Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or De Are The Biggest Borderlands 2 Fan-Boys Ever?

yarash2110

i mean these 2 games are so similar, sure they are different types of games and all but they are pretty similar, so both got damage and elemental damage types, both are RPG type games, both have procs and RNG,

and look at the first warframes that there were!

although they are not the same there are pretty similar atleast with some abilities, loki-zero mag-siren rhino and the gunzerker are only similar because they are both tanky characters... nothing else i believe

there are a lot more similarities that i thought about but forgot what they were while writing this topic....

i really have no point with this, just thought about it

warframe was thought of WAY WAY before borderlands came out.

The rng came out before borderlands. mag to siren? sorta not really. gunzerker to rhino? no Zero to loki? no

i can name of a million games borderlands could have ripped their characters from. It is just a broad topic.Rng?loot?Damage(cant believe you said this)? Elemental mods? You could just say the game has similar aspects.

Edited by n0lyfe

warframe was thought of WAY WAY before borderlands came out.

The rng came out before borderlands. mag to siren? sorta not really. gunzerker to rhino? no Zero to loki? no

i can name of a million games borderlands could have ripped their characters from. It is just a broad topic.Rng?loot?Damage(cant believe you said this)? Elemental mods? You could just say the game has similar aspects.

that was kind of what i said, and you got to be half blind to not see the similarity 

i didn't say they copied them or anything... im a big fan of warframe and DE, i'm just saying they are pretty similar

Welcome to this style of game in general. They are fairly similar in a number of ways, but they're mostly coincidence than anything else. Borderlands has, however, helped to shape the genre, so other games are going to follow its general direction even if they don't take direct inspiration from it. The similarities in 'frames you've described, though, are complete coincidence. They are tried-and-true gaming tropes that have been around for a long, long while. Heck, they're not even exclusive to video games, and many are simply old literary tropes re-adapted into gaming platforms.

i mean these 2 games are so similar, sure they are different types of games and all but they are pretty similar, so both got damage and elemental damage types, both are RPG type games, both have procs and RNG,

Those things are common on RPGs, Borderlands wasn´t the first game to have these things either.

And Warframe, although it has a similar damage system, does not really have as much similarities with Borderlands as other games do. Defiance and Borderlans for example are much more similar than Warframe and Borderlans.

Edited by Nachino

wtf. stop comparing warframe to games like that.

they're nothing alike. you're just finding excuses to say that they're similar.

and you're saying rhino and gun zerker are similar because they're both tanky?... wow idek anymore...

Edited by Currystador

wtf. stop comparing warframe to games like that.

they're nothing alike. you're just finding excuses to say that they're similar.

and you're saying rhino and gun zerker are similar because they're both tanky?... wow idek anymore...

dude stop freaking out, i was just saying my opinion, and alright rhino and gunzerker are not similar but the others are, and yes they are similar 

Those things are common on RPGs, Borderlands wasn´t the first game to have these things either.

And Warframe, although it has a similar damage system, does not really have as much similarities with Borderlands as other games do. Defiance and Borderlans for example are much more similar than Warframe and Borderlans.

well i guess that warframe and borderlands 2 are the only games that i know that are like that,

I tried out BL2 and really the gun play is nice but it felt lacking, like just having the gun was good and all but where was the modabilty to make a gun stronger or better looking and Zero the 'melee/stealth' frame didn't even feel all that good to me.   I didn't like it gameplay wise but humor wise it was good.

Warframe is more akin to say a old fashion RPG with a sci-fi take since they mostly based it off Guyver and the sort.   I forgot the book series they paid some homage to though.   BL2 is a good shooter but it lacks what Warframe just thrives in.   Also ammo cap felt too low for my tastes.

That's kind of like saying that apples copied bananas because they both are edible and have seeds.

The things you mention are some pretty standard game elements.

i didn't say they copied them or anything... im a big fan of warframe and DE, i'm just saying they are pretty similar

well i guess that warframe and borderlands 2 are the only games that i know that are like that,