Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"punish" Leavers..

Draco2007

If a player just quits the mission, he should not get any loot or experience.

Only if the mission is successfull or a complete fail (everyones dead and no revive possible), you should get the loot but no experience and no credits.

That might stop this stupid leaving after the boss is dead....

Rushers gunna rush. It's more efficient for them, and it will be difficult to convince them otherwise. What about people with bad connections, or those with a bad host? should they also have to pay for the actions of others?

Xtorma, if a host is bad, you can leave after 1 minute, without any loss.

But leaving after the boss is dead is not indended by the system.

Rushing is ok, if discussed by the party, but leaving the game is kind of stupid.

And this is no QQ, this is just the truth. Leaving intentionally is the same like exploiting....

Rushers gunna rush. It's more efficient for them, and it will be difficult to convince them otherwise. What about people with bad connections, or those with a bad host? should they also have to pay for the actions of others?

There have been cases where the host immediately disconnects once he gets the BP/component he needed from the boss. That's the issue here. If it was a rusher, he'd be complaining about someone running to the end once he got what he needed (Which would be less trouble since people do usually aim for the BP in the boss areas). Bad host is subtracted from this situation because it's a common thread to see someone coming in, getting the BP he/she needed, then disconnects right thin and there. I don't have a problem when a player joins my game and gets the BP they need and them disconnecting, I'd actually like helping people get what they need in games... but when I join a game, kill a boss and right before I pick up the BP and the host disconnects after he gets it, it just deletes it right there that irritates me. I wouldn't care if he was to rush the second he picked it up but when they disconnect as host, it deletes items. Had it happen to me like 6 times which is why I prefer to Private match Bosses now :l

All i am saying is what about the folks who help the whole time, and then get disconnected for whatever reason on the run back to the extraction point? how do you differentiate between people getting legitimatly dc'ed and those who just unplug their cable?

I have no problem with a system that protects people from being denied what they worked for, but it has to be done in a way that does not punish good people.

All i am saying is what about the folks who help the whole time, and then get disconnected for whatever reason on the run back to the extraction point? how do you differentiate between people getting legitimatly dc'ed and those who just unplug their cable? I have no problem with a system that protects people from being denied what they worked for, but it has to be done in a way that does not punish good people.

Well, to be honest, if someone thinks unpluging their cable will save them time, then they've got issues...

But yes, this is something that could be done, but it would need to be handled very carefully.

Rushers are annoying but the devs are working on it tbh. having them get no loot is a bit of a no no though, if they help you fight through half of the mission, then have to go due to irl impeeding on their game time (Curse you irl!) they lose everything they worked for fairly.

i think they could impliment a 2-5 min loot delay so if you loot a boss, and then quit straight away, you dont get that but you get the stuff from before, either that or make it so loot is assigned at mission end, and if someone takes up the slot you left then you dont get the loot (again, not fair to ppl screwed by IRL!!!!)

Personaly, I rush, i like to get missions done, but i either do it solo/private or I ask the group if they mind. Im not a goit :P but ppl are not perfect and no game is going to be able to get this balance just right.

Either the rushers get their loot or the DCers get nothing (willy wonka style), the trick is finding a  reason for rusher TO go solo like the current 50% of team at exit, combine with the loot delay and rushers would find it quicker to solo a boss then sprint to the end rather than going online.

Again, this is not against RUSHER....it is againgst LEAVERS.

If you rush, you complete the mission, while ignoring mobs or something, could be anoying, but its ok.

If you leave after the boss, there might be a host migration or whatelse and the mission restarts and you may don't get your reward. THIS is anoying like hell.

Some people really, really need a particular blueprint.

Some people have also found six helmets and five chassis and are still going for the systems. They don't care about the money, or the bonus exp for finishing. They want their systems so they can finally build their frigging warframe.

So one person out of your team of four leaves. Big deal. Who is it really harming? It maybe inconveniences you for thirty seconds and then the enemies between you and the end of the mission are a level lower. How does that stop you from completing the mission?

Some people have also found six helmets and five chassis and are still going for the systems. They don't care about the money, or the bonus exp for finishing. They want their systems so they can finally build their frigging warframe.

So one person out of your team of four leaves. Big deal. Who is it really harming? It maybe inconveniences you for thirty seconds and then the enemies between you and the end of the mission are a level lower. How does that stop you from completing the mission?

Exactly, and unless you're really well, for lack of a better word, bad at the game you should be able to carry on. If you stay in a group, and actually try it's not too hard to complete any mission.

AGAIN, if you leave and you are the host, a host migration starts and after this the mission starts again and all loot ist lost.

And if ONE leaves and no host migration starts, no problem at all, but today I had several times, ALL people left after the boss. Normal online game....

And THIS behaviour must be punished. Buggy missions should not be normal, so if you loose your loot in those cases...its ok for me...

Only if the mission is successfull or a complete fail (everyones dead and no revive possible), you should get the loot but no experience and no credits.

no

So what if a person leaves the game after they get what they want? It's a public game, this isn't a MOBA or something, one guy leaving after beating a boss does not hurt you. Oh one guy leaves the team of 4, we're all screwed now? Plus, he did in fact work for those drops up to that point, who are you to take that away from him? And if the host leaves and items get deleted due to host migration shenanigans, yeah that's friggin' annoying, but hey, he IS the host. He started that instance, he is essentially the owner of that instance, he has the right to do whatever he wants. If you don't like it, remember his name and never join his hosted games again.

And what about people who leave because of IRL implications? What if there's something urgent they have to go deal with, and can't continue the round? Should they be punished by having all of their time in the round up to that point wasted entirely? Or what if someone just outright crashes due to game problems, host migration shenanigans etc. That's not their fault, but according to your system, they will be punished by having their effort wasted. If you are so mad about leavers, then start a private game and play with friends. Join a clan or something. If it's a PUG game, you should've expected the worst.

I play on Solo/Private all the time, and sometimes I have to abort because I like exploring, and exploring as thoroughly as I do means I will get stuck fairly often (for instance, inside the glass of one of the pillars in a mobile defense mission). In some of these cases, I have to abort, and I'd rather not lose all the loot I've earned up until then because the game glitched me through a wall.

Since your real problem is the way DE handles host migrations, why are you going on about leavers?You're asking them to add ridiculous stuff to the game rather than asking them to fix the host migration problem. What you're saying just makes no sense at all.