The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Whats The Current Meta?

Kvzakau

In my humble opinion, Dual Ichors still render most other forms of melee obselete.

Vauban took a minor nerf in that his 4 is affected by more stats now, so something like Narrow Minded will hurt it's pull range... haven't used it since so I won't judge.

That was actualy the change i was waiting for. Slapped on Overextended immeadiately after i saw the notes. And my Vauban biuld still has 2 open slots that im not bothered to do anything with.

It only cost me my vitality mod though. But frankly, if i was letting any infested get in my face, i must have been doing something wrong.

Edited by Dualstar

We need more structure, like the Tactical Alerts and more absolutes like invincible unless you do X, or super high damage unless you interrupt Y, or maximum Z damage received per hit unless teamwork. More conditions for getting the best DPS, like +X% damage on headshot, or +X% damage from behind/beside, or +X% damage per target hit so that when someone wants the best damage, they also have to consider meeting conditions. Etc etc structure, thinking, adapting etc etc.

Just wanted to un-lurk for a second to +1 this point.

I do feel like WF is on the way. Since the "Better Dumb Enemies" thread, we've seen Corrupted Vor, T4's with suspicious shipment damage, Tactical Alerts, Infested Rework and Eximus spawn boosts.

It's not perfect...but it's in the right direction. The more we make points like the above, and get ppl to understand them, the closer we get to making WF about more than just a meta.

My thoughts

Meta Frames: Nyx, Loki, Rhino, Vauban, Nekros, Nova (Not as much now), and at super high tier Survival / Defense Banshee (that damage buff is pretty essential to kill things in a timely manner)

Meta Weapons: Boltor Prime,  Paris Prime/ Dread, Soma, Amprex, Synapse, Ogris still (to a lesser degree) People still use Penta as well (really only for defense)

Meta Sidearms: Brakk, Marelokk, That's really about it as far as sidearms that are useable as a main weapons. Honorable Mention to the stug and angstrum (even if it's very difficult to use now with the way it chews through it's very limited ammo)

Meta Melee: Dakra with C. Dervish, Dual Ichor, Orthos Prime, Bo Prime, D. Nikana, and Zoren as mostly a movement tool.

That's about it. Those are the things that are generally considered  strong right now and that I frequently see from top end players, but I definitely feel there's a lot of viable weapons that don't see heavy use (I feel like Burston Prime is very strong and gets ignored for some reason, it was even up there for best weapon in the game before the viral nerf)

The last time I tried to play PUGs, I mainly saw Rhinos, Lokis, Novas, Nekros, Vaubans and Nyxes.

Of course, no ones mention Volt, and it's really sad. Electric shield provides huge boosts (+200% critical damage, no fallof, no hardrange limit and a stacking +50% electric damage each time a shot goes through a shield) as well as an easy to exploit cover, Speed is able to strongly buff melee frames and players as well as making movement easier and Shock is a cheap and highly versatile short time CC that you can use everytime without interrupting reloadings or movements.

Also, Rhino is overrated IMHO.

The last time I tried to play PUGs, I mainly saw Rhinos, Lokis, Novas, Nekros, Vaubans and Nyxes.

Of course, no ones mention Volt, and it's really sad. Electric shield provides huge boosts (+200% critical damage, no fallof, no hardrange limit and a stacking +50% electric damage each time a shot goes through a shield) as well as an easy to exploit cover, Speed is able to strongly buff melee frames and players as well as making movement easier and Shock is a cheap and highly versatile short time CC that you can use everytime without interrupting reloadings or movements.

Also, Rhino is overrated IMHO.

I completely agree about Volt, all I ever hear people say about him is he sucks or he's okay until you get something else. I bought him on a whim to go along with my shiny new Amprex (on that note buying the starter frames is a pretty decent deal, 75 plat for a warframe with no wait that comes installed with a catalyst and a slot.) and I have to say he's very strong and scales perfectly good into late game, I'd even go so far as to say he's better than Frost, You can protect almost any objective with 3 shields and you won't even block your allies from firing on them (in fact you'll butt their damage)

Also yeah Rhino is overrated too, but he is still strong.

Edited by Baruti