The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alerts: Grind2Farm & Burning Out

Sarmon

Those are fun missions. If you don't enjoy them, don't play them. And most importantly, don't complain because of your laziness.

As always, I really dislike your bluntness, which is even higher then mine.

... however accurate it might be in this case.

Nobody is reading the thread so I'll say it again.

I am doing the alert and I'm willing to finish it.

The issue is that the alert is incredibly repetitive and I will just lose my will to keep playing the game after I finish it. It's called "Burning out" I have better stuff to do than kill 200 hyenas and then kill more enemies just for the sake of farming after an incredibly boring and repetitive mission.

I'm basically suggesting reduced grind and farming so that players will do other things rather than doing grindy limited time missions and then leaving the game until another limited time event happens or a major update happens.

You might be missing the point of something "optional". Just because you don't like it does not mean new players won't. I have a U14 account with sweet F-all stuff on it, and I've been Glaive'ing my way through that mission, after doing it on my primary, just to get a "starter badge" which is more interesting then "no badge".

I can't just one-shot the doggies with a Glaive, but I can Radial Blind them, and then one-shot the trash mobs and watch the rest of the team go postal on their asses while they can't see anything, because there I get matched up with weaker teams, apparently, unlike one game on my primary, where it was me and three melee Ash'es.

This is no different then the old days of me and mates going Skag hunting in BL1 just to get the "Killed 2500 Skags", it's just there, either do it or don't. Nothing bad happens if you don't, nothing great happens if you do, the "reward" is just topping.

I want to shoot stuff here because the Borderland series is ending with the Pre-Sequel release, and nothing more interesting will get added.

No sarcasm in this or malice, but if this game is burning you out, you do need a break. We ran entire Borderlands 1/2, four player LAN weekends, so my tolerance to "shoot random stuff until my arms fall off" is incredibly high, hell, I'd prefer DE to take a look at BL "missions" and copy some of the concepts, I thought the mob mixes there always kept us on our toes, but alas, different games, different mechanics.

You might be missing the point of something "optional". Just because you don't like it does not mean new players won't. I have a U14 account with sweet F-all stuff on it, and I've been Glaive'ing my way through that mission, after doing it on my primary, just to get a "starter badge" which is more interesting then "no badge".

I can't just one-shot the doggies with a Glaive, but I can Radial Blind them, and then one-shot the trash mobs and watch the rest of the team go postal on their asses while they can't see anything, because there I get matched up with weaker teams, apparently, unlike one game on my primary, where it was me and three melee Ash'es.

This is no different then the old days of me and mates going Skag hunting in BL1 just to get the "Killed 2500 Skags", it's just there, either do it or don't. Nothing bad happens if you don't, nothing great happens if you do, the "reward" is just topping.

I want to shoot stuff here because the Borderland series is ending with the Pre-Sequel release, and nothing more interesting will get added.

No sarcasm in this or malice, but if this game is burning you out, you do need a break. We ran entire Borderlands 1/2, four player LAN weekends, so my tolerance to "shoot random stuff until my arms fall off" is incredibly high, hell, I'd prefer DE to take a look at BL "missions" and copy some of the concepts, I thought the mob mixes there always kept us on our toes, but alas, different games, different mechanics.

I realize it's an option to do these alerts or not, and I chose the option of doing them. [because I really have nothing to do except endlessly farm and level stuff] I'm just concerned that the kill requirement is quite high and will make the mission easily boring within seconds for most players. I'm perfectly fine with everything in these alerts except that high kill count. [Which I'm at 133 and still going as I'm posting this]

Your "kill 2500 skags" is a bad comparison because that is something you will earn as you do other stuff. Tactical alerts require you to go out of your way of doing stuff you want to do and require you you to play a specific gamemode and node.

Skags will appear all over the world in borderlands which will eventually result in you getting that achievement/challenge from all the skags that were just in your way and not skags that spawn in a specific small area.

I bet from all the 2500 skag you farmed some of them were not intentionally farmed but killed just because they attacked you at some point in the game without you even intentionally farming them.

As always I will take a break because I'm burnt out after this and then come back for another event that shows promise but that event will likely be another boring grindfest which will burn me out again.

DE had the potential to make these alerts not repetitive and easily boring, but they chose not to do. [For reasons unknown]

Edited by Sarmon

Nobody is reading the thread so I'll say it again.

I am doing the alert and I'm willing to finish it.

The issue is that the alert is incredibly repetitive and I will just lose my will to keep playing the game after I finish it. It's called "Burning out" I have better stuff to do than kill 200 hyenas and then kill more enemies just for the sake of farming after an incredibly boring and repetitive mission.

I'm basically suggesting reduced grind and farming so that players will do other things rather than doing grindy limited time missions and then leaving the game until another limited time event happens or a major update happens.

Welcome to Warframe, where literally EVERYTHING is repetitive.

Well i did the mission once, i love the fact that Hyenas are normal ennemies BUT i will not do the mission anymore

I am sick and tired of grinding, this game is the only one that makes me have months of break from it

I still love the game but repetition just kills the fun