Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credit Acquisition Scaling

Vaskadar

At the moment, credit acquisition in later levels isn't worth it. Average mission reward on Eris? 1300? I could get the same amount from an earlier mission easily. It doesn't incentivize finishing the levels, or putting any effort into fighting high level enemies. Even the XP scaling is out of whack, but I digress.

High level missions should yield more credits. High level alerts should yield 3x that amount, since it takes quite a bit of credits just to improve a mod, as well as compensate for the max-level enemies. Your player telemetry gathered from server data should yield information that shows that a large percentage of the population does not bother with high level missions (outside of defense), simply because they don't reward the player appropriately. If early missions yield 1000, and late missions only yield 30% more, then why should we bother? That's not progression.

If it's 200% more difficult (or enemies have 200% more health or whatever), then it should yield 200% more credits. Exploration in this game has also taken a dive because of low credit yields, and speed runs have taken a foothold because time is more important. Credits do NOT scale yet. They NEED to scale in order for progression to happen.

Edited by Vaskadar

I feel like lockers have way more credits in the higher planets (at least prior to the last update, I can't go to many solo anymore because of super-Lancers), but that could be RNG luck talking. I do agree that the rewards need to be higher on the endgame screen for satisfaction and consistency's sake.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

at least double considering higher level missions have weird 2 objectives to complete ? save the hostage ... ohh wait get data also now or the artifact etc

i do alerts for credits and defence missions for exp/mods plus boss speed runs for drops

exp gain is also weird ... ancient level 10-15 230 afinity w/e lvl 60 260 280 ... whats the point ? i grind io to wave 20-25 then repeat ..

Edited by ZuryVarkoff

I agree! I haven't unlocked all the planets and levels and I don't feel like it's worth doing so considering the fact that I'm only getting around 1300 per run. The runs are slower on high level planets and less rewarding so it lacks appeal to go any further.

When I need credit to upgrade my stuff or buy new things, I tend to only play to grind Vor for BP! I think this is the trend for people who is around the lvl 20-25 areas. This might be the fastest but most efficient way to get credits.

For the end of Pluto? 5000. It should be proportional to the level of the enemies. For Ceres? 3000.

I like those numbers.

Although, I think that later levels already drop more green credit cards worth 100 creds a piece than earlier levels. I open every locker and cut up every box I see and normally, last I checked, I make around 2500-3000 credits from that, in addition to the level reward. So I think it's possible that, although the finish credit reward is low for the effort made, the credits found in the level do scale. That's just my experience, however.

Personally, I want enough that farming Vor isn't the most profitable strategy any more.

So... At least 3500 for a high level system.

Unfortunately, Vor farming will remain the most credits per time spent until DE does something about Vor itself. You spend 2 minutes or less on Vor for 2,500 credits. That's going to be incredibly difficult to beat, as later level missions take longer to wade through enemies. 20 minutes for a 3500, compared to 20 minutes of Vor netting you 50,000 credits.

If you want to stop people from farming Vor for credits, DE will just have to change Vor, or the Cronus blueprint sell price.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

MoonicusMaximus, on 18 Apr 2013 - 1:21 PM, said:

Unfortunately, Vor farming will remain the most credits per time spent until DE does something about Vor itself. You spend 2 minutes or less on Vor for 2,500 credits. That's going to be incredibly difficult to beat, as later level missions take longer to wade through enemies. 20 minutes for a 3500, compared to 20 minutes of Vor netting you 50,000 credits.

If you want to stop people from farming Vor for credits, DE will just have to change Vor, or the Cronus blueprint sell price.

While true, I don't necessarily want to eradicate Vor farming so much as make other forms of credit acquisition viable.

I mean, Vor farming is pretty ridiculously boring for anyone with a levelled frame or weapons. That in of itself is a disincentive for me. (I do it anyway because it's so lucrative. :() I can't speak for others, but if there was a way to get more credits per mission on a more "fun" mission, I'd take it even if the per minute payout is still much less than an hour of Vor runs.

And then people will farm the M Prime raid for $1000 and a mod which you can get in under 3 minutes !

I do believe buffing higher level rewards is the way to go. I don't even have half of Pluto unlocked even though I have 2 lv30 frames and 9 lv30 weapons. I don't see any reason to play those difficult levels for what's basically a tip.

And then people will farm the M Prime raid for $1000 and a mod which you can get in under 3 minutes !

I do believe buffing higher level rewards is the way to go. I don't even have half of Pluto unlocked even though I have 2 lv30 frames and 9 lv30 weapons. I don't see any reason to play those difficult levels for what's basically a tip.

Unlocking those planets in case alerts pop up there? I mean, it'd suck to miss a potato alert because you only unlocked half of Pluto.

If the alerts on high level areas could have up to 3x their base rewards, there'd be plenty of reason to fight through high level areas (that you've already unlocked). Why fight an Alert mission on Ceres for 1400?

Alert missions are also out of whack in terms of credit rewards.

Edited by Vaskadar

Unlocking those planets in case alerts pop up there? I mean, it'd suck to miss a potato alert because you only unlocked half of Pluto.

I thought about it, but you can get enough catalysts with the daily roulettes! (in fact, all my guns except my kraken, boltor and zoren have catalysts I got that way). I'd be more annoyed if I missed a Rhino Thrak helmet... I haven't seen an alert for that yet.

They should really do somthing about the price of guaranteed drops.

Lessen the reward for lower missions, and increase end tier mission rewards.

Just boosting credits everywhere would then require more price changes to mod fusion, foundry, and market. We should not want inflation and having a bunch of zeros to our credit amount mean less and less.

Farming M Prime isn't anywhere close to what Vor farming is. Vor is a 100% garaunteed blueprint drop worth 2,500, which can be obtained in 2 minutes or less. This is because of the relatively short time to travel to the boss, and that the boss is incredibly easy to kill; the guy even teleports straight to you, as if it weren't convenient enough.

Other bosses on other systems do not have the potential for farming in the same league as Vor. Their blueprints are generally the same price, 2,500 credits, but getting to them takes more effort, takes more time, and their blueprint drop rate is not 100% like Vor's boss.

It is literally the quickest, most effecient way to make money, but is also incredibly boring. I'd rather it be gone than it be a staple in quick credit-making.

And I already agreed that higher systems should reward higher credits, both in pick-ups found in the level and upon level completion. That's a given.

Farming M Prime isn't anywhere close to what Vor farming is. Vor is a 100% garaunteed blueprint drop worth 2,500, which can be obtained in 2 minutes or less. This is because of the relatively short time to travel to the boss, and that the boss is incredibly easy to kill; the guy even teleports straight to you, as if it weren't convenient enough.

Other bosses on other systems do not have the potential for farming in the same league as Vor. Their blueprints are generally the same price, 2,500 credits, but getting to them takes more effort, takes more time, and their blueprint drop rate is not 100% like Vor's boss.

It is literally the quickest, most effecient way to make money, but is also incredibly boring. I'd rather it be gone than it be a staple in quick credit-making.

And I already agreed that higher systems should reward higher credits, both in pick-ups found in the level and upon level completion. That's a given.

Yeah. What I was saying was that if the cronus blueprint sell price is reduced enough people will resort to farming another easy level, so in my opinion the solution lies not in buffing nor in nerfing stuff, but in doing both.

Just to test it out I just did a run in m prime... took me 92 seconds -all menus included, cutscenes skipped- and I got 1000 credits and a vitality mod. If I did that 10 times it would take me 15 minutes and I'd get 10000 credits plus 10 mods I could keep or sell for 2000. Of course that is ridiculous and boring, I'd rather play 2 high-level missions even if it takes me 40 minutes.

The game should never reward mindless grinding. I think low level missions should pay a lot less, but low level expenses should be a lot lower too. Getting in my MMO mindset: low level expenses and rewards should be insignificant to high level players, and high level rewards and expenses should look unattainable to low level players. It's so... normalized right now that the risk/reward balance in high level missions is not worth it at all.

I thought about it, but you can get enough catalysts with the daily roulettes! (in fact, all my guns except my kraken, boltor and zoren have catalysts I got that way). I'd be more annoyed if I missed a Rhino Thrak helmet... I haven't seen an alert for that yet.

I saw one at a really odd hour, but since I hate the idea of making my amazingly slow Rhino even slower, I didn't bother to get out of bed to do it.