Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Ruining The Game.

xMudkip

So we have another rescue mission, we are basically ready to continue but ONE person just went afk on top of a box too far away for us to continue with the hostage... There needs to be a vote to kick feature RIGHT NOW, we've spent almost 45 minutes hoping to find an exit and continue without him but it's no use. It's a major flaw in the game and it's destroying the fun factor.

You dont need the hostage at the extraction point to finish a rescue mission successfully. And as long as half of the party gets to the extraction point the counter will start ticking and once 60 seconds are up you will have finished.

I hit this issue a couple times as well. Some people will just afk in a boss level (you need all players present to kill boss at Fossa). But a simple solution is to lure a bunch of enemies into the AFKed person and have them kill him for you :D

But I do agree that we need a vote to kick afk players, or at least a counter that would auto-kick someone if he stayed in the same spot for over 5 minutes.

I'm a low level and a MAG, also the stage WILL NOT CONTINUE. There is no extraction point, is if the objectives won't continue without this person. So it's not as simple as any of you make it seems. Wastes of posts if you ask me.

I'm a low level and a MAG, also the stage WILL NOT CONTINUE. There is no extraction point, is if the objectives won't continue without this person. So it's not as simple as any of you make it seems. Wastes of posts if you ask me.

I have done rescue missions plenty of times where the rescuee will get stuck on something so we leave behind a team-mate to keep him alive as everyone else runs to the exit and finishes the mission. If the extraction point is not there then that is a different glitch.

Edited by Tsukinoki

The only mission where an AFKer can prevent you from completing the mission is on an infested datamass level. That's it. Even then you just lure some ancients to him and usually they can knock him off with their attacks. : ]

As has been previously stated, you could have finished the mission. There's no need to go on about it

Votekick is too easy to abuse. It does not need to be implemented.

As has been previously stated, you could have finished the mission. There's no need to go on about it

Votekick is too easy to abuse. It does not need to be implemented.

Either

A) he had a bug where the extraction point didnt appear (very unlikely)

Or B) he got lost in the map because of the over/under doors (which is something they need to address)

Either way he could have most likely finished the mission if he actually tried. Furthermore I see all these requests for votekicks and I dont see why they would include something that would just be used for griefing.

Even if you aren't going to get the person kicked think of the huge popup appearing to vote when you are surrounded by enemies? No thank you.

It wouldn't be JUST for griefing. You must all assume that only children play games nowadays. I'd just like the ability to play the damn game without certain people coming in and holding others back. Also no I was never lost at all, I checked every corner of the map I could find and it was like we were trapped. The objective never changed to "Get to the extraction point" it just kept telling us to rescue the hostage, who we had with us.

It wouldn't be JUST for griefing. You must all assume that only children play games nowadays. I'd just like the ability to play the damn game without certain people coming in and holding others back. Also no I was never lost at all, I checked every corner of the map I could find and it was like we were trapped. The objective never changed to "Get to the extraction point" it just kept telling us to rescue the hostage, who we had with us.
 Once you rescue the hostage Lotus should say something along the lines of "Get to the extraction point and make sure nothing happens to the hostage". That is what tells you that you need to get to the extraction. If it is saying to rescue the hostage the map marker should stay in the prison, at which point you can go back and open the other doors to see if that fixes it. Either way the extraction point will be there if you go in the right direction.EDIT: I forgot to say as well that a single person *cant* "ruin" the game. With only a single person AFKing you can still force an extraction and finish the mission, they dont do anything but sit there. Edited by Tsukinoki

What about this solution:
PLAY PRIVATE.

These whining threads are so annoying. if you dont like that you cant control foreign people and that they dont play the same way you do, just dont play online. You have to expect players who play the way they want. And if thats too much for some people to handle, just play private.....

Edited by Venarge

So you released the hostage, but mission marker stays at jail, and doesn't change to Get To Extraction? It's happened to me once or twice, fixed when all four team members get to the jail, and the yellow doors that block your egress will unlock.

Nobody's claiming it'd only be used for griefing. But there is no question that it would be used for griefing, and so I [and many others you'll speak to] don't want it.

I have done rescue missions plenty of times where the rescuee will get stuck on something so we leave behind a team-mate to keep him alive as everyone else runs to the exit and finishes the mission. If the extraction point is not there then that is a different glitch.

Hell, I've run extraction missions where we just left the hostage on his own looking at a wall all by his lonesome. 

So you released the hostage, but mission marker stays at jail, and doesn't change to Get To Extraction? It's happened to me once or twice, fixed when all four team members get to the jail, and the yellow doors that block your egress will unlock.

The key is to get the hostage to the marker in the center of the jail to update the objective. Check to see if the hostage got hung up on something and nudge them around it if necessary. AI pathing is still not 100%

This is a real issue that I've run into several times. The fix isn't a vote kick though. It's removing the ridiculous requirement to have all players present to continue a rescue mission. The fix is to remove the requirement, one person should be able to retrieve the hostage and move on, even if the others are active. I'd rather get a troll that causes a mission failed than a troll that wastes hours of my time. And no, KICKING is not an option, the simple fact is that impatient people do not make good judgments. You're opening a new venue of trolling with votekicking that will make people quit this awesome game.