The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unplayable Freezing

Tharium

Yesterday before the update the game played fine. But now whenever I try to move in game it freezes for about 5 seconds before moving a step then freezing again. If I stand still and don't move it runs fine. Another weird thing is that even when I typing in my password to log in it starts freezing after each letter. 

Hi Tharium, I apologize for the delayed response. This sounds similar to an issue that someone else found when trying to move using the WASD keys. Can you please look at this post and let me know if any of its solutions work for you?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/29396-moving-hangs-the-game/?p=272660

Thanks a lot.

Edited by DE_Dmitri

Well I checked the language settings on my keyboard and I only have English installed, I've also rebound crouch in game so I'm never pressing ctrl while playing, and of course this wouldn't effect me while I'm typing in my password anyway but I still freeze while doing that. I also tried a different keyboard but I still have the same problem. 

Some more information though, so a couple of days ago when I posted this message I was having the freezing problems I described, but yesterday the game was back to running like normal despite me not having changed anything. Today however it's back to freezing up on me. It's also more than just movement that causes this freezing like it was for the post you linked. For instance I could be standing still and if I melee I get a very long freeze. 

Nothing has changed with the 7.8 update, still getting this awful freezing. I have been playing the game for a few weeks now without any issues, I don't understand why all of a sudden I'm having this happen to me. 

Interesting. I'm surprised the aforementioned post didn't remedy the situation. Is there any chance you could submit a support ticket with an EE log and a copy of your dxdiag? This could help us narrow down what exactly is going on with the engine when the issue occurs, as well as give us a detailed look at your system specs.

Ideally it would be best if you used an EE log that was retrieved immediately after you have had this issue occur.

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:
1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

Once you have your log / dxdiag then please submit a ticket to http://support.warframe.com/