The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

New Excavation Mission Has Unplayable Fps And Crashes

Rollerlane

so i decided to play the new excavation mission on earth, aaaaaand the game froze and crashed on me. so i tried again and as soon as i loaded in with my team, the game froze again. i messaged my friend on steam who was in the squad with me and he said it was frozen too. so i lowered my settings to the lowest possible and went in by myself and my FPS was capped at 6, what did you do DE.. what amazing new thing did you add that completely crashed my PC when loading in. please fix this IMMEDIATELY, if this new mission is only going to be around for 5 days and the point is to survive and get points then at least make it playable

oh, and before someone says "get a better computer" i run the game at max settings with 120 FPS. 

Got the same issue. May have to do with the DirectX 10 thing, or maybe the level-loading function. Not too sure, but I've got a lag-out that basically failed my run with three other poor souls, me being the host, and we lost a lot of rare drops, the new stance included. Quite sad. 

Strange I play on a 4 year old laptop and I didn't have this problem (Had my usual FPS problem with the earth tile set but it never crashed/froze) 

My advise is to try and get someone to taxi you to one of the other two event nods to see if it is a problem caused by Earth. 

i hope its just earth, what are the other tilesets? the only boss i didnt do yet is the Hyena Pack cuz no one does the missions preceding them and this game isnt meant to solo, which personally pisses me off because the difficulty system is broken as F*** 

i hope its just earth, what are the other tilesets? the only boss i didnt do yet is the Hyena Pack cuz no one does the missions preceding them and this game isnt meant to solo, which personally &!$$es me off because the difficulty system is broken as F*** 

It's totally broken. But still solo-able for the regular bosses. Stuff gets harder for very specific mission types, though, especially for solo players. Interception being one of them. It's pretty nuts. The difficulty is a little all-over-the-place. So far, though, Europa's seems to be doing well. You'll easily hit 3000 there, too, no problem.

I didn't crash once and been playing on the Earth event for quite some time now. Though the game is pretty unplayable because of the immense lag despite the ping limiter... Everything is fine for the first couple of minutes, then I see people rubberbanding all over, enemies never appear and extractors are somehow invisible (similar to the doors that never open for certain people when there's lag)...

Tried to solo and got about 1200 points but I haven't been able to enjoy the event at all, most likely will miss out on the Latron Wraith because of this :/

Edited by CapricaSix

I didn't crash once and been playing on the Earth event for quite some time now. Though the game is pretty unplayable because of the immense lag despite the ping limiter... Everything is fine for the first couple of minutes, then I see people rubberbanding all over, enemies never appear and extractors are somehow invisible (similar to the doors that never open for certain people when there's lag)...

Tried to solo and got about 1200 points but I haven't been able to enjoy the event at all, most likely will miss out on the Latron Wraith because of this :/

Dude. Play Europa. You still have five days, and Europa gives you far more points for Excavator. Pretty neat. You can try doing it with Frost, slow and steady-like. 

Dude. Play Europa. You still have five days, and Europa gives you far more points for Excavator. Pretty neat. You can try doing it with Frost, slow and steady-like. 

I just did that earlier, had to leech off my team since the enemies didn't spawn at all on my screen because of lag (in all 4 games I tried/left). Waiting around for them to get over 3k points and then rushing to extraction... The shame. :| ..but I have it now, cheers anyway.

I just did that earlier, had to leech off my team since the enemies didn't spawn at all on my screen because of lag (in all 4 games I tried/left). Waiting around for them to get over 3k points and then rushing to extraction... The shame. :| ..but I have it now, cheers anyway.

Cheers indeed! Try to solo it now :D

Gotta say, it's far easier to solo survival now that you don't have to frantically murder-ise wave after wave of oxygen-carrying hum-bugs. Now you can get rewards as a little extra bonus, for keeping the extractors alive while doing what a Tenno does best!

We're like Tigger. But with guns and chainsaws.

Cheers indeed! Try to solo it now :D

Gotta say, it's far easier to solo survival now that you don't have to frantically murder-ise wave after wave of oxygen-carrying hum-bugs. Now you can get rewards as a little extra bonus, for keeping the extractors alive while doing what a Tenno does best!

We're like Tigger. But with guns and chainsaws.

Tigger? like from Winnie the Pooh? :D

I would solo it if I wasn't playing with a controller, RMA'd my mouse and waiting for its arrival. It's a torture aiming at things with this monstrosity! Kind of surprised at the lack of lag complaints though, can I really be the only one having this issue ;_;

so i decided to play the new excavation mission on earth, aaaaaand the game froze and crashed on me. so i tried again and as soon as i loaded in with my team, the game froze again. i messaged my friend on steam who was in the squad with me and he said it was frozen too. so i lowered my settings to the lowest possible and went in by myself and my FPS was capped at 6, what did you do DE.. what amazing new thing did you add that completely crashed my PC when loading in. please fix this IMMEDIATELY, if this new mission is only going to be around for 5 days and the point is to survive and get points then at least make it playable

oh, and before someone says "get a better computer" i run the game at max settings with 120 FPS. 

Playable for me and I don't even get 120fps on max.