The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think Adding Grenades To The Game Would Be Too Much?

(PSN)POETICDRINK2U

Just for discussion, where would it fit in current weapon? It's neither primary nor secondary, sure as hell not melee type. And how do you even mod it, unless it's just a flat damage type. What would make grenade interesting enough to be introduced into the game?

Just for discussion, where would it fit in current weapon? It's neither primary nor secondary, sure as hell not melee type. And how do you even mod it, unless it's just a flat damage type. What would make grenade interesting enough to be introduced into the game?

Personally I think if we ever have more grenade-like weapons they should be thrown explosive secondaries like the Castanas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at one point (closed beta I think?) grenades were a part of Warframe; to make them special they had unique effects but DE decided they encroached on the territory of Warframe Powers.

Not really

But we already have sort of grenades the Quanta shoots these cube like grenades because they will detonate when it touches an enemy

But when it's not touching a enemy then it will take a couple of seconds to detonate just like grenades

Edited by (PS4)AzazelMora

They had grenades in beta and took them out.  They thought that people would use abilities over grenades but that was probably when all the current frames had offensive powers.

If they re-added them it would be gear and crafting them would not be worth it.

Why would you want grenades when we have the penta, ogris, castanas, angstrum and a wide array of tenno abilities? That's like asking for a match to start a fire when you have a flamethrower strapped to your back, doesn't make any sense.

Seriously, this isn't cod, it never will be cod, and it never should be cod. A lot of people really need to start internalizing that.

Personally I think if we ever have more grenade-like weapons they should be thrown explosive secondaries like the Castanas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at one point (closed beta I think?) grenades were a part of Warframe; to make them special they had unique effects but DE decided they encroached on the territory of Warframe Powers.

Special effect like stun, radiation proc, etc? I'm in for that :)

Somehow i don't feel like they would be very useful. WE have frame abilities that are not that great, and with the firepower we can pack, aiming and throwing something would most likely be slower than simply obliterate everything with your primary.

Its all about the "trade-off" says the dev in several streams.  If you want super powerful powers then you have to drop other mods like Speed, Stamine, Shields, Power and just slam on all power damage increasers.  Then you can walk throught he level clicking 1,2,3 or 4 and delete maps or keep a utility power charged.

One-man army is not for warframe.  Either you stack the basic fun mods like health, shields and speed and kill with your guns or power mods and spam abilities of some kind.  You can't have it all in Warframe.  One way you will be revived constantly if the enemy is too powerful or miss out on kills if you have a gun build.  If you can manage to have 3 other friends who are at your beck and call 24/7 to show up when you need a mission done you can balance a 4 man team perfectly for every match with all the wonderful trade-offs that bring depth to the mod-system.  Things that are  a keybind in any other game, are a mod here so pick wisely as we do not need another Mod Card to take up a slot or to Craftin 200 grenades for just under 350 hours of farming materials.