Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

loki switch tp vs defend pod

historyboi

switch teleport is not a good skill

must be considered because ...

While there are a variety things you can do with it, neither is really profitable when compared with the benefits of the other skills.

switch teleport costs much power, is not really useful, is not really significant in battle, is difficult to use efficiently and does little overall tactical support

I like the skill but, not necessarily need to be cheapened may need to be removed, replaced by another more useful. I'm just saying ...

Switch teleport #1 use: Getting through bugged doors.

This hasn't worked for me as of late, would rather have a normal teleport skill instead of switch teleport, or something else useful. Switch tele is often used to bug maps, glitch outside of them, and they tend not to have any other real use. (no one uses it for a tactical means of switch a boss into a group in 3 corners to attack the boss better as it is just easier to goto the boss and make use of decoy)

This hasn't worked for me as of late, would rather have a normal teleport skill instead of switch teleport, or something else useful. Switch tele is often used to bug maps, glitch outside of them, and they tend not to have any other real use. (no one uses it for a tactical means of switch a boss into a group in 3 corners to attack the boss better as it is just easier to goto the boss and make use of decoy)

Actually did this last night. There was a door that was glitched and appeared closed on my screen, but the other guy could walk through it. He was Loki and got me through with Switch Teleport. Loki "game debugger".

That aside, I really think the Switch Teleport could used more range. There are lots of times I am being shot at by enemies from high ground positions in a large room and I have to practically run directly under them to get within range of the skill. It makes it very impractical, as if I could move that close while under fire, I would not have needed to use it in the first place. I can throw out the Decoy farther than the range of the Swap Teleport as well. I think the range should be increased to match that of Decoy's.

Also, I'd like for the skill to be given some sort of soft auto-target component. Often I will be trying to use the ability against an enemy that's visble, but behind piece of cover and the ability will give me an "invalid target" error. If I stop and take the time to find and target the tiny bit of their hitbox the game does recognize, I'm sure I could get the ability to work then. But then again, if I had the luxary of doing that, I would not need to use the ability at all. As it is, Swap Teleport is too inefficient to use in the midst of heavy combat. It's mostly useful for getting past glitches or just to troll your team by swapping places with someone who's run up farther than you.

I would ask for it to be changed to just a regular teleport, as I would often like to teleport TO an enemy to kill them, and not just change places with them; making closing the distance to reach them still an issue. But I know the Teleport ability is already assigned to Ash, so it wouldn't be feasible.

Edited by Ryme

i normally place decoy then switch with that to either skip parts of a room or if i feel like getting out of the map

decoy on top of a light + switch teleport = spacewalk on hull of ship.

I for one would cry if they removed that, its one of the fun little "bugs" a game should have. Like in Super Marrior 3 when you can run behind all the guy on a level.

Actually did this last night. There was a door that was glitched and appeared closed on my screen, but the other guy could walk through it. He was Loki and got me through with Switch Teleport. Loki "game debugger".

That aside, I really think the Switch Teleport could used more range. There are lots of times I am being shot at by enemies from high ground positions in a large room and I have to practically run directly under them to get within range of the skill. It makes it very impractical, as if I could move that close while under fire, I would not have needed to use it in the first place. I can throw out the Decoy farther than the range of the Swap Teleport as well. I think the range should be increased to match that of Decoy's.

Also, I'd like for the skill to be given some sort of soft auto-target component. Often I will be trying to use the ability against an enemy that's visble, but behind piece of cover and the ability will give me an "invalid target" error. If I stop and take the time to find and target the tiny bit of their hitbox the game does recognize, I'm sure I could get the ability to work then. But then again, if I had the luxary of doing that, I would not need to use the ability at all. As it is, Swap Teleport is too inefficient to use in the midst of heavy combat. It's mostly useful for getting past glitches or just to troll your team by swapping places with someone who's run up farther than you.

I would ask for it to be changed to just a regular teleport, as I would often like to teleport TO an enemy to kill them, and not just change places with them; making closing the distance to reach them still an issue. But I know the Teleport ability is already assigned to Ash, so it wouldn't be feasible.

Actually the ST came in handy the other night. We were on Jackal and for whatever reason we got to his room and he didn't come up his elevator of doom when we entered the room. So we ran to the hole and well....fell in.

Two Lokis, a Mag and a Trinity stuck in a hole where the boss didn't spawn from. ST helped us get out of that mess and eventually Jackal did spawn. Probably the funniest "umm....s*** now what?" moments I've had in this game.

Actually the ST came in handy the other night. We were on Jackal and for whatever reason we got to his room and he didn't come up his elevator of doom when we entered the room. So we ran to the hole and well....fell in.

Two Lokis, a Mag and a Trinity stuck in a hole where the boss didn't spawn from. ST helped us get out of that mess and eventually Jackal did spawn. Probably the funniest "umm....s*** now what?" moments I've had in this game.

Again, it's mainly useful to get around glitches I've had two or three games where I've used ST to get around a glitched door or terrain. Yesterday was the first time someone used it on me to get past a glitch.

Again, it's mainly useful to get around glitches I've had two or three games where I've used ST to get around a glitched door or terrain. Yesterday was the first time someone used it on me to get past a glitch.

Downside is if you join a game with glitched anything and you dont have the energy to make use of it. Which has been just about every time I actually wanted to use it;p

Edited by endevite

True, I'm willing to bet it will have its uses further on as they upgrade the difficulty etc.

I've used it a few times to get buddies out of harms way when they're low on health.

Perhaps we're not thinking about this in the way the Devs intened us to? They clearly put it in the game with an intended purpose which at the moment most of us are not sure about.

Edited by UbaStij

True, I'm willing to bet it will have its uses further on as they upgrade the difficulty etc.

I've used it a few times to get buddies out of harms way when they're low on health.

Perhaps we're not thinking about this in the way the Devs intened us to? They clearly put it in the game with an intended purpose which at the moment most of us are not sure about.

Could also have been used because it was already made for an enemy units use and they didn't have an idea for the 3rd ability. ;p

if you know how to use it, the loki switch teleport can be a vary useull thing when combined with loki's other skills.

switch tp and cloak to a group of hostiles. and using the dual skana's 3 hostile spetial, you can make quick work of any large group.

also i found out exactly hos a loki is able to get outside of the map. the decoy that he switches to is clipped partway into a wall or roof thus when you switch tp to it, you are then clipped the same way and are able to walk through it as if it was not there.

Edited by historyboi

Based on the Dev diary videos, they were really stoked on the ability because it's a cool concept. How it was implemented for player use leaves much to be desired. It is not a bad idea, but I think the ability itself could be tweeked to be much more effective and uself. It just feels too limited and inefficient to be useful when the sh*t hits the fan.