The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Game Mode? Awesome. Average Random Players? Nope.

Vicious_Raptor

It's really frustrating how people either don't read or don't understand patch notes, especially when it comes to game modes. I love Excavation's mechanics (except for the fact that cells are delivered to machines as soon as you walk by), but really people on public matchmaking make it impossible to play properly. I try to instruct them and suggest them what to do (f.e. : "protect extractors", "stop feeding those f*cking cells to the scanner when we have sites uncovered", "stop activating all three extractors at the same time if you can't manage to prevent a single one from getting destroyed", etc).

Right now the only way to play it the way it's meant to is through a very selective recruitment or playing with premade friends/clanmates/alliance mates etc.

I know it's not a DE problem, but people doesn't seem to be able to read and/or listen to what Lotus says. Could it be possible to introduce a tutorial for all these less-than-smart people on Warframe? It would make the game much more enjoyable for everyone. Especially for me, I'm so sick of these situations.

d02e5e639a.jpg

Thanks for the attention, best regards.

I think its time for player commands. Such as one oders the other to defend, and the command remains on thier screen till the object is gone. How it could work is you aim at the extractor, hold the waypoint marker button, and you get a small menu such as attack or defend, then on selection you select the player through the same menu.

Because of language barriers, the command would show up in thier language because thier game is set to it already, the would get the command at the top of the screen and a personal waypoint.

Some people are just slow learner, there are people who still keeps triggering every Life Support at T3 Survival.

Being a slow learner is not an excuse for spending one hour, getting dozens of excavators destroyed. Come on, by the 100th "Excavator destroyed. Defend the remaining dig sites." they should've understood they actually have to protect them..

I think its time for player commands. Such as one oders the other to defend, and the command remains on thier screen till the object is gone. How it could work is you aim at the extractor, hold the waypoint marker button, and you get a small menu such as attack or defend, then on selection you select the player through the same menu.

Because of language barriers, the command would show up in thier language because thier game is set to it already, the would get the command at the top of the screen and a personal waypoint.

^ this could be a solution here

Edited by AgonEyes

It's really frustrating how people either don't read or don't understand patch notes, especially when it comes to game modes. I love Excavation's mechanics (except for the fact that cells are delivered to machines as soon as you walk by), but really people on public matchmaking make it impossible to play properly. I try to instruct them and suggest them what to do (f.e. : "protect extractors", "stop feeding those f*cking cells to the scanner when we have sites uncovered", "stop activating all three extractors at the same time if you can't manage to prevent a single one from getting destroyed", etc).

Right now the only way to play it the way it's meant to is through a very selective recruitment or playing with premade friends/clanmates/alliance mates etc.

I know it's not a DE problem, but people doesn't seem to be able to read and/or listen to what Lotus says. Could it be possible to introduce a tutorial for all these less-than-smart people on Warframe? It would make the game much more enjoyable for everyone. Especially for me, I'm so sick of these situations.

d02e5e639a.jpg

Thanks for the attention, best regards.

I agree with you, I did a run with some randoms and one of them kept running towards multiple extractors when we already had enough on our hands causing us to leave with just 1k... I think this game needs serious communication for this mission and I mean that there should be a message exclusively for this mission that says LISTEN TO WHAT LOTUS SAYS! I did the extraction mission myself solo once and I got all there was to know about it, must be newbies jumping in with no experience.