Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning Points From Last Year?!

Venus-Venera

Warning points do not expire. I got mine for posting a certain picture, somebody was in a bad mood, and decided to ban me for few days, give me warning and put me on moderated posts queue.

If your points are from last year, you can submit a Support ticket, or PM any of the CMs, or even Rebecca or Megan directly. If they see, that you were acting good for some time, they'll remove these warning points.

Warning points do not expire. I got mine for posting a certain picture, somebody was in a bad mood, and decided to ban me for few days, give me warning and put me on moderated posts queue.

If your points are from last year, you can submit a Support ticket, or PM any of the CMs, or even Rebecca or Megan directly. If they see, that you were acting good for some time, they'll remove these warning points.

There's no point in PMing to DE staff because getting an answer might take a couple of days and they will tell you to contact support.

this absolutely unacceptable! this is psychological pressure and have no place there. this gives this forum very bad image!

i submitted a ticket and will talk officially in other placed about it.

Warning points , certain ones, are permanent. 

I have a point, for having a rather harsh response to someone here on forums. Having the point does not effect my ability to post on forums, or communicate with anyone. Removing it would serve no purpose and would invalidate why I got it in the first place. 

Keep your points. Remember why you got them. That is the reason you got the point, it is why it is still there. If you trully believe you got the point for no justified reason, you should contact support, or DE staff, How ever, if its been a year, why are you just now worrying about it?

Edited by -Malachi-

discussion about reasons leads this topic in wrong direction. please don't go off-topic.

If you're referring to Malachi's response, I think it was totally within the context of the thread.

I recognise I'm on a high horse here, but

Removing it would serve no purpose and would invalidate why I got it in the first place. 

I think this summarises his (and part of my) response pretty well to your OP, even if it's speculation as to the events surrounding it. As for the concept of warning points, though, they're just like any other warning system which is put in place more for the players' sake, not others. No-one else gets to see it, it doesn't impact how you post or anything, but it does remind you of that one time it didn't come out right, or you forgot that others on the forums are human too.

If you think the person who gave you the warning abused their rights (read:privileges) then you're well within yours to submit a support ticket without provoking an inflammatory thread like this.

discussion about reasons leads this topic in wrong direction. please don't go off-topic.

A: was not discussing the reason you got the points. the reasons you got the point is irrelevant to me.

B: what is the topic? that you want your points removed or that you are suffering some pseudo psycho emotional disturbance by having them?

C: topic 1- wanting points removed-the only way you can accomplish that is by contacting support, or DE staff, or another moderator to discuss the matter, we here on forums, the normal players like yourself, cannot do anything about it, and making a thread concerning it accomplishes nothing what so ever.

D:topic 2- Your psychological or emotional upheaval over a point system in a forums for a video game is interesting. Considering that no one can see the point but you, no one but you knows you have it. having the points does not stop you from posting to the forums in any way. I am sure you are old enough to understand the term " take responsibility for your actions". Considering that points of any kind within this forum have no effect on your ability to use this forum, and have no effect on you outside of this forum, What really is the issue?

Making a thread to complain about forum policy, or repercussions of your own choices, ultimately only attracts problems, in most forums, or websites it is in fact against that very forums rules to do so. Again, I reiterate if you have an issue with moderators actions toward your posts, the options are -contact support, contact DE staff, Contact a forum moderator to discuss the matter. Discussion on the matter with the rest of us, does nothing for you. 

Hi,

If you have questions about your warning points, contact one of our CMs, or the forum devs.

The policy of our warning points has changed. If you believe that a warning point you have no longer holds true, or the punishment of that point is no longer just, explain it to us and we will consider it.

If removal is most appropriate, we (Rebecca/Drew) may do so.

warning points from last year give me huge disadvantage in forums.

i always see them and i know that they are from one person who abused his rights and hated me and isn't here anymore.

i can't take this psychological pressure and i see no reason for it!

Yeah, im in the same situation with a waring from THAT guy.

The policy was changed and certain warning points that should've erase after the month period but didnt stayed and with the policy change are now creating problems.