Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To Warframe

imkain

Question

I am sure there are plenty of forum threads that express the changes and additions to the game since initial release. I recently started playing yesterday after the much anticipated 14.5 mod update. I like the new changes from when I played the game when it came out.

I would like to know a few things about Warframe:

1. How do you earn more credits? 

2. Is it easy to gain materials to make weapons/warframes/etc from blueprints? How long would this take?

I am currently using the Excalibur Warframe Level 10, Skana Level 8, the fully automatic assault rifle that you start off with. So I am attempting to see what the best direction is to go.

Please provide me with some advice, tips, tricks, etc; if you feel up to it.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards,

Kain

5 answers to this question

1)  simply run missions.  Dark Sectors can earn you some decent credits, so doing those when they aren't in conflict (and not being taxed into the ground by the owners) can lead to decent credit income.  There's also alerts with high credit rewards, or battle pay from invasions.

2)  The beginning is the toughest for players that want to get new things right away.  Most crafting requires you to get in about 4 planets to unlock areas that drop a wide assortment of resources.  Once you have access to them, then crafting becomes quite simple in most cases.

If you ever need information, we have quite the thorough wiki for this game:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

I find Defense the most profitable way to rake in mods and resources, I have an entire five leveled dojo with most of the bells and whistles in it and still have a throne made out of credits sitting in an ocean of nanospores because of doing high-tiered defense missions so it's probably a good place to start, also Extractors help out a lot when you're not online.

1. Credits are to out it very basically, earned from playing missions of every single kind.  You can also sell items in your inventory for credits, although I wouldn't advise it unless the time is completely redundant to you, or you are out of slots,or you have duplicates. Duplicates of mods are useful though, see Fusion.

2.Well, it depends on the materials. Some materials, like Ferrite, are more common than raindrops in a heavy shower. Others, like Morphics, and Nueral Sensors, are relatively rare. The one big problem with farming anything, be it blueprints, or resources, is RNG [Random Number Generator], which is the in-game mechanic which decides your rewards. And RNG is a d*ck. Most of the time. However, resources drop like crazy on Void and Delerict Missions.

Remember, bro....Google is your best friend. Be wary of topics older than June 2014, though...