Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Steam Overlay Not Working With Dx11?

SgtFlex

Question

So I have a 64 bit machine, running 64 bit mode and running dx11 when I saw that apparently a few people aren't having issues with the steam overlay. I went ahead to give it another go and it still doesn't work. I've been running DX9 this entire time because of the incovenience of having to Alt+Tab everytime I want to talk. Anyone have any ideas? This bugs me quite a lot, especially when I have more than enough to run it

specs if they have anything to do with it

GTX650

i5 2500k overlclocked 4.0ghz

8gb Ram

Windows 8 x64

6 answers to this question

do you have your steam overlay set to always be on top?

Little confused by what you mean set to top? I dont see this option in the settings at all in steam

Try switching game to 32 bit mode.

Didn't work either

I believe it's a bug with Steam interacting with x64 software on Windows 8. You may want to try the beta version of Steam.

Strange, trying to update to beta right now... taking a long time though, not even a KB in yet. Feel like it's not working...

I believe it's a bug with Steam interacting with x64 software on Windows 8. You may want to try the beta version of Steam.

That actually worked once it fully updated, thanks! Hopefully this will be of use to anyone else having this problem. Think it's probably exclusive to Windows 8 im guessing.