Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Screwed On Alerts

ReiganCross

Yeah, it's happening right now. I want the Dark Sword, always wanted ever since i first got my Dark Dagger blueprint and twice now has the Dark Sword alert popped up while i'm at work. This is annoying, this is stupid and this especially disencouraging. I just hate the fact that you're punishing me for not being available to play your game 24/7 on a whim of the Alert Generator. It just really puts me out of the mood to keep playing your game, which is kind of dangerous when i'm about to start a massive Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate gaming campaign (Which i really hope won't put my interest away from Warframe, since, y'know, pretty different games and all. Although, now that i think about it... Not really THAT different... Huh.)

Dont worry about it I just started the alert and had to drop it, as it was impossible to get to the target wp, thanks to the new #*($%%@ up tile-sets. I searched every inch back and forth, and it was obvious the wp was created behind a door way that was locked, with no way round. Not the first since the introduction of the new sets, frankly, little testing seems to have been undertaken before releasing them.

Edited by HexCaliber

They fixed the markers you know.

What they have fixed and what remains to be fixed are entirely different, Since yesterday's patch, I have had a sabotage target that had not spawned (second time this has happened) and just now an unreachable wp. I know the area where the wp was located, I know how to get there, it just wasn't possible as the door was locked.

Yeah, I'm sure the Devs were like; 'wait for it.. wait for it... OKAY HE's GONE! go go go! put the alert up!

Muahahahahahaa."

If you reeeaaalllly want the Dark sword Blueprint you just have to attend the whipping sessions, I heard they hand them out afterwards.

So you basically are upset because the game doesnt fit your work times? Wow.

Kind of, yes, real time in game is kind of an inconvenience to the player and if i can't enjoy the full content for any reasonable reason, then it's diminishing the gameplay experience.

Also, leaving the PC switched on would work, but that's an archaic method of old MMORPGs of leaving a store open while you're away. It became archaic because it became pretty much a shore of making sure you're ALWAYS there paying attention to the game (Which, to be fair, i kind of am right now, still getting punished for actually having a life.)

Yeah, I'm sure the Devs were like; 'wait for it.. wait for it... OKAY HE's GONE! go go go! put the alert up! Muahahahahahaa." If you reeeaaalllly want the Dark sword Blueprint you just have to attend the whipping sessions, I heard they hand them out afterwards.

Bite me. What the F*** you want me to do, quit work and stay on Warframe full time so they can just call me on a whimp like their little *@##$? If that's the game you want to play i have no business with you.

The rewards from alerts aside from Potato's are a one shot deal, you only need one. So them being exceptionally rare is a good thing. I'm sure the Dark sword will pop up in the rotation again, hopefully you won't be at work when it does.

The rewards from alerts aside from Potato's are a one shot deal, you only need one. So them being exceptionally rare is a good thing. I'm sure the Dark sword will pop up in the rotation again, hopefully you won't be at work when it does.

That's actually a good argument. Hell, you won't even need potatoes after gathering enough of them. But you still have to admit that SOME sort of inconvenience this Alert system DOES in fact causes. And i wouldn't be upset if it was any other drop, but Dark Sword was not dropping AT ALL before U7, we spent about 3 months not even knowing how it LOOKS! So it's not rare, it's INSANE rare, i'll have to wait another 3 months so that MAYBE they'll put an Alert on a time that i can actually gather?

As i said it looks like they are trying to address this. The current system can't really cater for all time zones. I guess they could be on a weekend but then some people work weekends, some are busy with families, you get the idea. I suggested elsewhere that they could run for longer periods (say 12 hours), still not gonna please everyone.

As i said it looks like they are trying to address this. The current system can't really cater for all time zones. I guess they could be on a weekend but then some people work weekends, some are busy with families, you get the idea. I suggested elsewhere that they could run for longer periods (say 12 hours), still not gonna please everyone.

Longer periods definitely would work. Hell, look at the livestream special alerts they always put up after the stream is pretty acessible to everyone on every time schedule. In an 8 hours window i doubt you can't find the 10-20min necessary to clear an alert at home. But 30min? Hell, sometimes it's possible to miss it even if you CAN play it because you're engaged in a long duration boss!

they put up a darksword bp alert for 12 hours. that should be plenty of time for ANYONE

It is... I honestly am still struggling to know exactly how i feel about seeing the Dark Sword BP for all this time.

In one side i feel happy, they allowed me to get what i always wanted!

On the other side i feel kind of bad for complaining about it... (Maybe i should delete this topic?)

Then i start to think about what this means for the sword, it's still goingto be pretty rare, but not as much. Is it my fault? Yeah, doubt arises...