Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting One Shotted Upon Joining Sector Conflicts

m0cca

So I recognize I'm still a very new player and maybe I am just doing something wrong but as someone who has played quite a few other shooter games and rpg games, the way damage is calculated in these sector conflicts makes little to no sense at all...

*General Scenario*

Join a sector conflict and feel lucky to get to start at the start of a match with attackers so that I feel like I have a chance 

Move towards objective using my temporarily rank 0 boltor prime to shoot things in the head but remind myself I need at least half a clip practically to kill even the npcs or these strangely level 10 (vs. level 0 player) specters.

Feel good about myself for killing a specter or two  then suddenly an enemy player rushes up to me and one shots me for both my health and shields with a single melee attack (What the hell?)

Lay there and die because no one will try to res (too damn risky)

Respawn and try to advance slowly, once again using up entire clips just to get a single kill due to super low damage.

Suddenly out of nowhere a sniper bullet or some kind of ranged attack 1 shots me for my entire health and shields and I bleedout again.

Wonder what the point is of playing a game type where everyone else but you seems to be able to 1 shot their targets right from the start of the fight (still outside with more than 15/20 attacker lives).

*End Scenario*

All I'm really looking for here is some kind of info on how exactly enemy players are able to do 1 hit kills with melee AND weapon attacks while a weapon like Boltor Prime, Quanta, or Dragon Nikana all seem to require at least multiple hits at the start of a match to kill anything. I've even tried using the dread to get headshots and all it can do is drop maybe half hp or shields. 

I am not creating this post as a way to QQ mostly, but I am simply looking for some real feedback on how exactly to have a chance at doing the kind of damage other people seem to be able to do so that my targets will die in 1 to 2 shots RIGHT at the START of a match not after I spend time levelling up like so many other forum posters claim is the usual method.

Levelling up your weapons and frame during a fight is all well and good but when a valkyr can run out of the spawn doors right at the start of a match and 1 shot you (seriously 1 melee attack not even a spin), something feels seriously wrong with this game.

Edited by m0cca

Generally I try to bring Valkyr or Loki Prime but either way the same scenario seems to happen... if it was just on Loki then I might just call it his squishy nature but it really feels like I'm just not using the so-called "pro op weapons" for these fights or something.

Obviously experience plays a lot into it, once you figure out the mechanics of DS PvP you start to find which weapons are incredibly strong and which are fairly weak.

For example, the Boltor Prime, while being incredibly effective in PvM, is a generally very mediocre weapon for Dark sector PvP - It lacks slash, and its bolts have travel time - while easy to lead NPC's, players are obviously unpredictable and much harder to hit. This, coupled with its inability to quickly attain mods (due to its lack of 'good' polarities by default), makes it quite a weak choice.

Try Latron Prime. Stick Malignant Force and Infected Chamber in its default V and dash polarity, and you will be destroying people as soon as you hit level 2, since its very high status and high base damage by default will make you do high amounts of toxic damage, bypassing shields and inflicting Toxin DoT's.