Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 8 Clan Update - The Concerning Issue On Resources And Competition

MetaMortred

Hello to all fellow Tenno,

Steve mentioned that there will be a competition among clans to become the very best, and there will be pooling of resources. The first thing that comes to mind is that this means the more players in a clan - mean a more powerful clan, which breaks the whole concept of what a clan stands for.

I currently hold a very private clan with only the ones I play with and know to be good people, our clan is like a family - we dont know each other but we connected trough warframe, and we are happy. We grow but very slowly.

What I wanted to say is that if the new update is going to concentrate on numbers again its gonna most likely suck. I can see the best clans being those of reddit and 4chan and other gaming giants that dont really participate in the spirit of the clan and are in essence leaderless.

My proposed solution is a punishment system. The more clan members should mean the more responsibility for that clan. If a clan member does not perform it should affect the entire clan. Even if it is 1 person in a clan of 100 people. All 100 should be punished, they can either help that clan member improve, or simply kick him out. Sure . . . some clans will kick out everyone that doesnt perform well . . . and some will help each other to grow and become stronger . . . that is what it should be! every clan with their own culture! freedom of doing what you want! Your a clan leader and want to be a ruthless tyrant! go ahead! but dont be surprised if people start to leave you! if you want to be a kind democrat! good for you then.

This punishment system will help people come together and help each other improve. and the clans that have hundreds of unknown members will be punished for not really being in to the clan. It will encourage them to join a clan that is truly their family and not some unknown group of dudes. It will help them truly socialize.

I know many of you will disagree but think about it real hard and tell me that you too know that the clan thing will doom the concept of the game if implemented purely based on numbers!!

also, pooling of resources and sharing of components should be very limited or should be given with cost. You want 100 rubedo? its gonna cost you 2000 credits. Orikin cell? 1000 transaction fee . . .and such to prevent the game from breaking.

I agree and I've had similar concerns. I also lead a smaller clan in terms of size, and the prospect of clans being beneficial only if they're large isn't very exciting for me. I do think clans should have some kind of edge if they have a substantial membership, but that shouldn't be the only means of being a powerful clan either. It's a difficult balancing act for sure, and clan competition will be an optional aspect of the game, but the more people DE can include in their game features the better for all.

How will that affect casual players or people that "aren't as good?" Seems like they would be without a clan & forced to go it alone. Maybe require more responsibility (such as training lower ranked players) in order to gain rank or prestige within the clan... Just some thoughts.

If all its going to take for a clan to be successful and the "best" and therefore to reap all these supposed rewards, then lets all just make one big clan and everybody just join that. That way we can all trade with each other and share all rewards.

yeah, right... see why that won't work? I agree with the op - the true measure of success must not be something so simplistic and shallow as just having superior numbers.

Yeah, I'm really hoping it doesn't end up being the case. Even for a successful clan I imagine it wouldn't be very rewarding to think, "Hey, we're a boss clan because we got mad l33t mat farmers." Hopefully before Update 8 hits they can quell some of these speculations.

The only way that dawns on me they could balance it out between clans of varying sizes is to limit the intake of mats a dojo can acquire, be it daily or hourly or something. That way smaller and larger clans would have an equal opportunity for building dojos at a similar pace, while larger clans would still have a slight advantage of having available members at the ready to use their mats.

It's all speculation at this point anyway, but there's plenty of routes they can go with it I suppose. Just makes me look forward to it all the more haha.

If there is a monopoly then there will be mechanics to work around it, if and only if this competition is more important than just getting on some leaderboards. I've got a feeling any kind of rewards will be open to all clans to obtain through their own metagame.

My hope is that even clans of one person can still participate and get their rewards they earn.

If there is a monopoly then there will be mechanics to work around it, if and only if this competition is more important than just getting on some leaderboards. I've got a feeling any kind of rewards will be open to all clans to obtain through their own metagame.

My hope is that even clans of one person can still participate and get their rewards they earn.

I agree. Numbers should not be the main purpose, performance should be! and those who underperform will try harder to become better. It is a self sustaining idea!!

Bleh. If it's gonna be "who has the most peeps wins" it's gonna suck, but your "solution" is basically just doing the inverse where you flat out discourage and punish larger clans. They should rather make it so having the most members isn't an uber advantage and low sized clans are competitive. Don't really have a very good idea right now, but a diminishing returns kind of system might be a start.

I only have 2 people in mine and it won't change ever unless I move to a location with a better connection which I won't be. So does it mean i'm excluded from the content?   I mean I literally can't play with others in any games other than in my own area, and only one other person likes this game.

Edited by BloodDoll