The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Melee Damage - Unwanted Bug Or Nerf?

Ketec

With the  enemy AI related update ( how they alertness etc changes when hit after blinded etc)  - first noticed with radial blind '(excalibur) where often only first hit is crit - and sometimes not even that.

The same thing seems to apply to loki/ash stealth. The stealth melee bonus is as  good as gone.

You get the first hit bonus only ( even worse for low damage fast hitting weapons).

Can understand blindness/stun - but when invisible.. .they still cant see your next attack - even if they know you hit them once. They simply cant see when and from where you attack.

Yet only the very first attack on enemy seems to  add the 400% bonus regardless of the angle of attack.

If you bump into the enemy they become aware of your presence and you lose the SDM for a few seconds.  As long as your body doesn't make contact with theirs you will not lose the SDM.

that's near impossible in basically all  infested etc missions  where enemy comes in large groups. It might work if u pick off single enemies.

that's near impossible in basically all  infested etc missions  where enemy comes in large groups. It might work if u pick off single enemies.

Long weapons make it easier but, basically, unlimited free SDM is gone as a mechanic.  The worst part of it is seen by the shorter, faster melee weapons as they see the least benefit, but that's what slide attacks are for.  

yeah i feel they need to give it back to invis champs. It makes melee only more appealing, opens up different build paths and makes sense. Severeal years of having trained in blind fighting [opponents may as well be invis] yo can kinda gauge what to expect and how to react, but generally hitting critical areas on the "blind" target is still easy. Blind i get, invis i dont.

As someone who is a huge farn of loki and melee combat i can only say that i lost all interest in playing melee entirely after this "change". You already have huge dmg falloff at a certain moblvl and now the only thing that kept melee being relevant on long survival runs is being taken from us. Im not happy at all, in fact this will be the decider for a longer break from this game as i mostly went with my melee weapon only wich is now not an option anymore. All in all that was not needed at all, nobody called for it and stealth dmg was not op in any way (especially since headshots are pretty much impossible with most melee weapons with fex exceptions). Thats my 2 cents on that matter and I sincerely hope this gets reverted ASAP.

As someone who is a huge farn of loki and melee combat i can only say that i lost all interest in playing melee entirely after this "change". You already have huge dmg falloff at a certain moblvl and now the only thing that kept melee being relevant on long survival runs is being taken from us. Im not happy at all, in fact this will be the decider for a longer break from this game as i mostly went with my melee weapon only wich is now not an option anymore. All in all that was not needed at all, nobody called for it and stealth dmg was not op in any way (especially since headshots are pretty much impossible with most melee weapons with fex exceptions). Thats my 2 cents on that matter and I sincerely hope this gets reverted ASAP.

5G9E5Di.png

Really though melee has its place

Not every frame can pull it off though