Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Not Enough Buttons. Bind Multiple Actions To One Button Or Key!

OrphanMaker

Hi, I use a controller to play warframe. The biggest problem I have is there are not enough buttons on my controller to use all of my abilities. I am using a PS3 and PS4 controller. Since I do not have enough room I had to cut back on some of the actions I can use. For one I can not roll!

Here is my layout

R2: Zoom

R1: Channel toggle

L2: Fire

L1: Melee

R3: Toggle Crouch

L3: Toggle Sprint

Dpad

UP: power 1

LEFT: power 3

RIGHT: power 2

DOWN: power4

Left Analog: Movement

Right Analog: Aim

X: Jump

O: Use

Square: Reload

Triangle: Change weapons

With this controller binding I do not have enough room to use Roll with out sacrificing an important action.

I need the ability to bind multiple action to one button so I can use more actions.

I want to bind the "roll action" to the "O" button. I want to dual bind it with the use action, because I do not use the "Use" action much, Or I can dual bind: Reload with Use and just bind roll to "O" by its self.

This would be very helpful. Thankyou!

your melee channel/toggle and  ranged zoom can be keyed to the same button as they are used in different modes (melee vs ranged) which frees up a button for rolling i use a logitech F310 which is physically very much the same as the ps 3/4  controllers but uses the the built in button mapping in the warframe options like a 360 controller not sure if your using a 3rd party interface for button mapping the ps 3/4 controller which maybe your issue  

I've always been wondering how things would pan out on the XB1 due to button limitations.  On PS4, using the Touchpad for the four frame abilities and map is effectively giving a player five more buttons to work with which works wonders.  Even then though we're left with having both Crouch and Roll bound to the same button which actually slows the maximum possible movement speed a bit.

Giving players the ability to tie controller bindings together of their own accord would definitely help the issue to an extent.

My "in the meantime" suggestion for you OrphanMaker would be to change up your layout a bit though, as the one you're using currently is less than efficient.  As has been noted, Toggle Channeling can be tied to the same thing as Aim, so put those together to open up one more button, additionally you can have left and right on the D-pad bound as "power change" buttons then one other button as "use selected power" freeing up another button.  This means you'll have a spare button for both Roll and Waypoint.

I've always been wondering how things would pan out on the XB1 due to button limitations.  On PS4, using the Touchpad for the four frame abilities and map is effectively giving a player five more buttons to work with which works wonders.  Even then though we're left with having both Crouch and Roll bound to the same button which actually slows the maximum possible movement speed a bit.

Giving players the ability to tie controller bindings together of their own accord would definitely help the issue to an extent.

My "in the meantime" suggestion for you OrphanMaker would be to change up your layout a bit though, as the one you're using currently is less than efficient.  As has been noted, Toggle Channeling can be tied to the same thing as Aim, so put those together to open up one more button, additionally you can have left and right on the D-pad bound as "power change" buttons then one other button as "use selected power" freeing up another button.  This means you'll have a spare button for both Roll and Waypoint.

I used this setup before but it is not as fast nor responsive as the one I listed above. The one I posted above is fast, responsive, and intuitive. Also I use R2 for blocking while using melee. I may change but, I still would like the option to double bind.

Edited by OrphanMaker