The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quanta Vs Soma Vs Phage

SIipKnot

Question

9 answers to this question

As a person who has played both Phage and Quanta, I will give you some advice. 

*Phage: with my finest setup, my Phage can dish out 13k~14k DPS and never run out of ammo. However, the focus time of the beam (around 1s) can bug you up sometimes.

*Quanta: I tried every build, and for me the best build is to max out Secondary Fire damage. With pure DPS build, My quanta can deal around 10k DPS and consume ammo extremely quickly. But if you just build it with damage mod (Serration, Heavy Caliber and Elemental Mods), you can get around 8k DPS with normal fire and your Secondary Fire is very deadly.

So, if you aim for T4 Survival or any long-run game, choose Phage. In term of DPS and Crowd-Kill, that gun will not let you down. But if you like to play Defend (credit farming, helping newbie farm rank, etc...), then Quanta is the better choice. 

Edited by P.W.F

quanta runs out of ammo?

stop spam RMB

except that's what your supposed to do for maxed DPS

As a person who has played both Phage and Quanta, I will give you some advice. 

*Phage: with my finest setup, my Phage can dish out 13k~14k DPS and never run out of ammo. However, the focus time of the beam (around 1s) can bug you up sometimes.

*Quanta: I tried every build, and for me the best build is to max out Secondary Fire damage. With pure DPS build, My quanta can deal around 10k DPS and consume ammo extremely quickly. But if you just build it with damage mod (Serration, Heavy Caliber and Elemental Mods), you can get around 8k DPS with normal fire and your Secondary Fire is very deadly.

So, if you aim for T4 Survival or any long-run game, choose Phage. In term of DPS and Crowd-Kill, that gun will not let you down. But if you like to play Defend (credit farming, helping newbie farm rank, etc...), then Quanta is the better choice. 

I am pretty sure that phage has a 15k+ dps on warframe builder

except that's what your supposed to do for maxed DPS

I am pretty sure that phage has a 15k+ dps on warframe builder

Yeah if you try to build Max DPS (Shotgun Spazz) then Phage's damage can be montrously high. But I use Shotgun Ammo Mutation to keep my ammo always full. Phage is ammo efficiency, but only IF you can find shotgun ammo often enough to make up for the increase of fire rate, which can burn through your clip really fast (1.0 -> 1.9). Also, I think for Phage, the longer you can hold your fire without worrying about ammo problem, the better

Edited by P.W.F