 health (+950 absorption).

Edited by Darzk

Ideal Setup for Globe is 72% Power Strength from Intensify, Rank 2 Blind Rage, and Arcane Squall Helmet. Then you install Fleeting Expertise and Streamline to bring the cost down to 12.5 energy, and install Steel Fiber to add another chunk of health to SG.

End result is 8015 absorption for 12.5 energy. Personally I choose to drop Blind Rage, allowing for a bonus 10% duration and an extra frame slot. Thus resulting in  7070 absorbtion for 12.5 energy - good enough IMO. I sometimes swap Constitution and Vital for NM and Stretch for lower levels, or if I need the smaller globe I swap Constitution for a midranked NM.

Defensive build is http://goo.gl/xEYTEJ.

When I play offensively, I choose to rank up BR to Rank 7, giving me 50% efficiency but making abilities hit much harder. However the added range for Avalanche and IW makes Snowglobe a little awkward to use (it's too big, imo).

Offensive build is http://goo.gl/67J70o.

Builder is already including the +5 x armor value from Frost's base 190 health (+950 absorption).

i tinkered with your build for offenssive a little bit and was curious if something like this would work

http://goo.gl/zFnDGO

Id rather not play Frost into a straight solid role which does sound counterproductive but maybe you can help me compensate

There is enough info from both me and darkz. Darkz damage build is more pure mage with extra spell for variety. Duration is enough to revire somebody and big enough if you want block bombard missiles. Also because focus is not purely in duration of snow globe u got extra range for damage spells. Defensive is no problem even with 23 sec duration because usually one wave last from 20 to 40 seconds.

Not having blind rage you won't miss more damage it until 20 waves or around 40 mins depending what faction you fight against. And spell are cheap so doing something twice is no problem.

Only problem at the moment is that you need to test yourself which suit you most.

Do you want more range, more power with more range or more power with normal range is pressing same button twice problem? Do you like ice wave or only find need for 2 spells. To be honest with your amount already given formas to frost i find it weird you don't know what you want yet.

steel fiber without vitality is odd choice and you don't have yet blind rage or narrow mind?

vitality -> narrow minded   intensify -> blind rage,   old spot of intensify ->constitution try it in defense survival. If you go grineer defense u don't want to keep normal snow globe range because pod is too big to protect from explosion.

You are thinking too much. Just go on try.

edit: it is much easier to choose after you try and get feeling you are missing or want more or don't need.

Building something because person x said so is bad. Even if it works.

Also your tinkered build. Did you try it? If not i'm getting trollish aura from you. If you want keep steel fiber over vitality so be it. =)

more edit: Building something solely for role x. Making other spell more powerfull withouth making other does not mean the other spell is useless. Unless you mean getting 3 spells out and having mods to boost the one.

last edit: You make building frost too complicated.

Edited by Agullimux

There is enough info from both me and darkz. Darkz damage build is more pure mage with extra spell for variety. Duration is enough to revire somebody and big enough if you want block bombard missiles. Also because focus is not purely in duration of snow globe u got extra range for damage spells. Defensive is no problem even with 23 sec duration because usually one wave last from 20 to 40 seconds.

Not having blind rage you won't miss more damage it until 20 waves or around 40 mins depending what faction you fight against. And spell are cheap so doing something twice is no problem.

Only problem at the moment is that you need to test yourself which suit you most.

Do you want more range, more power with more range or more power with normal range is pressing same button twice problem? Do you like ice wave or only find need for 2 spells. To be honest with your amount already given formas to frost i find it weird you don't know what you want yet.

steel fiber without vitality is odd choice and you don't have yet blind rage or narrow mind?

vitality -> narrow minded   intensify -> blind rage,   old spot of intensify ->constitution try it in defense survival. If you go grineer defense u don't want to keep normal snow globe range because pod is too big to protect from explosion.

You are thinking too much. Just go on try.

edit: it is much easier to choose after you try and get feeling you are missing or want more or don't need.

Building something because person x said so is bad. Even if it works.

Also your tinkered build. Did you try it? If not i'm getting trollish aura from you. If you want keep steel fiber over vitality so be it. =)

more edit: Building something solely for role x. Making other spell more powerfull withouth making other does not mean the other spell is useless. Unless you mean getting 3 spells out and having mods to boost the one.

last edit: You make building frost too complicated.

Not trolling honestly sorry i just like my Frost alot is all and i just wanna optimize around my long rangeish utility playstyle. Sorry if me asking questions about something i genuinely care and what to understand properly is considered trolling. But with the information you've given me it gives me a general idea of what you 2 are implicating, doesnt answer what i want fully but like you said cant really figure for sure until i try it.

Thanks for the info sorry if my curiosity came off trollish wasnt the intention. 

steel fiber and intensify, same snow globe but steel fiber does not help avalanche.effective health yes.

If  you don't feel akward having snow globe with bigger range with stretch (no narrow mind) for easier avalanche go with it.

i tinkered your tinkered build. 21 s snow globe is enough and now you have more range for avalanche, if by utility you mean more range.

http://goo.gl/vHTVhG  you have more forma so constitution instead continuity. (20 second duration)

Some people think that snow globe bigger than normal is awkward, but you have enough forma to change mods if something feels bad.

Lack of testing does not make choosing easier. Do you feel avalanche has enough range, is snow globe too big or small. With steel fiber and vitality do you get slash stacks problematic in longer runs? 

It is pretty hard know what other wants and this topic is now full of slightly different but similar builds. biggest difference that some builds have ice wave and some sacrifice some defense for more power, range or duration.

Biggest problem in ice wave is that in my opinion it does not give enough range compared to avalanche. If they buffed that range more and i could starting sniping with it instead moving a bit and use avalanche instead. It is fun spell. I would like use freeze for bossing but that damage breaking frozen effect makes it awkward for me.

Also for infested smaller bubble is better because range inside globe slow does NOT increase with bigger bubble. Which is kinda weird. Lots of things that could make frame versatile and a bit more "innovative" are usually bad choices. I feel this game does not want frames have lots of good builds and making lots of spells worthless even when they should be good at least in situational cases.

edit: some typos and fixed some wording to make more sence.

Edited by Agullimux