Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Most Favourite Mathematical Formula?

Renegade343

No. I already know what limits are. What I mean is for that question you gave me, what are the limits? 

usually proving the limits are to n or infinity if i remembered correctly.

Maybe. 

Teach me senpai!

Edited by Jacate

usually proving the limits are to n or infinity if i remembered correctly.

Alright then, since I was wondering if that particular question would have x having a limit between -2π to 2π or something of the sort (i.e.: Not infinity). 

EDIT: Re-read the question, and I already solved it in my mind. And I think it should be sin(x)' = cos(x), not sin(x)' = -cos(x), if we use limits. 

Edited by Renegade343

Alright then, since I was wondering if that particular question would have x having a limit between -2π to 2π or something of the sort (i.e.: Not infinity). 

EDIT: Re-read the question, and I already solved it in my mind. And I think it should be sin(x)' = cos(x), not sin(x)' = -cos(x), if we use limits. 

yep, i messed up on the differential of sin(x)' to cos(x) XD

Oh Math HL and IB, spare my pitiable soul please!

Yes. 

Oh so you are a survivor! I need a ride quick, my boats sinking from all the thinking. Right now the worse thing that i fear is PGF euler's distribution.... if i even got that right. What option topic did you take for math hl?

Oh so you are a survivor! I need a ride quick, my boats sinking from all the thinking. Right now the worse thing that i fear is PGF euler's distribution.... if i even got that right. What option topic did you take for math hl?

Further Statistics and Probability (although I tend to forget the things within that particular option, for some reason. I fare better when I self-studied set theory options). 

Further Statistics and Probability (although I tend to forget the things within that particular option, for some reason. I fare better when I self-studied set theory options). 

HAHHAHAH we are on the same options too! I read up abit on set theory but couldn't find the actual book to self study. Also since the math HL IA syllabus kinda changed recently where a research into a math topic with a self defined question, i have managed to acquire discrete mathematics options textbook for it..... but i can't self study that thing because i hardly get it beyond what i needed it for and IB exams is within 2 months...... i fear so much!

Oh also since you kinda like math, i tried doing some math regarding the total customizational options within warframe https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/296754-skill-tree-to-co-exist-with-modding-system-customization-mega-suggestion/#entry3380195.

Not to promote the thread, but if you want to look at the third post, within each spoiler is the estimate total customization option for modding vs the possibilities of a upgrade tree. Don't look at the first two post, it is plainly words. I don't mind if you can help confirm is the maths is alright in the third post.

Edited by Jacate

HAHHAHAH we are on the same options too! I read up abit on set theory but couldn't find the actual book to self study. Also since the math HL IA syllabus kinda changed recently where a research into a math topic with a self defined question, i have managed to acquire discrete mathematics options textbook for it..... but i can't self study that thing because i hardly get it beyond what i needed it for and IB exams is within 2 months...... i fear so much!

Oh also since you kinda like math, i tried doing some math regarding the total customizational options within warframe https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/296754-skill-tree-to-co-exist-with-modding-system-customization-mega-suggestion/#entry3380195.

Not to promote the thread, but if you want to look at the third post, within each spoiler is the estimate total customization option for modding vs the possibilities of a upgrade tree. Don't look at the first two post, it is plainly words. I don't mind if you can help confirm is the maths is alright in the third post.

I would need time over the weekend to read over the whole thing. 

I still need time to go over how you got the numbers and such (since I am working on other things right now). 

ok good luck with work then! Off to sleep in my timezone, and prelims tomorrow GAH!

Edited by Jacate