Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devil's Advocate: Why De's Handling Of The Lore Is Brilliant.

Tesseract_The_Pariah

What about in-map lore? Certain tiles that revealed things about the world, that you'd have to go find and examine.

Oh ABSOLUTELY! 

One of the main reasons I play Solo is to allow me the time to peruse the tile set, scouring for clues of what the different factions are all about

In part this is wishful thinking that DE has planted a whole garden of Easter eggs, but the main reason I do this is to gain emersion

That is what I found Fallout 3 and later New Vegas to be so captivating ...

Digging through trash cans, peaking at long forgotten computer files to better understand the worldspace, its history and how to kick keester

DE could really amp up the game by including this type of search and think about mode (as other threads have already suggested) 

Oh ABSOLUTELY! 

One of the main reasons I play Solo is to allow me the time to peruse the tile set, scouring for clues of what the different factions are all about

In part this is wishful thinking that DE has planted a whole garden of Easter eggs, but the main reason I do this is to gain emersion

That is what I found Fallout 3 and later New Vegas to be so captivating ...

Digging through trash cans, peaking at long forgotten computer files to better understand the worldspace, its history and how to kick keester

DE could really amp up the game by including this type of search and think about mode (as other threads have already suggested) 

I think that would be a really easy way to add more depth to the game. "Lore tiles" seem like they'd be pretty easy to add, and you could makes them spawn in smaller numbers like the void obstacle rooms to give a sense of exploration or finding something hidden.

@ElHefe: thank you for your well thought-out response. I apologize for making such long and wordy responses, but I'm glad that my stance has been clarified, and more so that you agree with it.

@Vaugahn: Lore tiles would be fantastic and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before. Other players and other threads have mentioned how they'd like to have more utility-themed tiles, like rec rooms, and living quarters; though you could potentially find some 'everyday life' lore there, an entire tile dedicated to how something works would be wonderful.