Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iaijutsu (And Pvp)

ReiganCross

So yeah, i bet you just read PvP up there and though "damn it, another topic about PvP." Well, it might annoy you guys that are fan of the PvP, but i outright hate PvP. Most games that have PvP and PvE options, i'll stick with PvE, thank you very much. But hell, this isn't about PvP, it's about Iaijutsu, so let's begin.

First, a quick intro on Iaijutsu:

This is an Iaijutsu demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUH3IgZAO5M

And this is how awesome it can become:

So yeah, in case you didn't got from the 2 videos, Iaijutsu is the art of quickdrawing followed by an imediate sword slash in the same movement. Basically you draw and slash in one swift movement (It's basically that quickslash where the dude with the Katana puts the sword back in the sheath before you see what he sliced). Now, why am i bringing this up? Well, first because Iaijutsu is awesome and can easely become an animation, especially for charged attacks. Second, because a separate mechanic for an Iaijutsu duel CAN be developed and shut the PvP down for good. So instead of outright war or arena matches, we have Iaijutsu duels 1v1 to challenge one another. Makes sense, fits the Tenno design and is frigging awesome, so i hope they do something with it.

Since we dont even have a weapon that has a sheath, and we have all the weapons on our back, I would say no to the quickdraw.

And since we all now know that steve said they have interest in Borderlands 2 duels, your alternative mechanic wouldnt work either cause this duels can be fought all the time. Would be too much work to create something that only comes up whenever you have a duel....

Edited by Venarge

Since we dont even have a weapon that has a sheath, and we have all the weapons on our back, I would say no to the quickdraw.

And since we all now know that steve said they have interest in Borderlands 2 duels, your alternative mechanic wouldnt work either cause this duels can be fought all the time. Would be too much work to create something that only comes up whenever you have a duel....

Fair enough, i guess o.o...

Fair enough, i guess o.o...

I would like to have something similar to this quickdraw thing, but first they have to create a weapon for that. but I think we have a lack of cyber katans ;) Somethin we really need here :D

I would like to have something similar to this quickdraw thing, but first they have to create a weapon for that. but I think we have a lack of cyber katans ;) Somethin we really need here :D

Isn't that what Skanas are for? To make for substitute Katanas? Just give them a sheath and we're golden o.o.