Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 Weapon Balance

dandin3

so as a very big fan of melee 2.0 i spotted some thing that need upgrade
here's the thing . we have many weapon to have fun with. and that it's good.
but the weapon that actually do the most damage are few.

dual ichor for "dual sword"  bo prime for "staffs" . jat kittag for hammer. dragon nikana for "nikana". others prime for "polearm" scoliac for "whip" . fang prime for "dual daggers" .and kronen

all the other kind of weapon just don't have something to do the high damage.
i talk about. "one hand sword" "daggers" "axe" "sword and shield" "scythe" "fist" "machete" "sparring" [and "claws" but they new so nm them for now]

don't get me wrong. i love to play with these weapons . they a lot of fun. but when its go to high level enemy they get useless.

for example: i solo with dual ichor t3 surv 1h+ many times but when i try go with karyst ["dagger"] i barely survived 20 min.
so what i ask from de its to do some work one this weapon to make him some advantage over the other weapons so we can have fun with them like all the other weapons.
like high crit dange for daggers or high status for axe or make new weapons for them

[btw before you kill me i didn't mention "crimson dervish" stance because it's a bit broken that you need the stance to do some ridiculous high damage ... but never mind that this it's not the topic here]

let me know what you think :D

In my opinion the Machete Wraith is really good.

The Galatine and the Gram can be super OP if modded well, if you use the Broken Bull combo of the Cleaving Whirlwind stance you get a 3x damage multiplier and you hit twice, so 6x damages.

The Reaper Prime isn't bad too, but imo it needs some rework.

I use the Obex as one of my main melee weapons, and i can say that it does insane damages.

In my opinion the Machete Wraith is really good.

The Galatine and the Gram can be super OP if modded well, if you use the Broken Bull combo of the Cleaving Whirlwind stance you get a 3x damage multiplier and you hit twice, so 6x damages.

The Reaper Prime isn't bad too, but imo it needs some rework.

I use the Obex as one of my main melee weapons, and i can say that it does insane damages.

yes claeaving whirlwind its like crimson dervish. 

and i cant see how machete wraith can get even close to the damage or utility of dual ichor and jat kittag.

slow and low damge and no crit... :{

Edited by dandin3

Any of the melee weapons can be effectively used to eliminate any enemy. Sure some lose the power at extremely high levels.

Channeling can help focus on getting rid of enemies really fast.

??
so.. its not fair that some weapons. losses there power at high lvl.
[and channeling its a Accordance the build you use. and can use with any weapon this so it doesn't count.]

yes claeaving whirlwind its like crimson dervish. 

and i cant see how machete wraith can get even close to the damage or utility of dual ichor and jat kittag.

slow and low damge and no crit... :{

I frequently use it, it has got a nice damage and it isn't slow. The great thing of this weapon is that is balanced and veraatile, and it doesn't even need any forma because of the two V innate polarities, great for a Channelling Build.

You are comparing all the weapon to the only one that is insanely op, that's why you consider all the melee weapons scraps.

I frequently use it, it has got a nice damage and it isn't slow. The great thing of this weapon is that is balanced and veraatile, and it doesn't even need any forma because of the two V innate polarities, great for a Channelling Build.

You are comparing all the weapon to the only one that is insanely op, that's why you consider all the melee weapons scraps.

no no you missing my point.
i say there is no machete that can go to high lvl...
we have dual swords that very low in damage as well . but when you lvl up you can upgrade it.. but if you use machete for example at high lvl you gonna switch for another type of weapon. and that what sucks here 

no no you missing my point.

i say there is no machete that can go to high lvl...

we have dual swords that very low in damage as well . but when you lvl up you can upgrade it.. but if you use machete for example at high lvl you gonna switch for another type of weapon. and that what sucks here

The Machete Wraith CAN go in high levels. Its a nice weapon and its stance has a lot of bonus damages

Riding Current ends with a vertical cleave which deals 100% bonus damage and knocks down the enemy you're targeting . It chains easily into the ground finisher for good damage.

Coming Tide combo ends with a horizontal slash which does a 100% chance of dealing Slash b Slash bleed proc and deals 100% bonus damage.

The final attack also includes a short distance dash that can hit enemies in a line. You can also manually move during the charge up animation before the dash, which will replace the dash with your current movement.

This dash also possesses the ability to "copter" if performed on a ledge, and has a disproportionately long travel distance. Be careful using it near ledges or you will be thrown quite a ways out.

Flash Flood's spinning attacks has a 100% chance to inflict Impact b Impact proc on all hits but will only proc once on each enemy.

The final strike also deals 100% bonus damage.

I tried it in T4 missions and it does well its job. Maybe not as the Dragon Ninkana or the Dual Ichors, but its actually a nice melee.

I can't get why everyone only wants OP weapons.

The thing that I don't like of this game is that everyone uses the best weapon. Most of the players don't want to try out the weapon they like, they just want to build Soma, Boltor Prime, Ichors, Marelok. I've seen few players using the Burston Prime or the Pyrana, for example.

OP =/= Fun in my opinion.

I can't get why everyone only wants OP weapons.

The thing that I don't like of this game is that everyone uses the best weapon. Most of the players don't want to try out the weapon they like, they just want to build Soma, Boltor Prime, Ichors, Marelok. I've seen few players using the Burston Prime or the Pyrana, for example.

OP =/= Fun in my opinion.

agree .. burston p it's one of my favorite. 
and that what i wanna get here.. that every type of melee weapon be desired by the players

agree .. burston p it's one of my favorite. 

and that what i wanna get here.. that every type of melee weapon be desired by the players

Burston Prime is love, Burston Prime is life

I want a balance too, but this'd mean buffing something and maybe nerfing these weapons that are TOO OP. I know, haters incoming, but I'm not suggesting a huge nerf, just some little little changes.

Burston Prime is love, Burston Prime is life

I want a balance too, but this'd mean buffing something and maybe nerfing these weapons that are TOO OP. I know, haters incoming, but I'm not suggesting a huge nerf, just some little little changes.

well at t4 surv if you don't use OP weapon you gonna die at 15 min -25 top so op weapon its good ... we just need more.

Lol, how can you not count the stances?That's exactly what they're there for.Balancing S#&$ out.The best example for that are those heavy-type weapons that lost their power with melee 2.0,as charge attacks were removed.Weapons categorized as axes,namely.Those weapons got their original damage tool taken away but got compensated with a stance that brought back their powers.Stances are exclusive to their respective weapon type and add unique playstyle,effects and strenghts to your weapon.So yeah, they're a balancing tool.I mean, it's not like any other weapon type can spin2win with a x4 multiplier on every hit.Imagine if axes had the same base damage as, let's say ,dragon nikana.Now that would be unbalanced.

Edited by iSmallfry