The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback/rework

Lord_of_Time

I’m gonna try my hand at frame reworks. Opinions, criticisms and suggestions are welcome. WARNING you may not like my changes, they could be unbalanced, oh well. Feedback would be appreciated.

Oberon

Currently I feel that Oberon is just a squishy annoying priest that can’t really do anything good. I love his idea, theme and look but is executed in a way that wasn't very good. These changes to Oberon is one way to make Oberon more of a Paladin frame than the aforementioned priest.

I.        Smite doesn't smite anything not even spiders. Uses 25 energy

-      Creates a giant hammer where the target is causing

-      Causes 75/150/250/500 impact damage in the direct area while causing 50/75/100/200 radiation damage in a 10/20/30/40 meter radius

-      has a 40% chance to cause a radiation or blast proc, never both but is calculated per enemy.

-      cast range is the same as old smite, everything except the proc chance is effected by strength, and range mods, range increases the size of the initial hammer and the aftershock area effected.

II.        Hallowed Ground is now Aegis armor.

-      You and your allies gain a buff to your armor and regen. Uses 25 energy

-      Gain immunity to procs, while increases armor by 10%/20%/30%/40%, lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds

-      Regen 400/600/800/1000 health over the duration of this ability

-      Allies warframe gains bullet redirect, 30%/35%/40%/45% chance to redirect damage back at enemy.

III.        Renewal is now called Fervor/Faith. Costs 50 energy

-      You create a giant shield that you use to push enemies back. Note: the shield looks like a giant golden(energy color) shield.

-      Causes 50% knockdown and 50% stagger.

-      You charge forward for 15/20/25/30 meters causing 100/125/150/175 each of radiation and impact.

-      30% chance to radiation proc

-      You shield blocks attacks (ranged and melee) coming from the direction its facing but doesn't block auras

-      The shield is 4/6/8/10 meters across.

-      Also moddable through range, and power mods.

IV.        Reckoning is now called Reborn. You are reborn tenno as a new being of energy!! Costs 100 energy.

-      Oberon is coated in _insert_energy_color_here_ glow and now has glowing wings, and large horns.

-      Upon being Reborn you cause radiation 100/150/200/250 damage to burst out of you from where you were.

-      During the reborn process you are very fast. You don’t sprint or walk you float, your floating speed is equal to  sprinting speed. You float at 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 sprint speed.

-      While you are in your reborn state you can only melee, and whatever melee weapon you had is now a _insert_energy_color_here_ glowing mace  where you deal pure radiation 500/625/750/900 damage with each swing. Uses a special sword stance like valkyrs hysteria stance.

-      You are immune to all procs, effects and abilities, including other warframe abilities (may need to be reworked) and you have 500/1000/1500/2000 fossilized armor.

-      You also become a bigger target for enemies

-      At the end of your revival you are left with 25%/20%/15%/10% less health, and shields.

Stats Reworks

Health 150 up from 125 (400 up from 385 at rank 30)

Power  100 (225 up from 150 at rank 30)

Armor  150 up from 65

Shield Capacity 100 (300 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 1.0

Stamina        120 up from 100

Polarities       Stays the same 4 scratch and 2 V and V aura

So here it is, comment on how you think my rework is. It may be too radical but if it isn't radical, it just isn't fun. Give me your comments and suggestions :) Feedback would be appreciated.

EDIT: If this seems too extreme of a rework then I would suggest only smite get reworked because most of the damage doesn't even hit anybody. Also removed fire from fervor and decreased its damage. Removed the continuous energy drains and toned down some of Reborn's glowing aspects. Reworked Aegis armour.

Edited by Lord_of_Time

I’m gonna try my hand at frame reworks. Opinions, criticisms and suggestions are welcome. WARNING you may not like my changes, they could be unbalanced, oh well.

Oberon

Currently I feel that Oberon is just a squishy annoying priest that can’t really do anything good. I love his idea, theme and look but is executed in a way that wasn’t very good. These changes to Oberon is one way to make Oberon more of a Paladin frame than the aforementioned priest.

I.        Smite doesn’t smite anything not even spiders. Uses 25 energy

-      Creates a giant hammer where the target is causing

-      Causes 75/150/250/500 impact damage in the direct area while causing 50/75/100/200 radiation damage in a 10/20/30/40 meter radius

-      has a 40% chance to cause a radiation or blast proc, never both but is calculated per enemy.

-      cast range is the same as old smite, everything except the proc chance is effected by strength, and range mods, range increases the size of the initial hammer and the aftershock area effected.

II.        Hallowed Ground is now Aegis armor.

-      You and your allies gain a buff to your armor and regen, increased more if your health is lower and less if your health is higher. Uses 25 energy plus 12 energy a second.

-      For every % of health lost, armor % is increased by 1% and health regened is increased by 5/6/8/10.

-      100% health = 10%/12%/15%/20% armor increase plus 0 health regened over every 6/5/4.5/4 seconds while active

-      So at 2% health you have 118% armor increased plus 980 health regened over 4 seconds.

-      Please take note that the above calculations are for when the mod is at the 4th rank.

-      Strength mods affect only the armor increase %, and base health regened, the percentage multiplier cannot be increased. Duration increase the time it takes to heal.

III.        Renewal is now called Fervor/Faith. Costs 50 energy

-      You create a giant shield that you use to push enemies back. Note: the shield looks like a giant golden(energy color) shield.

-      Causes 50% knockdown and 50% stagger.

-      You charge forward for 15/20/25/30 meters causing 100/150/200/300 each of fire, radiation and impact.

-      30% chance to radiation proc, 20% chance to fire proc

-      You shield blocks attacks (ranged and melee) but doesn’t block auras

-      The shield is 4/6/8/10 meters across.

-      Also moddable through range, and power mods.

IV.        Reckoning is now called Reborn. You are reborn tenno as a new being of energy!! Costs 100 energy to be reborn but requires 15 energy a second.

-      Oberon is coated in _insert_energy_color_here_ glow and now has large glowy wings, and large horns.

-      Upon being Reborn you cause radiation100/150/200/250 damage to burst out of you from where you were.

-      During the reborn process you are very fast. You don’t sprint or walk you float, your floating speed is equal to sprinting speed. You float at 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 sprint speed.

-      While you are in your reborn state you can only melee, and whatever melee weapon you had is now a _insert_energy_color_here_ glowing mace or sword (depending on what you had) where you deal pure radiation 500/625/750/900 damage with each swing. Uses a special sword stance like valkyrs hysteria stance.

-      You are immune to all procs, effects and abilities, including other warframe abilities (may need to be reworked). Has 500/1000/1500/2000 fossilized armour.

-      You also become a bigger target for enemies

-      At the end of your revival you are left with 25%/20%/15%/10% less health, and shields.

Stats Reworks

Health 150 up from 125 (400 up from 385 at rank 30)

Power  100 (225 up from 150 at rank 30)

Armor  150 up from 65

Shield Capacity 100 (300 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 1.0

Stamina        120 up from 100

Polarities       Stays the same 4 scratch and 2 V and V aura

So here it is, comment on how you think my rework is. It may be too radical but if it isn’t radical it just isn’t fun. Give me your comments and suggestions :) 

Look @ my thread for some more discussions on Oberon: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/244085-oberons-role-and-rework/

You could have just suggested a new Warframe. The changes are too radical in my opinion, because Oberon was supposed to be a secondary healer able to deal damage as well. You took away all of his healing abilities, and turned him into a Rhino with armor and damage buffs.

go play wow if u want a paladin

During one of the Devstreams the devs themselves said oberon was supposed to be paladin like, and they also said that they need to make him more paladin like so i just thought i would put out my suggestion, also Wow sucks

You could have just suggested a new Warframe. The changes are too radical in my opinion, because Oberon was supposed to be a secondary healer able to deal damage as well. You took away all of his healing abilities, and turned him into a Rhino with armor and damage buffs.

Aegis armor is a team buff that heals and buffs allies.

I disagree. I feel that DE has done an excellent job in stepping outside the typical tropes and creating something interesting - the abilities are very paladin-esq (Hallowed Ground = Consecration, for example, and Reckoning has a VERY brute-force paladin feel to it), but you can tell by his appearance alone he is ALSO meant to be very druid like, and abilities like Renewal and Smite carry that feel - as well as does his design.

The numbers on him could stand to be tweaked, aye, but a complete ability overhaul IS NOT something I would consider an option - ESPECIALLY if it just turns him into a paladin clone who looks like a druid.

The thing is, Oberon doesn't need to be better. He was intended to be a jack-of-all-trades Warframe. He's not supposed to be great at any one role, merely satisfactory.

I don't think Mere satisfactory can work in warframe though.  There's not 151 Warframes to build and max, so everyone should be special in some way.  (Excalibur will always be an exception imo).  As it stands, Oberon doesn't seem to stand out like the other warframes. 

general feedback: remove the channeling costs from the abilities and i think he'd be golden with your suggested kit., (if his abilities DID cost energy to channel, you'd need max rage, flow, efficiency, and power damage to even make use of his kit)

Smite:i agree with your changes to smite, although personally i'd rather  see a bolt of lightning fall from the sky and deal electric damage/procs on enemies in a balanced radius.

Aegis Armor: maybe remove the "i have to risk my allies death to give them full benefits" from the suggested 2 and just do a moderately balanced boost to health regen and armor and i think he'd be solid in that department. (otherwise it'd be a time released equivalent of old blessing combined with Warcry)

Fervor/Faith:great  concept, maybe reduce the energy cost/remove the damage attributes so it'd be a cheap costing pure CC power that wouldn't have scaling issues like the full damage doing 1s at level 40-50 enemies.

Reborn:i get it he's a paladin, but instead of all that meticulus animation requirement, why not just have oberon just do a Radiation equivalent to WoF? but instead of lava eruptions, just have him glow brightly and deal X radiation damage/second within Y range for Z seconds? sometimes less can be more in terms of efficiency.

general feedback: remove the channeling costs from the abilities and i think he'd be golden with your suggested kit., (if his abilities DID cost energy to channel, you'd need max rage, flow, efficiency, and power damage to even make use of his kit)

Smite:i agree with your changes to smite, although personally i'd rather  see a bolt of lightning fall from the sky and deal electric damage/procs on enemies in a balanced radius.

Aegis Armor: maybe remove the "i have to risk my allies death to give them full benefits" from the suggested 2 and just do a moderately balanced boost to health regen and armor and i think he'd be solid in that department. (otherwise it'd be a time released equivalent of old blessing combined with Warcry)

Fervor/Faith:great  concept, maybe reduce the energy cost/remove the damage attributes so it'd be a cheap costing pure CC power that wouldn't have scaling issues like the full damage doing 1s at level 40-50 enemies.

Reborn:i get it he's a paladin, but instead of all that meticulus animation requirement, why not just have oberon just do a Radiation equivalent to WoF? but instead of lava eruptions, just have him glow brightly and deal X radiation damage/second within Y range for Z seconds? sometimes less can be more in terms of efficiency.

I like your style. You balance things well :)